HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2010, 08:57 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi Nathan,
This 4#6 set up I'm flying, is a parlor pilot's dream. I can't wait for my 4#3 to get in the air, I need a shot of reality. I'm flying this 4#6 around like the ufo.
I prefer to use metric, much easier.
They signed Interstate 19, here, in metric. well almost...the first sign you see after the "THIS HIGHWAY SIGNED IN METRIC" sign was a speed limit of 55. True.

For my wife's birthday, I got her tickets to "Star Wars in Concert". Full orchestra and choir, big screen Hi Def screen the width of the stage and to the ceiling. I was tempted to take my x-wings to it. Bet I coulda sold 'em at a decent mark up,,,,considering $30 for a program. I think I've figured how Walkera got around the copyright.....the Lucasfilm x-wing has red in the nacelles and Walkera put blue there. Splitting hairs, sometimes that's all it takes.

regards,
Bill

I'm wondering if I've just become the unwitting subject of a subliminal message experiment...during this last commercial break, the network shot several [because I couldn't count that fast] at about 10X normal speed.

I'd be guessing, but, I think the mSR tail motor will be too small for the 4#3
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Last edited by Air Vaca; May 30, 2010 at 09:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2010, 10:30 PM
Joined Dec 2009
2,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi Nathan,
This 4#6 set up I'm flying, is a parlor pilot's dream. I can't wait for my 4#3 to get in the air, I need a shot of reality. I'm flying this 4#6 around like the ufo.
They signed Interstate 19, here, in metric. well almost...the first sign you see after the "THIS HIGHWAY SIGNED IN METRIC" sign was a speed limit of 55. True.

For my wife's birthday, I got her tickets to "Star Wars in Concert". Full orchestra and choir, big screen Hi Def screen the width of the stage and to the ceiling. I was tempted to take my x-wings to it. Bet I coulda sold 'em at a decent mark up,,,,considering $30 for a program. I think I've figured how Walkera got around the copyright.....the Lucasfilm x-wing has red in the nacelles and Walkera put blue there. Splitting hairs, sometimes that's all it takes.

regards,
Bill

I'm wondering if I've just become the unwitting subject of a subliminal message experiment...during this last commercial break, the network shot several [because I couldn't count that fast] at about 10X normal speed.

Bill, did you get my email about pinions. Your22t and 23t are on their way.
NaterPin is online now Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old May 30, 2010, 11:14 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Cool.
thanks. let me know what I owe you.

regards,
Bill
Old May 31, 2010, 02:53 AM
I crash therefore I am
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
Hi Nathan,

regards,
Bill

Star Wars in concert sounds awesome. Are you sure it was for your wife's benefit?

About the xwings, they are out of stock on ehirobo and I've never seen them anywhere else so they could well become a collectable! They are not on Walkera's web site either. Not that that means much, the UFO isn't either and other things are there that don't exist outside of a Walkera marketing department.

Also to Helistyle, I'm pretty sure the MSR tail motor will be WAY underpowered for the 4#3B. The walkera is just so much heavier (x2) and therefore lots more power (and so torque) and so antitorque required.

Vimd
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
Old May 31, 2010, 03:37 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStyle View Post
hey guys my tail motor just bit the dust on my walkera 4#3b, and my hobbyshop only carries E-flite msr tail motors, I was curious if anyone has tried one on a walkera 4#3b before or if it will even work?
Hi Helistyle,
Iam not sure what country you are in,but Brett is closing his shop and he has the tail motors here very cheap. It might pay to buy as many as you can afford at this price.
http://www.eastcoasthobbies.com.au/i...roducts_id=160
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old May 31, 2010, 01:32 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
I guess I'm gonna try the "Flyswatter" flybar ring and links today. One of the balls broke from my 4#6 upper swash plate. And it WAS flying soooo nice. Mangled most of the links at the same time CHIT! spectra fishing line instead of thread to retain the links next time. It was sending me messages to replace the linkages, when I had to replace the worn flybar to mixer links 2 days ago.

regards,
Bill
Old May 31, 2010, 03:16 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,669 Posts
Hi all,

Just finished the JT100 build and I'm very pleased with the finished product.

Just doing some final rim and adjustment, this is my first TechHead. Hope to be able to post some flying video soon.

Jason and Tattooface have outdone themselves with the JT100 Frame.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old May 31, 2010, 04:51 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Looks sweet, John.
Do tie the upper swash links, Just make a round with some stout thread tying an overhand knot on each link. that'll keep them from launching into the 4th dimension.
the cb100/4#3 TH's should be pretty easy to set up....only 1 adjustable link per side.

I got the "Flyswatter" ring and links on and working. It needs a little tweaking. I need to shorten the ring to blade grip links.....when I say shorten the links, I mean needing to remove less than a mm, but it will have to be plastic as the ball end is in as far as it will...
It may be a touch faster than the 4 link from swash set up. I think it's prettier w/o all those links cluttering the view and it's all black and polished alu. This arrangement allows for "A" blade grips. I'm sure it weighs less....maybe 0.3gm. Two less links, no mixer and plastic grips?

looking forward to your flight report, John.

regards,
Bill
Old May 31, 2010, 07:57 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Looks sweet, John.
Do tie the upper swash links, Just make a round with some stout thread tying an overhand knot on each link. that'll keep them from launching into the 4th dimension.
the cb100/4#3 TH's should be pretty easy to set up....only 1 adjustable link per side.

looking forward to your flight report, John.

regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,

Yeah, I've just about got it dialed in to my flight abilities...this little helicopter is VERY SWEET!!!

I'll probably be able to get some video in the next day or two, this coming week is going to be very busy.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Jun 01, 2010, 05:11 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Hi all,

Just finished the JT100 build and I'm very pleased with the finished product.

Just doing some final rim and adjustment, this is my first TechHead. Hope to be able to post some flying video soon.

Jason and Tattooface have outdone themselves with the JT100 Frame.

Regards,
John
Hi Guys,
That looks great John.
Very neat indeed. I might put myself on the list to get one of these.
Looking forward to reading how she flies.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Jun 01, 2010, 12:46 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Just out of curiosity....how much is the cb100 swash off 90`. The servos aren't quite opposite each other. Is the elevator servo on the left or right?

I envy John getting to fly his JT100. I had to be a trouble maker and need a couple of changes to make it work for the 90` swash/4#3a/b.

regards,
Bill
Old Jun 01, 2010, 10:16 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,

here the 4#6 TH w/flyswatter ring and links. Still a little fine tuning to the ring to blade grips links. They need to be longer than I thought. Got it flying pretty nice.

regards,
Bill
Old Jun 01, 2010, 11:18 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
heres one for Jason-

a 5 axis mill- carves a helmet out of single block of alu!

5Axis Machine Cutting HELMET / DAISHIN SEIKI CORPORATION (2 min 32 sec)

I want!

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Jun 02, 2010, 03:46 AM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Thats wicked!

I have always liked the Tricept machines.
Tricept T805 Parallel Kinematic Machine (1 min 54 sec)
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Jun 02, 2010, 03:51 AM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Or Scaled Composites huge 5 axis machine http://metacool.typepad.com/photos/u...rized/cms5.JPG
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad