HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2010, 07:48 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
angering teenagers is NEVER a good thing. Too much much given to "OH YEAH, watch this!!" attitude. I know. I was one of them. I tell the "kids" they can party at the park. I go to bed early, so try to keep the noise down. And if it starts looking like someone is going to get hurt...I will intervene.
only twice...a kid was spinning "donuts" in proximity to a 300 gal propane tank. I really didn't care, except that tank isn't 25m from my house
and another time because a girl was screaming. turned out to be nothing. literally no reason beyond "Because".

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2010, 08:23 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Gonna try my hand at cutting some parts today. A set of l/g for the 4#6 and that tail motor mount/clamp. Had a bad experience with the V100 yesterday.....resulting in a need to rewind a 2.9 and fix a frame broken at the boom mount. And it was flying so good.
I'm considering moving the gear onto a mothed 4#6 or 4g3 frame. I like the boom mount on the 4/6 series frame. And I happen to have a lightened frame ready-made just laying here. Seems very sturdy to me. I haven't broken a boom or mount on any of my 4#6's. Can't say that for the 4#3 frames.

regards,
Bill
Old Nov 07, 2010, 05:18 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
I can't believe it....Sarah Palin [ex Gov of Alaska, VP candidate] has a TV show on the discovery channel.....I'd much rather see a hunting show featuring Dick Cheney behind the trigger. He shot one of his Washington[D.C.] hunting buddies, last outing we were told of.

Yesterday we had the "All Soul's Day" celebration. A sort of Halloween/Memorial Day. Folklorico dancers, "street food"...burritos [BBQ beef-beans-homemade salsa for $3, two hands full. I'm sure someone knows the exact reason for the observation.

regards,
Bill

Something happened to the S moth. The ele servo went bad, moving randomly until it crashed hard and broke the frame. So, I've ordered a frame and some l/g from ClubHeli. What is wrong with the servo bothers me...if it's the servo, I can handle that. I hope it's not the rx or more specifically, my mods, that caused the malfunction. Now the servo doesn't do anything. No twitch or anything.

Hey Jason,
How you doing with the V120-2. I'm thinking of one. Mechanical set up pretty easy? A moth would be cool, a 100 size CP FBL with SD/VP tail. 3D capable... probably not w/o some help from Amp.

This could get a little on the the pricey side. It's gonna need some quality components to handle and generate the HS. Primarily the head and drive system in general.
Last edited by Air Vaca; Nov 07, 2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2010, 01:43 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,
I can't believe it....Sarah Palin [ex Gov of Alaska, VP candidate] has a TV show on the discovery channel.....I'd much rather see a hunting show featuring Dick Cheney behind the trigger. He shot one of his Washington[D.C.] hunting buddies, last outing we were told of.

Yesterday we had the "All Soul's Day" celebration. A sort of Halloween/Memorial Day. Folklorico dancers, "street food"...burritos [BBQ beef-beans-homemade salsa for $3, two hands full. I'm sure someone knows the exact reason for the observation.

regards,
Bill

Something happened to the S moth. The ele servo went bad, moving randomly until it crashed hard and broke the frame. So, I've ordered a frame and some l/g from ClubHeli. What is wrong with the servo bothers me...if it's the servo, I can handle that. I hope it's not the rx or more specifically, my mods, that caused the malfunction. Now the servo doesn't do anything. No twitch or anything.

Hey Jason,
How you doing with the V120-2. I'm thinking of one. Mechanical set up pretty easy? A moth would be cool, a 100 size CP FBL with SD/VP tail. 3D capable... probably not w/o some help from Amp.

This could get a little on the the pricey side. It's gonna need some quality components to handle and generate the HS. Primarily the head and drive system in general.
Hi Bill,
I think I heard something about Dick Cheney shooting someone in the face,But I don't know if it was true,or not. I think it was on "The Family Guy"
Yes it was on the family guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPsqL81Etxg
So if it was on the family guy,It must be true.
I am really starting to like my V120D02, But havent had too much time to fly it lately. The only thing I don't love about it is the sudden lift and drop in a breeze. It gets a little scary and I need to react fast,But on a still day,It is awesome.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Nov 08, 2010, 06:46 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Like I can afford another.....I put a bid on a 4#6S. I may have an S moth for sale soon. Anyone interested?

regards,
Bill

I'll find out in a day or two if Nate is the lucky owner of a moth. I gave a low ball bid...the owner wanted to see if a higher bid comes and I'm OK with that.
Last edited by Air Vaca; Nov 08, 2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:03 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Nate-
start deciding how you want your moth....I should be able to start on it this week. I figure I'll get it Friday.

Did a little troubleshooting on my S moth. One of those pins I soldered to on the rx [the ones that Amp warned me about not being too flexible] broke, disabling the servo...WHEW! something I can fix w/o it costing me for parts. That's unusual.

regards,
Bill
Old Nov 08, 2010, 05:28 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,664 Posts
Hi all,

Had some time over the weekend to work on my light kit. I was able to do a preliminary mockup testing the capacity of my 30mAh Low Drop Constant Current Driver (LDCCD).

Here are the results:

The driver will easily drive 8 LED's, although the weight is really determined by how much wire is used in a particular kit, the actual components weigh next to nothing.

My first mockup.

