HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2008, 09:06 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
could i get the cable version witch will work with dx5e?
also, is there a model of Apprentice for fsone? or how to model it on my own?
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2008, 01:13 AM
Senior moments always
Florence, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
30 Posts
Apprentice is no toy

Bought this plane and must add, for the price its complete and looks good up close. It flys great and will entertain the expert as well as the beginner. For a foamy its one of the best around for $299.99. It also comes with the DX5 Spektrum. Only thing you need is a 12 volt 10amp sourse to charge battery.
Sundrips is offline Find More Posts by Sundrips
Old Sep 14, 2008, 05:17 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
With winter on the way im starting to think more about ap. Looks like to assemble this plane as an arf and use gear i already have along with my dx-7 its gonna cost $119.93 without tax to put one together through replacement parts,unfortunatley some are back ordered but it will take about a month before i can get one put together anyway. Looking forward to more pics and some videos,especially ap stuff if anyone is doing that yet with the plane. z-foam is very resilant and easily repairable from past expierence and this will be a workhorse,funflyer,ap ship unless i put together something bigger this plane should be perfect for that and ive got four 3s 2200 packs for plenty of ap hops in an outing.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:40 AM
Flying Electric!
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Jul 2006
1,485 Posts
Pnp?
ASAMech is offline Find More Posts by ASAMech
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:51 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
Not pnp,basically you can order just the plane through the replacement parts listed,then add your own motor,esc,lipo and radio gear. I just got a new plane today so i have to put the apprentice on hold for a while.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2008, 01:54 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Got the Apprentice yesterday and maidened her today. It flys great and looks good in the air. Quick question, is it me or is there almost no throw difference between hi and low rates?

Also, good thing I've been reading this thread... the caps on the rubber band horns were very loose. Put some thin CA in the cap and it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

It certainly needs bigger wheels though, as my field is grass and a bit bumpy.

Tim
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Oct 04, 2008, 02:09 PM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Mine is waiting for DX6i ordered from AMain

Will post more and more images in my Apprentice Flickr Set
Old Oct 05, 2008, 10:06 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehawk
Got the Apprentice yesterday and maidened her today. It flys great and looks good in the air. Quick question, is it me or is there almost no throw difference between hi and low rates?

Also, good thing I've been reading this thread... the caps on the rubber band horns were very loose. Put some thin CA in the cap and it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

It certainly needs bigger wheels though, as my field is grass and a bit bumpy.

Tim
Congrats on your maiden flight,I love flying this plane i have just as much fun with this as i do with the corsair or t28,there is defiantly a difference in hi and low throw rates .i assume you are using the dx5e if you read the manual page 33 it will show the distances of the hi and low rates.i am using a dx6i and set custom rates .glad you checked the caps it saved you a lot of pain.i added some bigger wheels to mine,i have 2 1/2 in. super lite dubro,also painted it and added flaps this thing just floats in on landings,i also added 2 oz of weight to the nose ,i found it to be a bit tail heavy and tried moving everything forward but still when i checked COG i was still lite in the friont,now with the 2 oz its better,and when i use 2 2200ma lipos in parellel instead of the stock battery they give it some more weight so its much better,i also added a bracket to the side for my camera . right under the wing is a little plastic piece under the sticker with 2 holes i used a piece of plastic i had laying around and made a camera mount for my flip mino,which fits on nicely.you can see it in the pics

Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old Oct 06, 2008, 02:35 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
guys, i would like to buy 5000 mah battery, but it has about 100 g more weight, is it ok for that plane?
Old Oct 06, 2008, 06:56 AM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Snoopy:

I have the exact same three planes! But I also have the E-flite T-34.

I also have a DX6i so I chose to bind the receiver to that and then set up the throws using this radio and the manual's recommended rates. I also like your paint scheme. I have to admit that I don't really care for the sticker "Apprentice" on the plane.

Anyone want a deal on a brand new DX5e radio? Maybe trade for a lipo?

Tim
Old Oct 06, 2008, 07:28 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
nice scheme, really
What about battery weight?

P.s. i sold my dx5e and bought dx6i, also want to sell or exchange that stock charger.
Old Oct 06, 2008, 08:05 AM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun
guys, i would like to buy 5000 mah battery, but it has about 100 g more weight, is it ok for that plane?
I do not think that would be a Problem,Just Check the COG before flying ,100 grams is i think bout 3 1/2 oz, i use 2 2200ma paralleled together which are 4 oz heavier than the stock battery and add my camera which is little over 3 oz and i also added 2 oz of weight to the nose . this plane still just floats along with all that weight

Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:26 PM
Joined Jun 2008
5 Posts
Could anyone tell me what power supply to use for this plane. i am looking for a reasonably cheap but reliable thing that can plug into the wall. a link to where its sold would be nice.
cbodes is offline Find More Posts by cbodes
Old Oct 12, 2008, 05:29 AM
Slidell, LA, USA
Joined Nov 2002
715 Posts
I just made one out of an old computer power supply.
woketman is online now Find More Posts by woketman
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:52 AM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Just noticed

Has anyone noticed the small cut out in the fuse, directly under where the wing sits...I think it's on the port side? What is this? Is there an intended purpose for this? The black window tape is the only thing covering the cut out.