Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 04, 2011, 05:57 AM
Gravity manager
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined May 2011
71 Posts
Thanks for the compliment! I really believe it does. Actually i do. Also scientists apparently believe so. There have been lots of scientific studies proving playing games improves the eye hand coordination. seriously though

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor View Post
WOW! Thats a talent! - Do you think 20 years of gaming experience had something to do with it?

Congratulations on your maiden! Good one!
Marrone is offline Find More Posts by Marrone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2011, 11:45 AM
Joined Feb 2010
69 Posts
Nice lighting Visor, how did u rig the lights?
Neil_M is offline Find More Posts by Neil_M
Old Jun 04, 2011, 12:31 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrone View Post
Thanks for the compliment! I really believe it does. Actually i do. Also scientists apparently believe so. There have been lots of scientific studies proving playing games improves the eye hand coordination. seriously though

cheers
Well, you've just proved that scientists are right. I can say that because it happened to me once, and although I had sufficient flying experience my brain couldn't overcome the conflict between my eyes and hands. So I just cut the power quickly before it got any worse and let the plane semi safely plunk in the tall grass...

Once again - good one! You can safely brag about it
Visor is offline Find More Posts by Visor
Old Jun 04, 2011, 12:38 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_M View Post
Nice lighting Visor, how did u rig the lights?
Thanks! Red and blue mounted under belly and pointed at the wings - so the bottom of the wings reflect the light. I also have a white one at the tail and some more of red and blue on top.

Apprentice LED (0 min 18 sec)

I'll try to get a better evening flight video
Old Jun 04, 2011, 02:03 PM
Joined Aug 2009
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrone View Post
@ sandhog Thanks mate for the effort! very helpful. Can you check the picture is just put up of rod? i am flying with a futaba t8fg and the 8 channel receiver.
If you're talking about the pushrod not quite being parallel to the servo and thus going back to the control horn on the aileron with a slight angle, yes, it does look a little bit off compared to my wing. But only a few degrees. One reason it may be off is that it looks like the pushrod is "flipped". See the attached picture. I took your original pic and "flipped" the servo end of the pushrod. You can see how the "Z" bend in the pushrod now is opposite the one in your original picture. Flipping the pushrod over like that will put the rod on the other side of the servo arm and should correct the angle. You can see in the picture that just by flipping it horizontally that the angle changes noticeably. This is how my Apprentice aileron pushrods are, and there is almost no angle to the control horn.

By the way, you seem to be the only other guy on this thread who is using a Futaba radio with your Apprentice besides me! I'm using a Futaba T7C with R617FS receiver. Excellent radio system.

edited picture:
SandHog is offline Find More Posts by SandHog
Old Jun 04, 2011, 06:26 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandHog View Post
By the way, you seem to be the only other guy on this thread who is using a Futaba radio with your Apprentice besides me! I'm using a Futaba T7C with R617FS receiver. Excellent radio system.
Futaba T6EX with orange receiver here . I'm using this transmitter ever since I got into RC - so far so good! (feel sorry for guys loosing their planes with AR500 - )
Old Jun 04, 2011, 06:44 PM
Gravity manager
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined May 2011
71 Posts
I am in love with my Futaba T8FG especially since the software upgrade to 14 channels I read, heard, and saw so many radio signal losses with the spektrum system that futaba was a no-brainer for me. why run any risk. Thanks for the advice sandhog! already thought i had to flip it. Thanks!

Quote:
If you're talking about the pushrod not quite being parallel to the servo and thus going back to the control horn on the aileron with a slight angle, yes, it does look a little bit off compared to my wing. But only a few degrees. One reason it may be off is that it looks like the pushrod is "flipped". See the attached picture. I took your original pic and "flipped" the servo end of the pushrod. You can see how the "Z" bend in the pushrod now is opposite the one in your original picture. Flipping the pushrod over like that will put the rod on the other side of the servo arm and should correct the angle. You can see in the picture that just by flipping it horizontally that the angle changes noticeably. This is how my Apprentice aileron pushrods are, and there is almost no angle to the control horn.

edited picture:
Quote:
Futaba T6EX with orange receiver here . I'm using this transmitter ever since I got into RC - so far so good! (feel sorry for guys loosing their planes with AR500 - )
Old Jun 04, 2011, 10:10 PM
Joined Aug 2009
227 Posts
Quote:
Good man! Yeah, I've never had a single glitch with my Futaba T7C / R617FS combo(s). I've got that combo in all my big planes. Only thing I use my Spektrum DX6i for is my ultra-micro stuff. My DX6i is better than the DX5e/AR500 combo, but even so my DX6i has glitched a couple of times. That's why I don't use it with anything big or expensive.

Well, I guess that makes three of us that use Futabas with the Apprentice (and other, of course)!
Old Jun 05, 2011, 01:26 AM
Joined Apr 2011
401 Posts
Been flying the apprentice for 3 weeks now.

Heres my first video. Camera was mounted in bad spot. Will fix it next time.

Cloudy and hazy day, was hard to keep looking at the sky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQg_d...feature=relmfu

Landing from that flight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-szwW...el_video_title
FTA_FTW is offline Find More Posts by FTA_FTW
Last edited by FTA_FTW; Jun 05, 2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 03:36 AM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Here is my first crash with Apprentice - thanks to my lady we get to see it!

Night Flight Goes Wrong (8 min 9 sec)
Old Jun 05, 2011, 11:34 AM
Joined Feb 2010
69 Posts
Lucky it was still in one piece
Old Jun 05, 2011, 12:40 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_M View Post
Lucky it was still in one piece
Yes, even though a crash is a bad thing, I was lucky to get it back, and in one piece, with only minor scratches

Oh yes, and I was lucky myself to climb up and then come down in one piece with only minor scratches and sticky tree sap all over my clothes...
Old Jun 05, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Feb 2010
69 Posts
I guess if your near trees one needs a telescopic pole to reach into trees LOL.
A bit costly to leave a plane in the tree
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:08 PM
Gravity manager
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined May 2011
71 Posts
By the way, do you guys also have most of the channels in reverse on the futaba? If i remember correct, rudder is the only channel not in reverse on the apprentice. Do youguys have the same?

Quote:
Quote:
Good man! Yeah, I've never had a single glitch with my Futaba T7C / R617FS combo(s). I've got that combo in all my big planes. Only thing I use my Spektrum DX6i for is my ultra-micro stuff. My DX6i is better than the DX5e/AR500 combo, but even so my DX6i has glitched a couple of times. That's why I don't use it with anything big or expensive.

Well, I guess that makes three of us that use Futabas with the Apprentice (and other, of course)!
Old Jun 05, 2011, 07:37 PM
Joined Aug 2009
227 Posts
Actually, elevator, throttle, rudder are all reversed on my Apprentice. The Aileron(s) are not reversed. Futaba T7C with R617FS receiver.

I use channels 1 and 6 for ailerons so I can adjust trims individually. Tried flaperons with that setup, and it didn't help any. By the time I got enough "flaps down" to slow the Apprentice, I had no aileron control anymore.

Interesting that you don't have your rudder reversed. Would have thought all Futabas would been the same. Different radio, different programming, I guess.