Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:12 PM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinut2
Elias: I see that HobbyKing is in HongKong. How long does it take to receive an order on average? Are you finding them to have the best pricing even with shipping?
Thanks
Doug
Best I have had is 2 days delivery, worst I have had was 10 working days delivery, but thats after processing the order, they sometimes process the order on the same day, sometime can take 3 days, so I expect the worse and hope for the best.

Their prices are overall better with shipping than most, but dont take it as gospel, check prices with at least 2 other places, I have found on very rare occassions that Hobby City has been double the price on a line item, but generally they are well priced

Elias
EatAtJoes is offline Find More Posts by EatAtJoes
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:15 PM
FP flogger!
Joined Jan 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Oh what fun we had!
Helis everywhere.
Lil bro. also had his new cf/brushless/Losi/ Micro T with monster tires. One impressive little machine.

Crazy news on the HC 250.
My Trex 250 is almost ready to go.
Been very distracted by a new PA Addiction and Ultimate AMR.
A very good distraction.

Ever considered a little foam to pad your helis?
I throw mine in the trunk like luggage.
Also love my super cheap black canvas tool bags from Harbor Freight.
Throw all your flight tools/supplies in and go.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=32282

rc
Don't need foam in my plastic case. The helis fit in snug, but not smooshed!
ranger306ci is offline Find More Posts by ranger306ci
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:19 PM
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax
Elias,
Thank you for the links. I was looking in the wrong area on Hobby City for the motors. I was looking at inrunners not out LOL! So how exactly are the outrunners going to mount to the heli frame?
I used epoxy putty, but you could use JB Weld, and cover any hole that might be in the way of mounting, remember less is best, so use very little putty / JB weld les than you could balance on your little fingers finger nail, them drill into that once you sanded it flat.

I use the dremel and cut slots where the holes are in the engine mount so that it becomes adjustable when screwing in. You can use a drill bit drill a hole right next to the original hole and file a slot between the 2 holes, you just need a few mils of adjustment so that the pinion can be meshed well with the main gear

Elias
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:31 PM
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross
you have plural on the 6a ESC, is that a typo or do I need two? Also, the spec on your tail motor (not the new one for the 4g3) calls for a single cell lipo, but you have the 240mah 20c listed are you using two of them so you can run the 6300? and if so, will the tail motor burn out?
Yes plural is correct, I use one for main one for tail, the fact I use the 2 gram motor for tail and that it is a 1 cell motor running of a 2 cell setup shouldnt phase you because the fact is that the motor will only take what it needs, ie: the same amount as a 1 cell setup, but if you do piro's continuously it will burn out, I can spin around the tail about 20 times then fly normal for a few mins then do some more spins and the motor gets up to 40 deg celcius, so it gets a little warm.

There is no way though it will last on a 4G3, the tail gets thrashed on that heli as the pitch gets changed and the heli struggles to keep the tail straight, but the 4#3B doent need even half that force to keep the tail straight, that being said I flew the 4G3 with the 2 gram tail quite hard for a whole day before I changed it to a 4.6g motor, the 2 gram still works but I could smell the windings getting excessivly hot type electrical cooking smell.

Remembering it's 2.6 grams heavier in the tail going to a 4.6g motor so the battery has to be moved quite a distance forward to couteract the weight in the tail if you chose to go 4.6, but I say 2 garm will be fine.

Elias
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:34 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Thank you Elias I am going back and wathing your video for better clarification. Not sure how all of that is going to fit in the 4#3B bu I might as well give it a shot.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Last edited by Orion Pax; Feb 24, 2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:50 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross
my assumption was that it was a walkera case and not a home grown case, that's why I placed it in the range I did. heli alone I totally agree with your range, and with only two batteries and a 'few' parts I would tend to move towards the low end of your range.
yes it is a DragonSky case..........it came with the 4#3b
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:52 PM
Jesus Freak
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAtJoes
Yes plural is correct, I use one for main one for tail, the fact I use the 2 gram motor for tail and that it is a 1 cell motor running of a 2 cell setup shouldnt phase you because the fact is that the motor will only take what it needs, ie: the same amount as a 1 cell setup, but if you do piro's continuously it will burn out, I can spin around the tail about 20 times then fly normal for a few mins then do some more spins and the motor gets up to 40 deg celcius, so it gets a little warm.

