SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2008, 09:10 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
These guys have the cheapest price for the heli that I have seen,but high freight costs. http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...7e39146fba2ed9
I used their currency converter and it was outdated.
If I bought one using what they told me the exchange rate is.I would have paid about $38.00AUD too much.
There is John who Iam sure you know and trust and he is a supporter of the 4#3B group http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/store52/agora.cgi I don't think John is shipping international yet.You can ask him though.
There is http://www.rotorfever.com/index.php?...d&productId=86
I really like the simplicity of just paying a set price from Tterence for heli,freight and insurance.
It might make me sound a little dumb,but when I hear a price that is delivered to my door and the item is insured. It sends me a subliminal message saying this is a good thing.
I then know there is no fine print I will fail to read and I will be happy even if it is a little more expensive.
I hope this helps
Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2008, 09:55 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
I recieved my 4-3b v2 order from walkera onthe 26th and opened one up and flew it. Perfect! the production models are super nice flyers.
-johnw
Mine flew perfect out of the box,
I was concerned about the amount of movement from the dampers,but it seams ok.
I might need to change my name to "sex fingers" though.
Everything I touch,I break.
First I noticed the blades were way too loose,so I tightened them and one is good ,but ruined the head on the other screw.
I used a great product called Re-Grip made by Recoil to allow the screwdriver to grip the screw to remove it.I cant find the product online anymore,But it is what appears to be case hardening pieces like grinding sparks in size.The small pieces are susspended in a liquid and one drop on the screwdriver tip is all it needs. The metal grindings in this stuff bite into the damaged screw(Philips head) and also into the screwdriver to give enough grip to twist the heads off screws.
If you can find the stuff,Buy some,It will get you out of trouble when you have lost all hope.
Anyway I just got side tracked didn't I?
Then I didn't have another screw that size,so I just swapped the damaged head one with the one that holds the button onto the top.Problem #1 fixed.
I thought I'd take a little slop out of the swash even though it flies perfect anyway.
I broke one side of the slot in the screw at the antirotation plate thingybob.
Doh! Forget that.I thought then that it is best I don't rip the main gear and all off to fit springs above and bellow the swash because it is new.
So I still had lots of slop in the swash and I decided to just Superglue the swash ball to the main shaft. DOH!!! DOH!!! DOH!!!
Anyway,Then once I noticed I made it fly like a 4#3B with a glued swash plate.It was bad.Really bad.
I tore the whole thing appart and managed to break the superglue and clean it all out of there.
Then I fitted the cigarette lighter springs above and below the swash.
I then thought what the hell and fitted a heatsink to the main motor.
Then with a test flight it flew so nice and smooth with a full battery and after 30 seconds I found I had full throttle at 4 inches off the ground.
DOH!!! 22 hours old and the main motor died already I thought.
But I gave the main gear and pinion more freeplay and now flight times are back up.
I also gave the motor a spray with contact cleaner in side.

Please people be warned...These helis will be a love hate relationship.
Think before you put a screw driver to it ,or any tool actually.
Parts are small and easy to break and lose.
Buy a screw set with your first parts order.
Now it is back flying how it did when it was brand new 24 hours ago.hehehe
I cant believe how stable she is.I can even fly her down the hall and aroud the corner into a bedroom and then back it all the way back out again until I tripped over a shoe and sat the heli down fast. DOH!!!!
I tried to fly my 4#3 down the hall and had to just line it up and drag race it down the hall.
Now I have control.
Jason
Old May 30, 2008, 10:21 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
Mine flew perfect out of the box,
I was concerned about the amount of movement from the dampers,but it seams ok.
I might need to change my name to "sex fingers" though.
Everything I touch,I break.
First I noticed the blades were way too loose,so I tightened them and one is good ,but ruined the head on the other screw.

