HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 25, 2010, 07:30 PM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
where do you get your wire from? I have a couple of projects that involve a rewind or 4 and need some different stuff than is offered at RS.

speaking of the blufo...
I think some weight distribution changes and longer booms might go w/o rewinding the motors. Now that winter is upon us...~15`F tomorrow morning BRRRR! I'll make some time to try my theory. My idea is to put a 120mah batt under each motor and possibly a 70mah on the rx. with the weight at the end of the booms it should. slow the motors over reacting.


regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:59 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
1Hammer's Avatar
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
where do you get your wire from? I have a couple of projects that involve a rewind or 4 and need some different stuff than is offered at RS.

regards,
Bill
I've purchased it many places...your best bet is to do a search on eBay for "solderable magnet wire". You can usually find a pretty good selection of most sizes for 2.2 to 2.3 per foot shipped.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Last edited by 1Hammer; Nov 27, 2010 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2010, 02:24 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Hi Guys,
Hope everyone had a great Turkey day.
It is only just past 7.00am her at the moment and Iam hoping to have my first full day off work in about 2 months today. We have been run off our feet lately.
The more I fly the V100D01,the more I like it. It can really be thrown around a lot.
I don't notice any throttle delay except the tailrotor speeds up briefly when I crash.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 04:36 AM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
EatAtJoes's Avatar
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Cracked My Dx7 LCD

Well guys there was an annoying bit of black stuff just on the LCD of my Dx7 and I decided to take it apart and finally clean it, well as I did it got caught on the cloth I was using and fell to the table and cracked on the screwdriver I had used to pull apart the radio, spewin.....

Anyway I called around and I am sending it in to get repaired.... very annoyed with myself over that... it still works fine... just no LCD...

Meantime I purchased another Dx7 cause I got withdrawals... and I will probably eBay it off and go for the JR X9503 as it has 50 model memory 7 point curves, servo speed adjustments, backlight etc... and backward compatible for all spektrum DSM2 receivers.

meantime its given me time to build my tarot 450 (youtube videos uploaded) and fix a lot of little projects I had that I hadnt quite finished in the past.

Have started a new dual brushless mSR with one thing in mind and that is weight. So far it looks great as far as weight is concerned but not counting those chickens just yet as it still has a long way to go, even though the prototype was lighter than original stock mSR, but that aint to hard to do as the stock motor is about 6 grams heavier than the brushless motor.
Just got to find good light weight batteries.

Elias
EatAtJoes is offline Find More Posts by EatAtJoes
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 06:05 AM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,

Elias,
That's too bad about your tx. I hate it when I'm trying to fix a little thing, that doesn't really matter, and create a real problem.

You piqued my interest in a kit heli. The TT450/500, you have, looks nice. A little big, but considering the HS on the 250.... Anyway, What do you guys figure it will cost to complete the kit? Rx, gyro, motor...the stuff you need to make it fly correctly. You'll notice I hedged for replacement of iffy stock servos, etc.

Jason,
When I moved to Hawaii, I started work the second day there. Didn't get a day off for 6wks. I kept getting the "We think you might be off tomorrow" thing. I took matters into my own hands. The next time they said "Maybe tomorrow", I went to the bottle shop, early, and was thoroughly pissed by the time they called. problem solved

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 07:25 AM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
EatAtJoes's Avatar
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,

Elias,
That's too bad about your tx. I hate it when I'm trying to fix a little thing, that doesn't really matter, and create a real problem.

You piqued my interest in a kit heli. The TT450/500, you have, looks nice. A little big, but considering the HS on the 250.... Anyway, What do you guys figure it will cost to complete the kit? Rx, gyro, motor...the stuff you need to make it fly correctly. You'll notice I hedged for replacement of iffy stock servos, etc.

regards,
Bill
Bill

I items that I am using on this particular setup is expensive because it has the best of everything in it.

flight times will be around 3.5mins but raw power. The motor I have selected is unboggable and the gyro is perfect coupled with the servo.

Personally the next motor in the series -8 (not the -6 like mine) would be best suited for most 3D flyers. Im just finding that doing tic tocs I tend to bog the motor down because I cant do them well yet so I needed something with more grunt to make up for my inexperience.


Tarot 450 Pro (quality is 100%) Heaps of places sell it
Futaba GY520 Gyro or a Spartan Quark Heaps of places sell it
MKS DS8910 Tail Servo 760us
MG14 (will be swapped over soon or maybe not as I like these) for faster speed servo's on the cyclic with the
DG922 Servo's
Scorpion 2221-6 4400KV motor The Ultimate Motor
Castle Creations ICE 50A ESC Best ESC
Turnigy Nano-Tech 25-50C 2200maH batteries something that can throw out the AMPs needed

But the motor / ESC can be quite a lot cheaper

Elias
EatAtJoes is offline Find More Posts by EatAtJoes
Last edited by EatAtJoes; Nov 28, 2010 at 02:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 03:36 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,

Elias,
That's too bad about your tx. I hate it when I'm trying to fix a little thing, that doesn't really matter, and create a real problem.