There is no way though it will last on a 4G3, the tail gets thrashed on that heli as the pitch gets changed and the heli struggles to keep the tail straight, but the 4#3B doent need even half that force to keep the tail straight, that being said I flew the 4G3 with the 2 gram tail quite hard for a whole day before I changed it to a 4.6g motor, the 2 gram still works but I could smell the windings getting excessivly hot type electrical cooking smell.

Remembering it's 2.6 grams heavier in the tail going to a 4.6g motor so the battery has to be moved quite a distance forward to couteract the weight in the tail if you chose to go 4.6, but I say 2 garm will be fine.

Elias
Great thanks! Finally a parts list I can work from. you're using a 6300, I'm assuming a 6100 will work just as well just need to do the cg stuff right?

is there a specific reason you changed from a BA nano gyro to what you currently list?

and lastly (probably not though) did you use your stock servos?
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:54 PM
Jesus Freak
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Killer
yes it is a DragonSky case..........it came with the 4#3b
yeah, then if I were in the market I would offer you the $120 for the package. I just bought my third 4#3 and i'm about to drop $100 to spektrumize and BL one of them
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:19 PM
Maine
Joined Nov 2007
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush
Has anyone here actually tried the Elemodel out runner and ESC combo in their 4#3? I assume that it will work with the RX2406 that I have.

The price is attractive, and it looks good, so Iím tempted. But before I buy, I would like to know how it compares to the Walkera upgrade. Has anyone here fitted this and can offer an independent opinion?

Thanks
I had ordered the Walkera brushless upgrade but cancelled it due to the ongoing ETA delays. It also bugged me to have to set aside the RX2406 and use the brushless RX with the bad press I've read on this thread about it. Then I saw the Elemodel combo at about half the price of the Walkera version.
So I ordered the Brushless Combo from Elemodel a few days ago and just got an email that it has been shipped. It came to $53 with shipping etc.
I'll let you know how it works when it arrives...
Tony
aircat10 is offline Find More Posts by aircat10
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:43 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Elias, I noticed in the 4G3 thread you mentioned a wiring diagram to get this all to work together. I noticed the esc's were paralleled through the battery cable but don't see how the rest of it goes together. ie. which esc plugs into which channel and which one goes to which motor. Also you mentioned diodes. Does your diagram show where that will go as well?
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:54 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriswithak
just for your info;2 4#3bs,metal head,bic spring top and bottom of swash,micro deans connectors,regular blades,4#3 main gear,walkera batt,.........one has a fieago,e-bay esc,and a 10 tooth pinion,hovers for 9 min,flies like a sunday flier,59.1 gram.......................................the other has a turbo ace 4.5 gram outrunner,11 tooth pinion,walkera esc,hovers for 9 min,flies like a go-cart with a V8 in it......52.8 gram...do I like the 4.5 gram outrunner....I'll be ordering another one....
How does the Walkera esc go with the 4.5g? (presume by the way you named it you got from wow)

Does it start it reliably?

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:07 PM
Joined Jan 2007
237 Posts
dilema

wait for walkera bl set up knowing i will lose ext adjustment (currently fly with aprox 25% reduction and servos on inner holes)

or go for the elemodel combo and try the unknown but keep the ext

any thoughts

thanks
jc
JCcx is offline Find More Posts by JCcx
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:34 PM
Maine
Joined Nov 2007
210 Posts
Towerhobbies heli-max Novus FP

The stock charger is a little different and they'll be offering a BL upgrade.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVVX0&P=ML
aircat10 is offline Find More Posts by aircat10
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:50 PM
You spent HOW MUCH??????
China Grove, NC
Joined Mar 2008
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircat10
I had ordered the Walkera brushless upgrade but cancelled it due to the ongoing ETA delays. It also bugged me to have to set aside the RX2406 and use the brushless RX with the bad press I've read on this thread about it. Then I saw the Elemodel combo at about half the price of the Walkera version.
So I ordered the Brushless Combo from Elemodel a few days ago and just got an email that it has been shipped. It came to $53 with shipping etc.
I'll let you know how it works when it arrives...
Tony
Can I ask how you got it for that price That's a really good deal cuz when I add it to the cart it comes up to about $62.00 with shipping and all.

Thanks
Steve
asylum56 is offline Find More Posts by asylum56
Old Feb 24, 2009, 07:18 PM
Louisville
Joined Jan 2009
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakMov
I have an actual Walkera case.
Know where to get any more?
chadt is offline Find More Posts by chadt