Old May 18, 2008, 12:22 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
Microkites,
I heard a radio show offer a gift instead of a prize once because when they offer a gift to their listeners,they don't need any terms and conditions.
Jason
ok -was mostly joking -though wouldnt mind sending someone a 3" kite that will fly about 75ft up on regular sewing thread, if they showed a good comparison post about differances between 4#3a and 4#3b!

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2008, 12:29 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
That sounds cool!
A 3 inch kite!
I could fit that in my pocket.
Do you have any pics. ( I know it is off topic,but)
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old May 18, 2008, 01:01 AM
Joined Mar 2008
214 Posts
From what I understand, there are now 3 versions.

The v1+ 2.4
Essentially, the same as v1, except with a 2.4 radio. May contain some minor revisions, but still retains the old servos, frame, head works, etc.

The v2 4#3A
Has the 2.4, upgraded motors, gears, servos, the new canopy, the new head design, the larger blades, new frame, etc. Essentially the same as the 4#3B except the head parts are plastic.

The v2 4#3B
Everything that's on the 4#3A, but with alum head works.

So there you have it.
That's short list of the 3 models, as it was explained to me (abbreviated here).
Vtwin is offline Find More Posts by Vtwin
Old May 18, 2008, 08:59 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
I have a chattering servo on my 4#3. Will the improved servos from the A/B models work? And a really basic question, what is the end play spec for the main rotor shaft? Thanx in advance, Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old May 18, 2008, 09:18 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca
I have a chattering servo on my 4#3. Will the improved servos from the A/B models work? And a really basic question, what is the end play spec for the main rotor shaft? Thanx in advance, Bill

v2 servos I think are much nicer, they wont fit on v1 frame.

v2 frame has extra set of holes to fit narrower v1 servos

there are some good fixes for chattery servos on 4#3 thread

I have no slop/play at all in my v2 main shaft! Has stayed tight thru over 200 flights-

on all versions collar should just sit on bearing so it cant shift vertically- but do not bind bearings- should spin freely with motor not engaged

mk
Old May 18, 2008, 09:21 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
That sounds cool!
A 3 inch kite!
I could fit that in my pocket.
Do you have any pics. ( I know it is off topic,but)
actually used to advertise them as the wallet sized kite that really flys!

I keep one in my wallet for those times I really need a flying fix! Store it in a plastic baseball card sleeve.

I will see if I can dig up some pix later

mk
Old May 18, 2008, 09:58 AM
USA, Mt, Great Falls
Joined Nov 2006
417 Posts
Micro post some vids man. What I'm curious about is does it fly better than the old 4#3 or is it still just a little drunk bee? I'm also curious about the 4#3a's flight time even though I have 6 lipo's and 4 chargers for it.

Does it fly better than the wasp v3? lol I know you had problems with that one.
Does it fly as good as a HBFP?
Does it fly better than a blinged out HBK?
Not trying to be a smart ... but some vids would be nice.
Deserteagle is offline Find More Posts by Deserteagle
Old May 18, 2008, 01:36 PM
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Hi, I have the 2.4ghz plastic version, its so much better than the original which i could hardly fly! not sure about all the differences, but ones i noticed were wider flybar paddles, less slop in head and swash. The only mod ive done is mount the lipo directly underneath the 4 in 1 to get perfect cg, ill post a vid but also take into account im a pretty crap pilot.
drscraggs is offline Find More Posts by drscraggs
Old May 18, 2008, 01:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
official 4#3b vid
Walkera 4#3B RC Helicopter (1 min 31 sec)
drscraggs is offline Find More Posts by drscraggs
Old May 18, 2008, 02:46 PM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
the 4#3B looks amazing, i'm ordering one next week
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old May 18, 2008, 03:45 PM
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
948 Posts
I'll post some vids on the 4#3b in the next hour on youtube
looking for a program to edit quicktime movies :S
anyone?
Junglemaxx is offline Find More Posts by Junglemaxx
Old May 18, 2008, 05:18 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2008
168 Posts
I have been thinking about buying a micro heli for quite some time now. Initially I wanted to go for the 4#3 but then I saw that the 4#3b with metal parts will be coming out soon, so I kept waiting and waiting. This will be my first RC heli, I know some people say that the 4#3 is quite difficult to fly for a beginner, but at the same time it is very durable and can be flown indoors, which allows me to have more flights than with a helicopter that can only be flown outdoors.
My idea is to use the 4#3b plus simulator until I have some experience and then invest more money in a good TX and a CP heli.

Does anyone know an online store that will have the 4#3b on stock soon? They should also have spare parts, cheap shipping to the US, and accept credit cards (I don't want to use paypal since I had some issues with them in the past).

thanks
HeliShredder is online now Find More Posts by HeliShredder
Old May 18, 2008, 05:26 PM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
rotor fever for $160

i assume he takes credit cards, i don't know
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old May 18, 2008, 05:59 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2006
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliShredder
I have been thinking about buying a micro heli for quite some time now. Initially I wanted to go for the 4#3 but then I saw that the 4#3b with metal parts will be coming out soon, so I kept waiting and waiting. This will be my first RC heli, I know some people say that the 4#3 is quite difficult to fly for a beginner, but at the same time it is very durable and can be flown indoors, which allows me to have more flights than with a helicopter that can only be flown outdoors.
My idea is to use the 4#3b plus simulator until I have some experience and then invest more money in a good TX and a CP heli.

Does anyone know an online store that will have the 4#3b on stock soon? They should also have spare parts, cheap shipping to the US, and accept credit cards (I don't want to use paypal since I had some issues with them in the past).

thanks

I never had a chance to fly 4#3 but I just recently preordered one. If I were you I'd probably stay away from 4#3 because of lack skills. If you really want to fly indoor just get Honey Bee FP to learn on. Check my profile to see the video flying in my living room.
Almaz is offline Find More Posts by Almaz
Last edited by Almaz; May 18, 2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old May 18, 2008, 06:38 PM
Joined Feb 2008
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliShredder

thanks
Hello,
The 4#3B will be available in next few days. It is $178 shipped.
http://www.chinesejade.com/walkera24G4M3_Heli.htm

-----------
CJ
(Pre-order of Metal Version 4#3B is only $178 Shipped!)
http://www.chinesejade.com/walkera.htm
tterence is offline Find More Posts by tterence