HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:06 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
my 2 cents...
IMHO
these older model rx's and esc/converters did best when each component had power straight from the batt.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Mar 2010
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregt@post.pl View Post
@i812
[ugh! my post just got "lost"... oh well...]

Thx for the above. Yes, I got your original explanation; just not the idea of why you were thinking the power... Now I know what I meant. I do not know for sure if the tail motor is ok - I could have a DOE part I guess. Also.. judging by what I saw while holding the heli in my hand.. well - once it's just tail working... then both rotors going.. Even while moving the wires from lipo to the RX or lipo to the ESC - I have not "readily" notice any issues.. but then again, I was not flying... Today I actually had overall power issues.. and I did test 4 batteries.. so it could even be the ESC or the main motor going bad.. (do brushless go bad?).
As for the connection - my is different than what you described.. The "spare power wire" is NOT in use. The only connection from the ESC to the RX is "throttle". Other than that - LiPo to ESC, ESC to main motor.. So I guess I have more testing to do
Maybe I should get another battery - new, and try that first.. Replacing the main power wire.. may not be a bad idea anyhow.. just in case... but as it does not seem to affect the behavior as I bent and wiggled it... I am still hunting for ideas to minimize the annoyment of troubleshooting and replacing parts
Try to remember if the heli worked ok when it was previously used? IMO if it did i would be thinking battery problem ....I would check simple things first

I Still fly 4#3b single brushless and my original batterys lost power,they dont last forever,so if they are original batterys might be worth trying a new one.

The correct brushed tail motor for single brushless is the Z35.Chinesejade still has them.
MODASL is offline Find More Posts by MODASL
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined Mar 2010
63 Posts
"The "spare power wire" is NOT in use. The only connection from the ESC to the RX is "throttle". Other than that - LiPo to ESC, ESC to main motor.".

This wiring as you describe above is standard for the single brushless.
MODASL is offline Find More Posts by MODASL
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:42 AM
HeliWannaB
Fort Collins, CO, US
Joined Jul 2007
455 Posts
Thx guys. I think I will try a new battery first, and replacing the power wires first - just in case the wires are damaged and they cannot transfer as much power as needed.

i812: thx for trying.. i know my descriptions are "sketchy" too - at best.. Anyhow, I can solder, just not very well - but I think I should be able to do that wire - as it possibly could effect all the systems if the wire is not letting electricity through as well as it should.. Even small heli does pull quite a bit of Amps.... I never bothered checking any electrical side with the meter, because I'd not know what I am looking for.. and anyhow will not have a baseline to compare it to... Juidging by your explanations - your communication skills are just fine - once I got your replies - even though they may not apply 100% as my config differs. I can totally understand what you were saying.
see you logic flow. Thx for trying.
For now I got my Xieda fixed, so I'll fly that.. when I stop crashing I'll work with the Walkera again - it would be nice to have a powerful small heli "in commission" again

Any suggestion on a best place to get compatible batteries these days? I've not bought these for a while, and hunting for good pricing is a pain - so if anyone already knows - I'd appreciate it.

Thx again - all who answered.
gregt@post.pl is offline Find More Posts by gregt@post.pl
Last edited by gregt@post.pl; Feb 06, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 11:30 AM
T-REX 250 -450-500-600-700G
ITALY, PAVIA
Joined Mar 2009
344 Posts
zippy lipo

HI
look at HK:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...gle_cell_.html

need soldering plug. I've ten of these from a year: very good quality and low cost.
I-FELN is offline Find More Posts by I-FELN
Old Feb 05, 2012, 02:28 PM
HeliWannaB
Fort Collins, CO, US
Joined Jul 2007
455 Posts
Just had another idea.. would I short something hooking up both, the RX and the ESC in parallel to the same battery, considering there's also a power flow between ESC and RX through the throttle connector? How about using 2 batteries fir testing; one to ESC an another to RX?
Just the fact that the power from the ESC to the RX goes through the skinny wires going to throttle, I wonder if that is not one if the issues.. after all RX, 2 servos an tail motor do need some power too....
What do u guys think?
Old Feb 05, 2012, 03:51 PM
HeliWannaB
Fort Collins, CO, US
Joined Jul 2007
455 Posts
I-Feln - thx, will check. I'll also see if I can find where I got my old spares from - they already had the plugs.. a nice convenience...
MODASL - I was thinking that the "throttle" plug to ESC is more like "base" in a transistor... so I was really expecting that power comes from somewhere else... is really all the power to all the components beyond the main motor going through that thin throttle cable?

BTW, the heli did work ok for about a year+, then the tail started going "south" and I never managed to resolve it... But still.. if I get it fixed, the battery will be a good thing, so I might just as well get more cells, see what happens... After all a brushless with a metal head should be flying well for a long time.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:07 PM
Canada, Quebec, Mercier
Joined Dec 2008
597 Posts
Rx

Do you know what is the difference between the

4#3B HM-4#3B-Z-41 and the
CB100 HM-4B100-Z-29

I need one for my 4#3B

The one for the 4#3B is 40$
For the CB100 20$