This is the latest version of my LDCCD with a single negative output for all LED's and two positive outputs, one for green white & blue and one for red LED's. The current driver alone without the long input leads weighs about 0.4 grams.

I'm pretty encouraged by these results.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Nov 08, 2010, 05:37 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Looks nice John! Pretty cool incorporating the step down for the red. saves extra work on the LED leads.

regards,
Bill
Old Nov 08, 2010, 06:37 PM
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Looks nice John! Pretty cool incorporating the step down for the red. saves extra work on the LED leads.

regards,
Bill
Thanks Bill,

That's what I intended by design, it also helps me remember which positive lead has the resistor for the red LED's.

Small resistor for red LED's.

Regards,
John
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:13 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Been dreaming up a frame for a 4#6. Was thinking about something like the UFLY frame. Two vertical parallel plates with all the bearing blocks [mainshaft and tail drive, boom mount] sandwiched between with a horizontal plate for rx, motor and ele servo on the front.

comments?

Been battening down for a change in the weather. Supposed to be 35`F [I wish C] tomorrow morning in Nogales and it's 5` colder here. Dragging my houseplants in. Lemon tree, grapefruit, orange, kumquat, banana, plumeria,.....getting crowded in here. A couple of them are in 15gal pots. It was about as warm as it was gonna get when I got up this morning. I hate days like that. Start out with promise, then fizzle entirely.
I don't have to wonder if the wife will ask me if I'm gonna build a fire....undoubtedly, but she won't be here to appreciate it. She's at Grandma's in Illinois.

regards,
Bill
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:18 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,
Been dreaming up a frame for a 4#6. Was thinking about something like the UFLY frame. Two vertical parallel plates with all the bearing blocks [mainshaft and tail drive, boom mount] sandwiched between with a horizontal plate for rx, motor and ele servo on the front.

comments?

Been battening down for a change in the weather. Supposed to be 35`F [I wish C] tomorrow morning in Nogales and it's 5` colder here. Dragging my houseplants in. Lemon tree, grapefruit, orange, kumquat, banana, plumeria,.....getting crowded in here. A couple of them are in 15gal pots. It was about as warm as it was gonna get when I got up this morning. I hate days like that. Start out with promise, then fizzle entirely.
I don't have to wonder if the wife will ask me if I'm gonna build a fire....undoubtedly, but she won't be here to appreciate it. She's at Grandma's in Illinois.

regards,
Bill
Hi Guys,
Bill,I like the idea for the new frame. Let me know if I can help you by cutting any prototype sections for you. You would just need to get the designs to CAD for me and the rest is easy when I get some spare time.
Work has gone through a few changes recently.Some changes are good,Some will take getting used too and others are causing kaos.I have been home from work for an hour and taken 6 work related phone calls already,so Iam sure it will be a busy night.
It is sounding as though it is cold there now Bill.
We have had a nice warm day here and a storm this afternoon.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:08 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi Jason,
"on Call"...you getting paid by the call + hourly, I hope.
When my brother-in-law was going through his internship [Dr.], due to many calls in the middle of the night, my sister had to take several telephone for repair/exchange with "It broke" as the only explanation as to what happened to it.

I've got to go into"town" today. I will see if I can find some material to cut some test patterns for the 4#6 frame. I'm pondering affixing the motor/rx/servo plate. the rest is pretty straight forward.

regards,
Bill

someone may be getting some paper patterns and little blocks of wood, with some holes in them, to translate into CAD. I haven't tried to learn it. I'm still pretty intimidated by computers.

Sittin' in front of the fire, my fingers are feeling nimble...Took on winding the HP03. Getting those turns neat gets hard on the third wire. But, success. Now I can rest knowing I've done something constructive today.
Last edited by Air Vaca; Nov 10, 2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:11 PM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Ampdraw take a look

talk about price drop

GAUI
EatAtJoes is offline Find More Posts by EatAtJoes
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:41 PM
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,664 Posts
Hi all,

Finally had a little time to finish my first "official" light kit.

This is built for a JT100 frame with 5 lights: 2 red for the port struts, 2 green or the starboard struts & 1 blue for the top of the tail fin. I haven't weighed it, I;ll post that soon.

This kit is off to Jason for testing.

Regards,
John
Old Nov 11, 2010, 04:28 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
That's incredible. The power leads are bigger than the driver.

If Walkera keeps messing around with their motor tail 3 axis rx's, I might try mothing a V120-1 and offer it.

I'm glad I busted a hump getting everything ready for a freeze. The garden, what survived the cows, is now all brown and/or looking like overcooked spinach, except the cilantro [coriander] that has already volunteered.

Been talking to my mate in D.C.. He's a pinsetter mechanic [head mechanic] and has been off work for a while with a ripped up knee. Anyway, he was telling me the "boys" managed to break a cam on a machine . We're still trying to figure that one out. He told them this machine will be running when he gets back to work or they will be looking for employment elsewhere. Now it gets good. Rather than replacing the broken cam, which will require a fairly major surgery....they are going to try to J-B Weld the broken pieces of the cam to the shaft And then they have to find the cause for the cam getting broken in the first place this is sounding like a comedy of errors.

regards,
Bill
Last edited by Air Vaca; Nov 11, 2010 at 05:17 AM.