HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:46 PM
Estevan Sk
Joined Apr 2008
17 Posts
I had a similar experience with same conditions mentioned. I first checked motor with a multimeter to see that there were no "shorts", which showed to me motor was OK in that regard. As it happened I had another esc about so I tried it in place of the original and motor then worked Ok. Put on a fully charged battery ran for about 10 min. at 1/2, 3/4, and full positions.

That was my experience for what ever it is worth.
patchman61 is offline Find More Posts by patchman61
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:12 PM
Joined Dec 2008
25 Posts
Hey Guys,

I got a new motor and it's up and going. Eflite has awesome customer service BTW!!!

SOOOO, I want to put floats on this thing. Has anyone done this? Will the GWS ones work or will I need to make my own bigger ones?

Thanks for any help
Tim
trp77 is offline Find More Posts by trp77
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 13, 2008, 07:34 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trp77
Hey Guys,

I got a new motor and it's up and going. Eflite has awesome customer service BTW!!!

SOOOO, I want to put floats on this thing. Has anyone done this? Will the GWS ones work or will I need to make my own bigger ones?

Thanks for any help
Tim
Really? who did contact you?
My problem with cold joint is not a problem for horizon, as i can see. I can't even get disassemble manual to repair motor by mine own.

Look
Quote:
Thanks for your email. There is not a repair manul for thses motors. And
we do not service them. You would need to repair it yourself or replace
the motor.

I hope you find this information useful. If you should have any further
questions, please reply to this email or give us a call at
1-877-504-0233.

Thanks,
Larry G.
Product Support Team Member
Horizon Hobby Distributors
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, IL 61822
877-504-0233
i'm really disappointed
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old Dec 15, 2008, 04:18 PM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Thanks for support

More on Flickr
Old Dec 16, 2008, 12:13 AM
Kennesaw, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
1,752 Posts
Anyone taken amp readings on the stock motor and prop setup? Trying to figure if I can use some of these spare packs I have. Also I wanted to be careful as I'm not really sure how long you can fly on the 3200.
Zero3803 is offline Find More Posts by Zero3803
Old Dec 16, 2008, 06:09 AM
Slidell, LA, USA
Joined Nov 2002
714 Posts
I flew for perhaps 30 minutes one flight (min of 25) just doing touch & goes.
woketman is offline Find More Posts by woketman
Old Dec 16, 2008, 07:00 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
anyone tried 11x8.5 prop?
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:10 AM
Joined Dec 2008
25 Posts
Well guys, I have my floats built, I all I have to do is install them now! I'll let you know how it goes
Tim
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 16, 2008, 12:19 PM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
please give us pics, is it a kit or homemade?
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:29 AM
Joined Dec 2008
25 Posts
Hey Guys

I have it done and on the plane. It was a scratch build. It was actually a lot of fun. You really don't need much in the way of special tools to do it. I found a site that had all the basics and instructions, but I'd be happy to give advice on what i found worked best for this plane.

Can't wait to try it out, but the pond out back is half frozen. One or the other would probably be fine, but this is no good. I actually got it stuck for a minute in a "water" hole in the ice.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 20, 2008, 07:31 AM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trp77
Hey Guys

I have it done and on the plane. It was a scratch build. It was actually a lot of fun. You really don't need much in the way of special tools to do it. I found a site that had all the basics and instructions, but I'd be happy to give advice on what i found worked best for this plane.

Can't wait to try it out, but the pond out back is half frozen. One or the other would probably be fine, but this is no good. I actually got it stuck for a minute in a "water" hole in the ice.
Just curious, did you disable the nose gear steering?
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:43 AM
Joined Dec 2008
25 Posts
Yes, I just took the linkage off the servo and left it hanging. I think I will add a rudder to the tail that will be able to come off and on.

I want to be able to swtich to wheels easily is possible.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2008, 09:56 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
i have Thanh's LED kit (red, green, two nav lights, one additional nav light on gear channel and two/tree strobes)

test setup
E-Flite Apprentice and Thanh's LED kit - phase 3 (0 min 31 sec)

test flight with red, green and two nav lights

Old Dec 26, 2008, 01:38 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Looks great dude! Nice job.

T
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Jan 10, 2009, 12:30 AM
Joined Sep 2008
16 Posts
Apprentice 15 e on Skis

Greetings from Canada,

Interested to find this thread on the Apprentice !5e. I've had one since September but since we have had continuous snow cover where I live since November 15th, I have been trying to find a satisfactory way to fly it on skis. Would be interested to know of others experiences (e.g. Snoopy3440). My experience is that it flies very nicely from firmly packed snow or ice but not at all from soft snow or powder. Even with an inch of loose stuff the front ski buries itself because there is so much weight on it. We have had so much snow this year that I got fed up trying to keep a packed snow runway open & ended up building a tail dragger S.P.A.D. fuselage for the Apprentice wing. Call it the SPADprentice!! It's not too pretty (see pic) but flies off loose snow very well. Note the flourescent orange wingtips & fuse which I need to see it against the snow & usually grey sky.

Hope there are some other frozen finger fliers out there with reports on winter flying the Apprentice.

Regards,

RB
rbwater is offline Find More Posts by rbwater