Then I didn't have another screw that size,so I just swapped the damaged head one with the one that holds the button onto the top.Problem #1 fixed.
I thought I'd take a little slop out of the swash even though it flies perfect anyway.
I broke one side of the slot in the screw at the antirotation plate thingybob.
Doh! Forget that.I thought then that it is best I don't rip the main gear and all off to fit springs above and bellow the swash because it is new.
So I still had lots of slop in the swash and I decided to just Superglue the swash ball to the main shaft. DOH!!! DOH!!! DOH!!!
Anyway,Then once I noticed I made it fly like a 4#3B with a glued swash plate.It was bad.Really bad.
I tore the whole thing appart and managed to break the superglue and clean it all out of there.
Then I fitted the cigarette lighter springs above and below the swash.
I then thought what the hell and fitted a heatsink to the main motor.
Then with a test flight it flew so nice and smooth with a full battery and after 30 seconds I found I had full throttle at 4 inches off the ground.
DOH!!! 22 hours old and the main motor died already I thought.
But I gave the main gear and pinion more freeplay and now flight times are back up.
I also gave the motor a spray with contact cleaner in side.

Please people be warned...These helis will be a love hate relationship.
Think before you put a screw driver to it ,or any tool actually.
Parts are small and easy to break and lose.
Buy a screw set with your first parts order.
Now it is back flying how it did when it was brand new 24 hours ago.hehehe
I cant believe how stable she is.I can even fly her down the hall and aroud the corner into a bedroom and then back it all the way back out again until I tripped over a shoe and sat the heli down fast. DOH!!!!
I tried to fly my 4#3 down the hall and had to just line it up and drag race it down the hall.
Now I have control.
Jason
First: thanx for the heatsink! matches the bling on v2! sweet looking

havent tried it yet -but how is fit to m. motor?

screw loss-ouch-but why that is first part I order!

I was too scared for first 100 flights to adjust anything-other than bl for a while

remember for spares-imho-m. and t. motors,screw set,bearing set,blades(unlike v1-v2 blades break),t rotor and gear-just cause you can lose them-same with knighthead and flybar paddles and mounts -you can just throw and lose them -especially outside! flybar would be good too-though havent needed to adjust mine first 200 crashes

but she is a sweet little birdie!

mine isnt in the air until I can figure out the tail problem-think new motor and old 4in1 dont like each other

lol-sounds like you went mod crazy-also the springs probably killed your motor

tiny amount of binding and phhht! bye bye motor-hard to get ension on those right-
also if you put on wrong ,spool-up can actually tighten spring and bind it!
when it is loose-it runs sweet- dampened head makes spring mod redundant in my opinion
I would say -try and bring it back to stock -then try it again

addictive when flying

I was doing jungle recons through my 3ft high lawn

cut paths thru yard for flight paths-fff thru the jungle!

till lady-friend made me mow it all!

mk

ooops-saw you went back to stock already-sorry
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old May 31, 2008, 03:42 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
That's good that you got the heatsink safe and well.
Well you got half the heatsink and I got the other half on mine.
I just dressed a flat edge on it with my mill and cut it in half.Sorry about the scratches on it. It slipped in the vice at the worst point in time.
I have left the springs on the main shaft,but I left them loose.
The main motor losing power problem is good now. Ha tongue twister
When I fitted the heatsink,I must have left the mess a little tight,So I loosened it until it would slip and then nipped it up just a little bit.
I just had around a 10 minute flight for the first time today.I had to drive interstate and back today.But Now I can share some special time with mine.
Do you have any tricks for the rudder trim?
Mine ends up running out of adjustment even when I start at hard left.But right in the last minute of the battery it starts to come back again.
If your lady friend would get on the phone to Walkera and tell them to hurry up with the 4G3,You could go inverted and cut the lawn with the 4G3. Hehehe
Jason
Old May 31, 2008, 07:02 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
That's good that you got the heatsink safe and well.
Well you got half the heatsink and I got the other half on mine.
I just dressed a flat edge on it with my mill and cut it in half.Sorry about the scratches on it. It slipped in the vice at the worst point in time.
I have left the springs on the main shaft,but I left them loose.
The main motor losing power problem is good now. Ha tongue twister
When I fitted the heatsink,I must have left the mess a little tight,So I loosened it until it would slip and then nipped it up just a little bit.
I just had around a 10 minute flight for the first time today.I had to drive interstate and back today.But Now I can share some special time with mine.
Do you have any tricks for the rudder trim?
Mine ends up running out of adjustment even when I start at hard left.But right in the last minute of the battery it starts to come back again.
If your lady friend would get on the phone to Walkera and tell them to hurry up with the 4G3,You could go inverted and cut the lawn with the 4G3. Hehehe
Jason
lol-will get her right on it!

