HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2008, 08:50 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Holy crap Ron thats some flyin. What is that radio he is using? that thing is huge. I think I will pass on doing any 3D with the apprentice. Relaxed flying is fine for me.
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:02 PM
Joined Oct 2007
33 Posts
When I clicked on the video it said not there anymore...dang

Hey CapMike...when do you expect to get your replacement? Has Horizon said anything about the carbon fiber tube?
Sir Krashalot is offline Find More Posts by Sir Krashalot
Old Oct 21, 2008, 05:01 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
I expect the plane to be in thier hands today. I hope to hear something back when they get it. Hopefully I will be getting something by the weekend and can go out again.
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Oct 21, 2008, 02:59 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
hey capmike sorry i did not respond sooner,had a cold over weekend and did not want to spread it in the forums cough cough.glad you liked that clip,i came across it and had nothing to do with the apprentice but had to share it,that guy was unbelievable,anyway did you hear bout your plane,whats the verdict?I am very interested in what made that spar fail or was it just a bad spar

Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old Oct 21, 2008, 03:00 PM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,265 Posts
Anyone know the stall speed of the Apprentice ?...RTR
realtimerecon is online now Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Oct 21, 2008, 03:43 PM
Slidell, LA, USA
Joined Nov 2002
715 Posts
SLLLLOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ww.............
woketman is offline Find More Posts by woketman
Old Oct 21, 2008, 03:53 PM
Joined Oct 2007
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtimerecon
Anyone know the stall speed of the Apprentice ?...RTR
about minus 5 mph in a little wind

I am yet to stall this baby...if I go stright up it will gently fall over and recover nicely...don't even know if it stalled. On landing, you can cut the power on approach and it will settle into a nice float with just a little of up elevator just as it lands...no stall and it was barely moving.

If you look at the ends of the wing you will see an extended chord on the air foil. Stalls start at the body and move out. I think this pretty much prevents a stall except at VERY low speeds. Maybe I will try to make her stall next time out and let you know.
Sir Krashalot is offline Find More Posts by Sir Krashalot
Last edited by Sir Krashalot; Oct 21, 2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: another thought
Old Oct 22, 2008, 07:13 AM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,265 Posts
Thanks guys.....Now, has anyone used this plane for aerial photography ? If so, how well is it at this role.What i want is a SLOW plane w/ lots of lift...RTR
realtimerecon is online now Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Oct 22, 2008, 07:19 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys.....Now, has anyone used this plane for aerial photography ? If so, how well is it at this role.What i want is a SLOW plane w/ lots of lift...RTR
This model is perhaps the best for Aerial Photography. I started with large RC airplanes 4 years ago by converting (Glow-To-Electric) a World Models Sky Raider MACH-I high wing sport model with 65.5 inch wing span and tipped the digital scale at 5.8lbs.

Thread of MACH-I High Wing Sport:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...+Raider+MACH+I

Thread of MACH-II Low Wing Sport:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...+Raider+MACH+I

The Apprentice 15e RTF provides a super LIGHT wing loading and designed for Electric flight from the get-go.

You will be extremely happy with this model for your "other" hobby
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Oct 22, 2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 07:27 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Want to talk about heavy RC Airplane models.....

My thumbs hurt after checking for proper C of G!!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=208734
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:43 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Worst screws i ever had
These are from motor mount holder. Quality screws cost 10USD for >1000 pack from wholesaler.

More: my first ever fly and first crash

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexguz...7607436578147/
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Last edited by alex.guzun; Oct 22, 2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:06 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
Quote:
Check out post 122 and 130 i use a flip mino and this is great,i was going to buy a SC but buy the time i change it to brush less and ailerons this was a cheaper package.as you can read from previous post stall is virtually nill.i slow this to a craw and shoot video @ altitude and this will just float along at very slow speed which makes for great looking video of the landscape,i used to use my t28 but i would get seasick watching the vid from moving so fast

Ron
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:19 PM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
forgot to ask, guys, please help me to choose a proper Prop spinner from HobbyCity
I lost my plastic prop cup

Thank you in advance
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:22 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun
Worst screws i ever had
These are from motor mount holder. Quality screws cost 10USD for >1000 pack from wholesaler.

More: my first ever fly and first crash

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexguz...7607436578147/

sorry to see you apprentice looking like that,did you have a failure or a bad day @ the field,i have been there many times with these foamies and thats why they are great a little gorilla glue and the fusealage and wing will be stronger than original.its all fixable,i just saw horizon has the cowl in stick but i did not see the motor mout they have been behind with parts for this,but it looks like motor mount ,spinner,cowl and maybe time for repaint.hide glue marks,get some screw at local hardware and you be flyin in no time i cant say enough how fun this plane is to fly

Ron
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:28 PM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
it was just my first ever fly (have some rc cars, as you can see on my Flickr)
I mailed with amain (horizon won't send me anything to slovakia) and they told be that motor mount will be available in few days, but i get those parts glued already.
Now thinking about to buy bigger wheels and spinner from HobbyCity, but really do not know witch spinner to choose, i'm not familiar with all those new stuff