Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:06 PM
I crash therefore I am
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi Nathan,
I have bought myself a V100D01 for Christmas. I wouldn't rely on a V2 being a V2 as nobody can really say much about the fixes.
So if I complain about my one being a dud,I only have myself to blame.
Regards Jason
Hi Jason,

Is yours on the way? Where from - CJ?
Nathan
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:04 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimd View Post
Hi Jason,

Is yours on the way? Where from - CJ?
Nathan
Hi Nathan,
I decided to use up a couple of gift certificates that Miracle mart had sent me.
So I guess it should be here any day now.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Nov 21, 2010, 03:10 AM
I crash therefore I am
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
Hi Nathan,
I decided to use up a couple of gift certificates that Miracle mart had sent me.
So I guess it should be here any day now.
Regards Jason
You gave me an idea. I just checked and I had $28 worth of gift certificates and discount coupons with MM too so a V100D01 is on the way for me for Christmas! Thanks Jason!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 03:14 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimd View Post
You gave me an idea. I just checked and I had $28 worth of gift certificates and discount coupons with MM too so a V100D01 is on the way for me for Christmas! Thanks Jason!
You are welcome,
Iam assuming that the V100 will still have the throttle delay,so the discount will help to soften the blow if I need to buy a new RX.
Regards Jason
Old Nov 21, 2010, 03:16 AM
I crash therefore I am
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
You are welcome,
Iam assuming that the V100 will still have the throttle delay,so the discount will help to soften the blow if I need to buy a new RX.
Regards Jason
That's my mindset too!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:01 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
I think you'll like the V100. You'll see some familiar parts in it. B frame and lower swash, CB100 upper swash. The tail motor mount is a little excessive. You can put a 2.9 on Jason's mount and still come out lighter ....but, I still think the S moth is better [more durable]. Stability can be adjusted to your likes. My V100 was too tame for me from the box. But then, I seem to say that about all of them. I like my cyclic touchy.
Haven't done any flying for several days, maybe it just seems that way...my charger was busy with a couple of dead flat car batts. At 1.5A/hr it takes a while.
I gotta put a V120 head and swash on the S moth. The deal at CJ for the 4#6 + V120-1 conversion goodies might be the ticket. Like I need another 2428rx and stock esc/motors. But a FBL SD/VP tail 100 size would be cool.
For that matter a 4g6S moth could make an interesting flier. These 3 axis rx's might make the 100 size CP a real possibility. I know some of the guys have done it...were the products of their efforts capable? Anyone tried for the V120-2 moth yet? I have been considering one. Are the FBL CP's significantly simpler, mechanically, to set up?

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:47 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,643 Posts
Hi all,

I've been away for a little while.

I had some time yesterday and today to work on my light-kits...it's good to work on my hobbies for a change.

Here's my latest version built for the JT100 frame with 6 lights: 2 green (starboard), 2 red (port), 1 blue (tail), 1 white (anti-rotation bracket) and wires for a searchlight...it weighs about 1.2 grams.

I have a higher resolution scale on the way so I'll be able to post more accurate weights soon.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Last edited by 1Hammer; Nov 23, 2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:31 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Like you said earlier, John...the heaviest part of your light kit is the wire. Very cool!

I got Nate's moth done today. It's a slightly stretched version, so he can use Flash's B2 blades. I didn't go too extreme with the weight reductions...64.5 gm AUW w/20c400 CJ batt. I will ship it tomorrow. I'll be curious with his impression.
Who's next?

regards,
Bill
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:42 PM
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,643 Posts
Hi Bill,

The light kit to test for your moth, is in the works.

Regards,
John
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:13 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,

That's cool John. No rush. as you're able

When I was testing Nate's moth yesterday, I made a noobish mistake that kept me busy for a few minuets. When I got the heli into the air, it would shake. Like the aile gain too high. No amount as tweaks to the rx would correct it. Bad rx? Nope....hang on, this is sooooooooo stupid. The swash was very not level on the aile axis and the rx was going crazy trying to correct for it.

regards,
Bill
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:05 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Got a test flight on the 2428 moth...finally. The HP05s is OK. Might be a little weak. A fresh batt will tell.
I haven't put the titanium main in and it goes 57.4 w/20c400 CJ. The reason I haven''t done it is , I'll have to cut a new set of links because it's a touch shorter than the stock shaft.
Flies nice with the B2's. Not sure of the weight on them. I can tell you, they're light. But, the Q blades are ~2.6gm, A/B's are 2.1gm a pair. I may try running w/o the flybar connectors. The heli is plenty stable with them...It'll take some tinkering to get what I want.

regards,
Bill
Old Nov 25, 2010, 02:15 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Hi Guys,
Iam taking the night off from doing anything work related for a change.
Still way behind on everything,but I should catch up soon.
My V100D01 arrived a few days ago and although I love to complain,I just can't complain about it.
There seams to be a very very slight throttle kill delay which I only notice when I crash,but the blades stop by the time it hits the ground the second time.
Maybe it is me having learned to just kill the throttle at the first sign of trouble on the 4#3B,or maybe I got a good one. Anyhoo,I like it.
John, I received the light set today.
Very nice indeed. I don't know how you did such a neat job,but they look great.
I will try to start a frame setup for them in the next few days.
Regards Jason
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:48 PM
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,643 Posts
Hi all,

Bill,
I'm waiting on some lighter wire for your moth light kit, should be here next week...don't want to put any undue weight on that little beauty.

Jason,
Glad it arrived safely. Yours is the first "official" kit I made so it is a bit heavy. I'm now using smaller gauge wire and the kit is much lighter, without sacrificing durability...I HOPE.

I was able to finish the light kit for my JT100 so I'll hopefully be able to make a little installation video this weekend.

Regards,
John
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:13 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Happy thanksgiving [to those who celebrate it today].

I did the turkey and stuffing, pumpkin pie...
When it came time to carve the bird, I more needed a spoon than a knife. It more of less fell apart.

John,
You gonna use the red wire? I think it's 0.2mm? The green is 0.4mm? I use the 0.2 mm. It works good as long as it's not subject to repeated bending.

regards,
Bill
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:33 PM
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,
Happy thanksgiving [to those who celebrate it today].

I did the turkey and stuffing, pumpkin pie...
When it came time to carve the bird, I more needed a spoon than a knife. It more of less fell apart.

John,
You gonna use the red wire? I think it's 0.2mm? The green is 0.4mm? I use the 0.2 mm. It works good as long as it's not subject to repeated bending.

regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
Sounds like you had a good turkey day.

Actually, the color of magnet wire has nothing to do with the size, all sizes come in red, green and clear, maybe more. I'm going to use 30 gauge (0.254 mm) red & green on the final kits...should make my goal of a 6 light kit at 1 gram or less.

As soon as I get my wire shipment I'll make up the set for your moth.

Regards,
John