mk
Old May 31, 2008, 12:59 PM
Joined Jul 2005
27 Posts
i bought from ehirobo
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=5874
Good price and fast delivery.
4#3B is much better than 4#3, more stable.
buacc is offline Find More Posts by buacc
Old May 31, 2008, 06:08 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buacc
i bought from ehirobo
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=5874
Good price and fast delivery.
4#3B is much better than 4#3, more stable.
That is good that it all went smooth for you Baucc.
I have personally never dealt with them.I was a bit scared because I heard some negative feedback.
It seams like they might have their act together properly now.In the last week of 2,I havent heard of any recent problems with them.Everyone dealing with them seams to be satisfied.
Where abouts are you Baucc?
Jason
Old May 31, 2008, 06:11 PM
Joined Dec 2007
31 Posts
buacc is employed at ehirobo.
jimmyrte is offline Find More Posts by jimmyrte
Old May 31, 2008, 06:58 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Is he????
Delivery would be very fast then.
Old May 31, 2008, 10:23 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
from what I know-ehirobo is ok for delivery-just dont have a problem!

is almost impossible -from what I have personally experienced and from many others- to get anything corrected-and they arent real concerned from what I have seen,which parts you get-

but other than my personal experience, it is all hearsay

mk
Old May 31, 2008, 11:32 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
That might be the catch MK.
They are happy to take your cash,but as soon as the item is in the post,it is the end of their responsibility.
I hope it isn't like that because word travels fast when news is bad.
It takes a long time to nurture and build a good reputation and only one screw up to get a bad reputation.
Jason
Old May 31, 2008, 11:48 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
That might be the catch MK.
They are happy to take your cash,but as soon as the item is in the post,it is the end of their responsibility.
I hope it isn't like that because word travels fast when news is bad.
It takes a long time to nurture and build a good reputation and only one screw up to get a bad reputation.
Jason
true! and dont base you ordering on my opinion!(not you, Jason)

I dont want to badmouth what might be a good company-

But I like a vendor I can talk and interact with-it is so important on this type of hobby-especially new first run products!

ehirobo doesnt have v2 parts last I checked

hate not having spares!

mk
Old Jun 01, 2008, 02:17 PM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrte
buacc is employed at ehirobo.
nice shot, you definitely right. I just checked his "find all messages from"
no, we can mind what good we could have from that knowledge.
K.
salat is offline Find More Posts by salat
Old Jun 03, 2008, 11:20 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
I'M IN AUSTRALIA BUT 4#3B ISNT;
Hi Australians I'm kinda new here (vocally that is) live in Narrabeen Sydney. Have 4#3 all modded to RCG spec flys well but can't wait till Dec for 4G3 so.... just ordered a B from Ehirobo so see how I go. Ended up $140.00 Aus with a set of blades (only spares they carry). I used paypal and didn't use their conversion rate...thanks for tip Jasonjetski... so paid US dollar but with paypal conv rate. Also Brett from east coast hobbies seems like friendly vendor to deal with (when he gets parts). Airborne Rc are usually quick on uptake suprising though they have metal head conversion but no other parts. RC Hobby will end up stocking I would say but Rossi usually plays it a little safe and susses demand. Good to see some people in Aus on this forum feel a little less isolated!
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jun 04, 2008, 03:42 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Cool Ampdraw,
You will love the 4#3B.
Mine is so stable and I can even fly this around in my living room.
I have never done anything more than hovering before,But now Iam progressing every day.
I bought one of the metal head upgrades for my brushless 4#3 from Airbornerc.
I got it yesterday and the C clips that hold the O rings in are a pain in the bum. I lost one and it is gone now.
I gave it a test but it needs work.It is suffering TBE bad now.
When I get more time I will play and adjust more.
I asked Rossi if he was gunna stock them and he said "No time soon"
It is a shame because Rossi has the fastest postage.
Regards Jason