HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2008, 03:58 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
mk,
Made 3mm cf boom last night to fit std V1. Cut the boom to length, put one end in cordless with piece of heatshrink to prevent damage and pinched other end in wet n dry between fingers. Checked a couple of times with verniers, rotate, repeat and whammo new boom 15mins. Boom is stiffer both directions and torsional strength also far better.and even at 2.6mm ends wall is still thicker than original. I know cause couldn't get magnet wire except for in 30m rolls so used original and far harder to get through (had to push 2mm at a time with pliers). But all good
Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2008, 04:09 AM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
I found the reason I keep stripping the blade screws without the blades being tight is because on mine,Both top and bottom of the blade holder are threaded.So that means that the blade holders cant squeeze together unless the top bladeholder loses its thread,but the screws eat their heads first,So I just got a 1mm drill and drilled the upper blade holder screw hole out.
Now I can tighten the blades properly.
Jason
Jason,
Read MIA frames guy mario made a small shim out of decal material to allow blade holders to grip well without making them out of parrallel. Top threaded as well would make it impossible to change grip pinch distance on blades so drilling out top would have worked. May start to wear over time leading to imbalance..pedantic I know.. It may be poss to pinch grips between fingers before screw reaches bottom thread and set desired tension that way. Initially I will try that or shim. Thanks for tip.. seems be careful with blade screws is the key
Amp
Jason[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 06, 2008, 08:14 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
I finally got the old 4#3 v1 all trimmed nice with the metal upgrade.It is almost as stable as the B.
The tail doesn't drift on the v1 as much as the B does.
If I punch the throttle,the tail kicks out,but hey the brushless has some power.
I just ordered a pair of 4#3B servos and a 4#3B receiver and a couple of spare motors too from Terence.
When they get here I will fit them to the v1 because the glitches are scary when I fly near the battery charger.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Jun 06, 2008, 08:16 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
I finally got the old 4#3 v1 all trimmed nice with the metal upgrade.It is almost as stable as the B.
The tail doesn't drift on the v1 as much as the B does.
If I punch the throttle,the tail kicks out,but hey the brushless has some power.
I just ordered a pair of 4#3B servos and a 4#3B receiver and a couple of spare motors too from Terence.
When they get here I will fit them to the v1 because the glitches are scary when I fly near the battery charger.
Regards Jason
Jason,
Tail drifts more on 2.4ghz receiver? bummer. Heard about your charger issue. With an old receiver I had (now in heaven) I had glitch issues even with arial hanging from heli. Tried replacing the arial with qual wire with solder joint an inch or so from rec. Glitches got worse. So I thought what the hell try with arial at an inch and no glitches till 15 feet or so. Doesn't make sense so put arial back on and glitches back. Ended up with inch long arial for about 50 flights no probs till motor wires shorted and puff ...to heaven. Maybe try as you can always solder arial back on.
Amp
Old Jun 06, 2008, 08:44 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
I think mine is one of the only B's that has the tail drift issue.
I simply just reset the heli and it is then good for the rest of the pack.
The old one glitches when I fly near my mobile charger or any wall charger.
Also if I point the heli in one corner of the living room.
It is easy to just unplug the things that set it off and then it is fine,but I want it to fly just as good as the B.
Jason
Old Jun 06, 2008, 09:07 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
I think mine is one of the only B's that has the tail drift issue.
I simply just reset the heli and it is then good for the rest of the pack.
The old one glitches when I fly near my mobile charger or any wall charger.
Also if I point the heli in one corner of the living room.
It is easy to just unplug the things that set it off and then it is fine,but I want it to fly just as good as the B.
Jason
Jason,
Good luck. I don't know if it will be possible unless you put all B parts on. Servos on B are far better from what I have heard and they don't fit. Can't be that hard to drill new location holes in V1 frame (only foreseeable problem with fitment). Think mk has done close at least most parts cause he likes he gearing better or poss put V1gear on B but that is more difficult option apparently.
Amp
Old Jun 06, 2008, 11:45 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
Jason,
Good luck. I don't know if it will be possible unless you put all B parts on. Servos on B are far better from what I have heard and they don't fit. Can't be that hard to drill new location holes in V1 frame (only foreseeable problem with fitment). Think mk has done close at least most parts cause he likes he gearing better or poss put V1gear on B but that is more difficult option apparently.
Amp
just got my heads in so will be fitting all v2 parts on a mia g10 frame

since I have one of the first mia frames-is a little narrow for v2 servos
it hassince been fixed to accept either servo

since I resoldered my motor wires-I can not complain about power now
maybe it is loosening up gearing too, dunno- but has better climbout now than my v1 bl--totally stock

dont think there is room in v1 frame for v2 servos-but no v1 frame to compare it to

worth getting v2 frame just to use much nicer servos!

btw-with new orings in-is SO much better!(remember 300 flights or so!)- my buddy tried it today and freaked how solid it feels compared to yesterday!

