HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:50 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Iam still keeping my posts short because my laptop is being a laxative.
It is irritating the S%&T out of me.
I have an old 4 in 1 from a Walkera 52 if that is any use for the honeybee.
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:57 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
I just started to have a play with that polymorph stuff and it seams like it might be ok to make some landing gear with for these little buggers.
It seams to be fine for molds and stuff,but I think any kind of machining would be hard because it just goes fury.
Iam off to play with the stuff now.
Jason
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:21 AM
Joined Sep 2007
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
Sweet. I will book mon. There is a boiler there but byo mugs etc. I'm sure Jason will appreciate coffee too. Sis interested in helis hence the Q about 5g6-1. Send me a sms or call prior to newsletter and I'll let you know date of next meet. What did you think of Gaui link?

Amp
The Gaui link was awesome.

Newsletter is due to go out tuesday so will call you tomorrow to see if we can get a date. If not ill put something in there anyway about a date to be confirmed.

Jason got your order. If you need parts and your coming through the city during the day let me know as Im happy for you to pick the parts up, saves you postage.

Try here for the rx for the honeybee --> http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_mod...helicopter.htm

Cheers

Brett
Brettw is offline Find More Posts by Brettw
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:32 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Thanks for that Brett.
I will see where Iam travelling to this week.
There is no urgency for my parts.I already have her up and flying again,but my brushless one has no landing gear.
Regards Jason
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:30 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Fly Meet Fri 8th August 8-10pm

Hi,
I booked the hall again for Friday the 8th of August 8pm. All welcome same deal as last time.

I will sort out Mia parts and let you know Jason. Brett are you going in on Mia parts or are you going to stock at eastcoasthobbies....just so we can work out best course of action for order.

Re 4in1:Thanks for the offer Jason the Honeybee has a gain and extent control so I will try to purchase original. Brett that website doesn't sell rx. Seems pretty hard to find in Aus will keep looking.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:36 AM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
word travels fast when news is bad.
Almost as fast as a credit card charge back!
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:09 AM
Joined Sep 2007
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw

Re 4in1:Thanks for the offer Jason the Honeybee has a gain and extent control so I will try to purchase original. Brett that website doesn't sell rx. Seems pretty hard to find in Aus will keep looking.

Amp
You could try this, its a repair not a new one from a mob in Melbourne.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Repair-Servic...80621095a25873
Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:15 AM
Joined Sep 2007
666 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for that Brett.
I will see where Iam travelling to this week.
There is no urgency for my parts.I already have her up and flying again,but my brushless one has no landing gear.
Regards Jason
Just saw this post now however posted them this morning for you.

Oh well you will be up and running tomorrow...

I have emailed Mario again for shipping costs, what are the main parts that everyone is after and ill see what I can include in the order.

Cheers
Brett
http://www.eastcoasthobbies.com.au
Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:27 AM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettw
Just saw this post now however posted them this morning for you.

Oh well you will be up and running tomorrow...

I have emailed Mario again for shipping costs, what are the main parts that everyone is after and ill see what I can include in the order.

Cheers
Brett
http://www.eastcoasthobbies.com.au
Thanks for that link re rx but its not a fet issue. May have to go and test fly mates heli and have a proper play with it. Was authority issue and initialize issue from memory.

Mia stuff... tuff lg, carbon canopy, swash standoff kit, losi battery connectors, carbon vert stabiliser and Jason was keen on a carbon frame and canopy.

Amp
Old Jul 14, 2008, 04:19 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
I want to get the carbon frame and tuff struts,frame hardware kit,Carbon look canopy
and a new laptop too please.
Oops!, Did I really type that?
Just the heli parts.
Jason
Old Jul 15, 2008, 03:56 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas for a fun obstacle course for the next fly in?
I was thinking about soft drinking straws joined together to make upside down horse shoes and the ends poked into soft wood with a hole in it as supports.
We could easilly adjust the sizes and fly through them.
Any other suggestions that are 4#3 friendly and hall friendly?
Helium filled balloons on string? Would a 4#3 be able to pop a helium balloon and survive?
Jason
Old Jul 15, 2008, 04:23 AM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone have any ideas for a fun obstacle course for the next fly in?
I was thinking about soft drinking straws joined together to make upside down horse shoes and the ends poked into soft wood with a hole in it as supports.
We could easilly adjust the sizes and fly through them.
Any other suggestions that are 4#3 friendly and hall friendly?
Helium filled balloons on string? Would a 4#3 be able to pop a helium balloon and survive?
Jason
Got me thinking. A helium balloon with enough boyancy to lift heli... tied to the skids... invert heli and try and fly back towards the ground. Would make for some interesting flying. Just need a way of getting them down when lipo dies . Or a similar setup with a counter weight. An obstacle course maybe encorporating paper streamers may be the ticket for heli friendly.

Amp
Old Jul 15, 2008, 04:23 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Just tested the arch made from 7 drinking straws.
What a blast!
I gave it a couple of crash tests and the blades will either cut the straws or flick over the straws.
Then I tested flying under it fast,then back up over it,then drop and fly under and so on.
I had fun.I hit the arch a few times,and kept flying.
If you have some straws,give it a try for fun.
Jason
Old Jul 15, 2008, 04:31 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
I think we need Mythbusters on this one.
If the helium is lifting the balloon and the heli too,Will the blade wash hit the balloon and lift the heli further,or being a round balloon,will the blade wash go around the balloon?
Hehe Iam thinking out loud now.
I have seen a contraption to help inverted hovering practice.
It was a string with counterbalance to hold the heli upside down and as the heli lifted,the counterbalance took up the slack in the string so it stayed away from the blades.
Jason
Old Jul 15, 2008, 04:40 AM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
I think we need Mythbusters on this one.
If the helium is lifting the balloon and the heli too,Will the blade wash hit the balloon and lift the heli further,or being a round balloon,will the blade wash go around the balloon?
Hehe Iam thinking out loud now.
I have seen a contraption to help inverted hovering practice.
It was a string with counterbalance to hold the heli upside down and as the heli lifted,the counterbalance took up the slack in the string so it stayed away from the blades.
Jason
Yep I've seen that I think on youtube. Thats the way I'm going to test settings when I have the guts to flip the Gaui. Didn't think about the wash effect on the balloon... gets complicated fast. Seen the mythbusters drive rc cars don't think they would have much luck with helis....maybe the computer tech guy...he has a computer radio and is into robots if my memory serves correctly.I'll keep pondering. Practicing side in hover at the moment with 4#3B and setting up Gaui for idle up.

Amp