New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2008, 02:01 PM
Find More Posts by stacker
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,436 Posts
Thanks again guys.

Both edf55's and 51mm work well in this kit. I think going smaller in dia. helps make up a little for lost thrust from the bigger nacelles that use the edf64's. Also using small outrunners saves several ounces comp. to the inrunners.

Keven,
Good to see you back.

Cheers--Stacker
stacker is offline Find More Posts by stacker
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2008, 03:20 AM
Find More Posts by gws shaqchang
FAA Commercial Pilot
Taiwan
Joined Sep 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker
Thanks again guys.

Both edf55's and 51mm work well in this kit. I think going smaller in dia. helps make up a little for lost thrust from the bigger nacelles that use the edf64's. Also using small outrunners saves several ounces comp. to the inrunners.

Keven,
Good to see you back.

Cheers--Stacker

Stackers really enhances and glorifies the ME262......
it's awesome......

gws shaqchang is offline Find More Posts by gws shaqchang
Last edited by gws shaqchang; Nov 07, 2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old Nov 04, 2008, 04:26 AM
Find More Posts by keven64
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,507 Posts
Quote:
stacker said
Keven,
Good to see you back.
Thanks !

I reckon it's about time I dug out my EDF's and got something new built !

However, as it is two years since I bought anything new - I am a little 'out of date' with things.

I'll start with something easy... whilst deciding on which brushless motors to get to remotor my never-used brushed EDF-55's !

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:32 AM
Find More Posts by wingnutzster
Caravan driver
Lanseria airport South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
422 Posts
HI stacker...love your work man. I was reading through your b-24 thread when I was redirected to your brilliant B1 thread (I have always wanted to do a B1 and would likely employ similar techniques to you - although I am years behind you in terms of practice and skills) ...and that's when I saw your ME262 Nightfighter and had to say hi.

I am an avid ME262 fanatic and the Nightfighter has always been the most beautiful and menacing of the variants. I have several ebook and pdfs and tons of images of the Me and it's history and development (which I am happy to share) but most fortunate of all is that I live up the road from what I beleive is the world's only surviving nightfighter in the Military museuam at saxonwold South Africa.

I am sure you are aware of this bird but thought I would visit her again soon for some walkaround shots for a scratch 262 I am planning for later this month. Here's some pics found online.When I first saw the GWS Me my immediate thought was "I have to make her a nightfighter" I am so glad somone else had the same idea and pulled it off so well, however, as nice as the GWS bird is I think I want something one scale bigger and a little truer to scale profile.....especially the nacelles.

Love your work man!!
wingnutzster is offline Find More Posts by wingnutzster