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Jun 07, 2008, 10:20 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Iam not sure about the servos.I think the one on the right will fit,but the one on the left will be touch and go.
Iam going to the hobby shop tomorrow to look for some 2.5mm carbon tube.
My antenna boom I fitted to my old one is good.I only need to trim one or 2 clicks the whole flight,But it keeps twisting in the holder even with the screw tight.
I want to try a longer boom on my new girlfriend Ooops!! I meant to say 4#3B.
The gyro drift is annoying now.
Does anybody know where to buy some carbon fibre sheet .5mm or 1mm?
jason
Old Jun 07, 2008, 09:23 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Iam not sure about the servos.I think the one on the right will fit,but the one on the left will be touch and go.
Iam going to the hobby shop tomorrow to look for some 2.5mm carbon tube.
My antenna boom I fitted to my old one is good.I only need to trim one or 2 clicks the whole flight,But it keeps twisting in the holder even with the screw tight.
I want to try a longer boom on my new girlfriend Ooops!! I meant to say 4#3B.
The gyro drift is annoying now.
Does anybody know where to buy some carbon fibre sheet .5mm or 1mm?
jason
Hi Jason
Let me know how you went finding 2.5cf tube at LHS. Mine looked in his catalogue and only can get 3mm as smallest dia hollow. Works well though after sanding down. I made my boom 6mm longer and it holds a little better. Wish tail motor was stronger for faster clockwise pirrouettes. Not much room for B aeliron servo on V1.
Amp
Old Jun 07, 2008, 11:01 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Ampdraw,
I just called into a hobby shop and couldn't find any 2.5mm carbon tube,so I got some 3.5mm tube,but I just got home and the I.D. is about 2.3mm. The standard boom squeezes in there.I will just hang onto it for boom patch ups.
I got a length of aluminium tube that is the the correct O.D.
I fitted the aluminium boom and made it a little longer to help with my tail drift problem.
See the picture attached.
Something tells me it might be a little long though.
Jason

P.S. Iam joking about the boom length. Iam going to cut it in half...Hehe
Old Jun 08, 2008, 12:29 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
small diameter cf-

kite shops of course!

mk
Old Jun 08, 2008, 12:36 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Hi Ampdraw,
I just called into a hobby shop and couldn't find any 2.5mm carbon tube,so I got some 3.5mm tube,but I just got home and the I.D. is about 2.3mm. The standard boom squeezes in there.I will just hang onto it for boom patch ups.
I got a length of aluminium tube that is the the correct O.D.
I fitted the aluminium boom and made it a little longer to help with my tail drift problem.
See the picture attached.
Something tells me it might be a little long though.
Jason

P.S. Iam joking about the boom length. Iam going to cut it in half...Hehe
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it! couldnt stop cracking up!

IT IS NOW MY DESKTOP PIX!

oops capslock

thanx jason!

needed that! just went to fly after a hellish day- didnt do more than a cursory check of heli-went to hover-heli literaly jumped directly into 4ft pond 10ft away(canopy was cracked-didnt notice-got caught in swash)

was thrashing around in water for a good 5-6 seconds

opened up the 4in1 blew it dry-soaked in alcohal for a minute and blew dry

hoping it is ok

think servos are ok? seem pretty tight- and dont think water could have got in them that fast-want do you guys think?

mk
Old Jun 08, 2008, 12:52 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
I have a can of CRC 2-26 here.
It says in the instructions.
For electrical equipmentwhich has been submergedin water,spray liberallyon every surface.Allow 2-24 hours to displace the water.
Iam not sure if it is just a fancy WD-40,but it says on the label that it improves electrical properties and lubricates.
Maybe it would be a good idea to spray something in there to protect it all from corrosion.
Jason.
Old Jun 08, 2008, 01:03 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
I think the boom was just a little long,so I made it about 20mm longer than standard.
Now the tail is wagging like a dog.I wish there was a way to adjust the gyro on this.
I thought it might have been harmonic resonance traveling down the aluminium boom causing the gyro to to go stupid.
Then I stretched a rubber band from 3/4 back on the boom to the front of the landing gear.
Still the same though.
Anyhow........Who cares,I have a 4#3B now,So I will fly that one instead. Hehehe
Is it possible to put another gyro on these?
Jason
Old Jun 08, 2008, 01:12 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
I think the boom was just a little long,so I made it about 20mm longer than standard.
Now the tail is wagging like a dog.I wish there was a way to adjust the gyro on this.
I thought it might have been harmonic resonance traveling down the aluminium boom causing the gyro to to go stupid.
Then I stretched a rubber band from 3/4 back on the boom to the front of the landing gear.
Still the same though.
Anyhow........Who cares,I have a 4#3B now,So I will fly that one instead. Hehehe
Is it possible to put another gyro on these?
Jason
only if you want to go full seperates I think

mk