HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2008, 06:02 AM
I crash therefore I am
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baygenco
afaik microkites is the first one recognized these two positions on swash.
closer ones lessens the throw. i am using holes closer on swash and the middle hole on servo arm,this looks like a better link geometry.
Ok I missed Mk's first catch on that. Thanks MK too!
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2008, 09:42 AM
Joined Jul 2006
10 Posts
Main blade tightness

OK just joined the 4#3B "club" and I have a couple of questions.

I can hover ok but a slight pitch oscillation sets up sometimes any suggestions as to what may be causing this.

How tight should the main blades be in the grips ?

What size screwdrivers do I need for this heli and where can i get them ?

TIA

Bad Atti-chewed
Bad Atti-chewed is offline Find More Posts by Bad Atti-chewed
Old Jul 05, 2008, 12:11 PM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
the pitch oscillation is likely just getting used to the heli but check for loose linkages and that the head looks centered on the button, if its not a c-clip may be missing on the orings .. the blades do NOT need to be tight but they need to be tightened evenly .. i tighten the screws until the screws just feel like they are grabbing .. if u crank them down it will bend the bladegrips and that WILL cause problems and make it much more difficult to get the blades even and possibly make a tracking problem .. and the screwdrivers u can get at radio shack, just a little precision jewelers set ..
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Old Jul 05, 2008, 01:09 PM
Joined Jul 2006
10 Posts
Thanks dze I'll check your suggestions.
Bad Atti-chewed is offline Find More Posts by Bad Atti-chewed
Old Jul 06, 2008, 01:32 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Atti-chewed
OK just joined the 4#3B "club" and I have a couple of questions.

I can hover ok but a slight pitch oscillation sets up sometimes any suggestions as to what may be causing this.

What size screwdrivers do I need for this heli and where can i get them ?

TIA

Bad Atti-chewed
I Like These for the Walkera 4-3 Blade Screws: http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/sto...%20JIS%20Kit-1
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 06, 2008, 01:39 AM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
is it magnetized? i have one that is old and beat up that just happened to be magnetized and i find myself using it every time to start screws, u can stick the screw on the end and just plug it right where u want it .. then i grab my new one to finish coz the end of the magnet one is old and chewed up .. just wondering .. i need a new magnet one if i can ever find another one ..
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Old Jul 06, 2008, 02:03 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
No it's not magnetized, but you could make it magnetized.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 06, 2008, 02:22 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
O.K. I take that back! i just ordered a tool magnetizer and will magnetize all the screwdrivers on my website!
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 06, 2008, 03:23 AM
Joined Mar 2008
5 Posts
Hi, I am new here. I have bought a 4#3B couple weeks ago. Seldom crash, perfect condition. Today, I flew it and it screwed up suddenly in the mid air while I was hovering it. Of course, it crashed....and the servos were un-controllable movement...
I disconnected the battery cell and off the TX~~~re-bind it and hope the servos back to normal. But I never get it binded again.

4#3b bind failure (0 min 32 sec)

Does that mean I have to get a brand new 4 in1? Anyppl here got the same exp. like me b4?

Thankz all

Charles
ychar is offline Find More Posts by ychar
Old Jul 06, 2008, 08:37 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,333 Posts
Quote:
I usually have my blades "just tight enough or snug" so when spooling up they'll straighten. If the stability changes I check the blade first.....
Quote:
What size screwdrivers do I need for this heli and where can i get them?
I have a set of those jewelers tools mentioned, a few craftsman and just picked up a MIA tool kit.

Shameless plug for Micro-Flights’ MIA 7 piece Miniature Tool Kit

These look handy....

LT-0034 Micro Screw Driver Box Set

16 Piece Precision Screwdriver Set
simages is offline Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by simages; Jul 06, 2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2008, 09:02 AM
Bay Area California
Joined Apr 2007
2,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ychar
Hi, I am new here. I have bought a 4#3B couple weeks ago. Seldom crash, perfect condition. Today, I flew it and it screwed up suddenly in the mid air while I was hovering it. Of course, it crashed....and the servos were un-controllable movement...
I disconnected the battery cell and off the TX~~~re-bind it and hope the servos back to normal. But I never get it binded again.

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=q_8F1jf454U

Does that mean I have to get a brand new 4 in1? Anyppl here got the same exp. like me b4?

Thankz all

Charles
If the servos were still trying to move and was stuck then yes you may have fried your 4in1. Did you smell anything after the crash?
sketchaholic is offline Find More Posts by sketchaholic
Old Jul 06, 2008, 09:13 AM
Bay Area California
Joined Apr 2007
2,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dze
is it magnetized? i have one that is old and beat up that just happened to be magnetized and i find myself using it every time to start screws, u can stick the screw on the end and just plug it right where u want it .. then i grab my new one to finish coz the end of the magnet one is old and chewed up .. just wondering .. i need a new magnet one if i can ever find another one ..
I just touch my screw driver to the stock motors and it magnetizes it just enough to pick up the tiny screws. Only holds for a few screws though.
sketchaholic is offline Find More Posts by sketchaholic
Old Jul 06, 2008, 09:23 AM
Joined Mar 2008
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchaholic
If the servos were still trying to move and was stuck then yes you may have fried your 4in1. Did you smell anything after the crash?
No, nothing at all.
Should I go for the 4 in 1 or TX now? What cause the problem?
ychar is offline Find More Posts by ychar
Old Jul 06, 2008, 09:43 AM
"I don't like it !"
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jan 2007
273 Posts
Magnetic screwdrivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dze
Guys, I just use a small magnet (from a kids Magnetix set) and stick it to the blade of the screwdriver part way up. Gives you a strongly magnetic tip for holding screws, and remove it when you don't want the magnetic effect anymore. And you can use one for keeping those teeny screws safe inbetween times. I also use a sheet of thin, dense black foam from a craft shop as a working surface, gives a good contrast for not losing screws and the screws don't bounce on it.
oddlegs is offline Find More Posts by oddlegs
Old Jul 06, 2008, 10:11 AM
Joined May 2008
53 Posts
ychar, in your video i notice the heli is powered up before the TX. standard procedure is to power up TX 1st. i doubt your 4 in 1 is fried, try removing the leads from it and cleaing them with some type of cleaner that is safe for palstics, maybe even a silcone spray. make sure the leads are all connected securely and try again. on my blade cx2 sometimes this happens and i just move the lead wires to the 4 in 1 without disconnecting them to the left or right a little and then it binds.
l4m3r is offline Find More Posts by l4m3r