You piqued my interest in a kit heli. The TT450/500, you have, looks nice. A little big, but considering the HS on the 250.... Anyway, What do you guys figure it will cost to complete the kit? Rx, gyro, motor...the stuff you need to make it fly correctly. You'll notice I hedged for replacement of iffy stock servos, etc.

Jason,
When I moved to Hawaii, I started work the second day there. Didn't get a day off for 6wks. I kept getting the "We think you might be off tomorrow" thing. I took matters into my own hands. The next time they said "Maybe tomorrow", I went to the bottle shop, early, and was thoroughly pissed by the time they called. problem solved

regards,
Bill


Hi Guys,
Bill,That is what I need to do I think.
Yesterday,I thought I was free all day until some joker decided to drive a forklift off a loading dock.
That was a little bit of excitment.Personally,I think they need to hand the driver a little cup and ask him to fill it for them.
Today,I was working up on the northern beaches so I decided to buy lunch at the upper crust pie shop. I don't mind paying $6.50 for a meat pie when I enjoy them. http://www.notquitenigella.com/2008/...s-at-collaroy/ My mouth is watering again as I read the review.
My V100 is flying great.I can't wait to get the JTV100 frame and John's lights all fitted.
Elias,
Did you make much progress on setting up a CNC machine?
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 05:51 AM
Registered User
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Hi Jason,
Next time you want a pie around the Collaroy area try the Ocean Bakehouse....directly opposite Bunnings on Pittwater Rd Narrebeen. (near the sands pub)
Just as good if not better than the Upper Crust and more appropriately priced and no silly queue. < $5 for a chicken, avo and brie. Their bacon and cheese rolls are the best I've had too!

Another good pie shop...Brooky Pies just short of the Bus Depot if heading south. Not as fancy as the others but their chicken pie is a cracker.

On topic..heli.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:46 AM
I crash therefore I am
Vimd's Avatar
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi Guys,
My V100D01 arrived a few days ago and although I love to complain,I just can't complain about it.
There seams to be a very very slight throttle kill delay which I only notice when I crash,but the blades stop by the time it hits the ground the second time.
Maybe it is me having learned to just kill the throttle at the first sign of trouble on the 4#3B,or maybe I got a good one. Anyhoo,I like it.
Cool Jason! I am waiting (im)patiently for mine now.....

Nathan
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 07:06 AM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
I can enter this conversation with some first hand experience...

The Upper Crust is good, I enjoyed their pies and , yep, they are a little pricey. I particularly liked the sesame seeds on the crust.

The shop next to the Collaroy Beach House makes a good chicken'/red curry You might find them a little on the spicy side. I could've used a dash or three of Tabasco...Two for breaky and you're ready. Top it off with an expresso...There's an Asian family running the place. I gave them some of my mango salsa to play with, after the folks at the hostel had a go. It was a little too much for most of them...too much garlic, hot pepper to suit their taste. It was perfect with the flatty I cooked up.

my mouth is watering and my bones are cold. Tell me how nice the weather is....it's supposed to reach almost 10`C here and when the sun goes down...winter arrives. I'll have to leave a faucet dripping to keep the pipes from freezing. 10-15`F for tomorrow morning.

Jason,
for the JT100 and the V100...are you using the 4#3 or CB100 servo placement. The stock V100 frame is the upgraded 4#3 BL frame with the wider bearings. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Last edited by Air Vaca; Nov 29, 2010 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 06:15 AM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,

It's "brisk" this morning. No idea of the temp...the animals water had ice on it all day , yesterday. And then the sun went down. 49`F was the high in Tucson. It wasn't very warm. I made a quick trip up there to get some "furnace" parts. The chain saw needed a bar and I got a couple of chains, too. I love a brand new chain....I was, note the tense, going to be lazy and buy some wood. There's some wood lots in Sahuarita....5000 acres of pecan trees between here and Tucson. Well, guess who was closed. That was just one of many petty frustrations for the day. I sitting here warm, soooo.

Hey Jason,
What motor you going to use for the JTV100? I'm trying to figure out what to use in place of the HP06s. I tried the CO5xl on Nate's moth. It works OK. Is the HP05-2 the replacement? All the HP06's I've seen are the HP06 V2 16,300kv. The HP05-2 is 13000 [according to wow]? The HP06s is 11000? The HP05s [10000kv] in the 2428 moth seems weak...but it may just need a different pinion.
Is the HP06s still being made?

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 03:01 PM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
EatAtJoes's Avatar
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi Guys,
Bill,That is what I need to do I think.
Yesterday,I thought I was free all day until some joker decided to drive a forklift off a loading dock.
That was a little bit of excitment.Personally,I think they need to hand the driver a little cup and ask him to fill it for them.
Today,I was working up on the northern beaches so I decided to buy lunch at the upper crust pie shop. I don't mind paying $6.50 for a meat pie when I enjoy them. http://www.notquitenigella.com/2008/...s-at-collaroy/ My mouth is watering again as I read the review.
My V100 is flying great.I can't wait to get the JTV100 frame and John's lights all fitted.
Elias,
Did you make much progress on setting up a CNC machine?
Regards Jason
Got caught up with too many things so CNC machine is on hold, but a 100% definite build for next year.
EatAtJoes is offline Find More Posts by EatAtJoes
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 01:38 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Hi Jason,
Next time you want a pie around the Collaroy area try the Ocean Bakehouse....directly opposite Bunnings on Pittwater Rd Narrebeen. (near the sands pub)
Just as good if not better than the Upper Crust and more appropriately priced and no silly queue. < $5 for a chicken, avo and brie. Their bacon and cheese rolls are the best I've had too!

Another good pie shop...Brooky Pies just short of the Bus Depot if heading south. Not as fancy as the others but their chicken pie is a cracker.

On topic..heli.

Amp

Hi Amp,
Thanks for that info.
Iam starting to gather a very useful database for good food in each town I work in.
I went through a phase where I was seaking out all the best Lamb Kebabs for a while and #2 was at the chicken shop at Pitwater place in Mona Vale. Lamb Kebab with Chili and garlic sauce with all the other goodies.
But #1 was recently at Wollongong where I was referred to a little Lebanese restaurant by a local. I tried their Lamb Wrap and it was perfect.
So now Iam seaking good pie shops.
Yesterday,I went all the way to Ulladulla for work and was tempted to try a pie down there,But it was too late.I had already eaten
On topic....Heli.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 01:45 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,
I can enter this conversation with some first hand experience...

The Upper Crust is good, I enjoyed their pies and , yep, they are a little pricey. I particularly liked the sesame seeds on the crust.

The shop next to the Collaroy Beach House makes a good chicken'/red curry You might find them a little on the spicy side. I could've used a dash or three of Tabasco...Two for breaky and you're ready. Top it off with an expresso...There's an Asian family running the place. I gave them some of my mango salsa to play with, after the folks at the hostel had a go. It was a little too much for most of them...too much garlic, hot pepper to suit their taste. It was perfect with the flatty I cooked up.

my mouth is watering and my bones are cold. Tell me how nice the weather is....it's supposed to reach almost 10`C here and when the sun goes down...winter arrives. I'll have to leave a faucet dripping to keep the pipes from freezing. 10-15`F for tomorrow morning.

Jason,
for the JT100 and the V100...are you using the 4#3 or CB100 servo placement. The stock V100 frame is the upgraded 4#3 BL frame with the wider bearings. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
We are using the 4#3B style for servo placement on the JTV100 frame.
Very very soon,I hope to make another run of them. If work quietens down a little bit,I should be able to make some this week.
Iam gunna try the HP02 tail motor on the V100 once I set up the frame and John's light set.
Iam not too sure what to fit as the main motor. Can you recommend anything?
I have been tempted to buy a second V100D01 off Terrence.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 01:50 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAtJoes View Post
Got caught up with too many things so CNC machine is on hold, but a 100% definite build for next year.
Hi Elias,
I know what you mean about so many things going on at once.
When you get a CNC machine,you will have less spare time,but big smiles
Sorry to spam the thread,but here is a machine that is a very cheap price and ready to work. It is almost the same machine as mine. But he has fitted things a bit more proffessionaly than I have on mine. http://www.mytoolstore.com.au/produc...UCTION%29.html
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Walkera 4#3b blade balancing roandad Micro Helis 5 May 14, 2008 03:49 AM
For Sale Walkera #4 New-in-Box (10 units) FlyinFoSheezy Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Feb 19, 2008 10:18 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 in the States! RCAV8R13 Micro Helis 0 Nov 18, 2007 10:23 AM
For Sale Walkera #4 New-In-Box Electric Heli FlyinFoSheezy Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 09:37 PM
Walkera or Colco in Australia maxy333 Micro Helis 5 Jun 21, 2005 10:44 PM