Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 09, 2008, 09:57 AM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,296 Posts
Arbiter,

I'm prob. going to try to do the #12 plane. My airbrush will struggle with the fine dark gray over the light. I do like the green upper surfaces on this one and the #8's wing and tail.

Here is another link to a plastic model painted as #12, also some history according to the modeler.
http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/a...er/tmc262b.htm

Will see how it turns out? Might have to also think about doing #14 since it did not exist and then I can take liberties on paint.

I've modified a few adaptors using a lathe with pretty good results, still easy for bit to wonder a few thousands and ruin adaptor. I believe the proper methode is to ream to final dia. but most people are not equiped for this. Next set I mod. for 2.3 I will under drill by a few .000 and use Bill's technic to slowly work by hand. Also motor shafts can be over or under a little which does not help matters. To bad GWS did not use collit type adaptors in their design, since I believe this type to be the best overall for good results.

Cheers--Stacker
stacker is online now Find More Posts by stacker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2008, 06:13 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,191 Posts
Great work Stack! Nice to see this thread got back on track. I hate trolls.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:27 PM
We are Devo
New Jersey
Joined Jul 2008
2 Posts
Looks great, nice job with the painting !

GWD
GrandWingDevo is offline Find More Posts by GrandWingDevo
Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:08 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,296 Posts
Thanks guys,
Got the antenna made for better or worst. Last will be the dreaded canopy. Got to finish painting the poor crew.

Cheers--Stacker
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:42 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,191 Posts
Cool! Bring her to Vegas. With all the mods you do to these 262s, you should probably order a shipping container full of them.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:50 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,296 Posts
Got a little more done today. Started on the paint. After second coat then fuse will be airbrushed and conopy will be made.

Cheers--Sacker
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:35 PM
O stewardess I speak jive
Willits, CA
Joined Feb 2004
1,142 Posts
Nice job on the array. I thought the nightfighter paint schemes were more dark greys/black with hardly any earth tones? Go figure .
Jake Williams is offline Find More Posts by Jake Williams
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:08 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,296 Posts
Jake,
Antenna was a real pain! Don't think I want to do another unless it's for a HE219.
Check this model out. http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/a...er/tmc262b.htm

I thought they were also all grey and dark gray untill I started looking on the web. I think my green is to dark and I will prob. put one more lighter coat on of a bit lighter color. Fuse will have dark gray sploches on similar to the model. The green with white crosses on top might make it easier to see comp. to the light gray of the others, unless I fly with the green hils in the background.

Cheers--Stacker
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:18 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
I wounder, if we use twin EDF40 on her, will make her looks even more closer to a real one engine shape!

GWS EDF40 can out put 444g with BL2018 motor: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=848309

Yet since from such a small dia. EDF can get 444g, the airflow speed will much speedy!

I believe this will make the final topend speed go faster!?
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:20 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,296 Posts
Mr. Linn,
Yes I believe the edf40's would work and be even more scale. But 24 amps x2 and 4 cell bat. that will support 48 amps will be pretty heavy. Looks like you need a different KV motor. I think if you can get 11-12 ounces of thrust for 18-20 amps it would be better, esp. if it's a 3 cell to keep weight down.

This is just my opinion though, others my want higher current draw and four cells.

Cheers--Stacker
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:27 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,831 Posts
how the heck does a edf 40 hold up to 360W???????????? wheres a pic of that motor! :O
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:02 PM
Suspended Account
Mercer Co. PA
Joined Mar 2008
825 Posts
GWS262 with nearly scale nacelles

Well Dave I've been putting this one of for a while, but said I'd do it, so I'm finally on it.
GWS262 with Microfans and Hyperion Y22s 600kv motors. May have to really abuse the setup on 4s to get what I want out of it, but it'll go.
One nice touch is that the stock outlets are very small for a 64mm fan, so I didn't need to do too much downsizing on the outlets to get the dia down to 45mm. Just a 1/16" balsa ring shim around the heavy gloss paper thrust tube was all it took to resize. The fans had already been mounted in cutoff sections of A10 nacelles and were tested on another plane in flight, so they were just a matter of padding with depron to blend into the nacelles, after epoxying in place.

Bill
EDF30 is offline Find More Posts by EDF30
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:40 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,296 Posts
Bill,
Should work good on 3s. What kind of current are the microfans pulling with these motors?

Hope to vacuform my canopy this week and maybe finish the nightfighter up.

Cheers--Stacker
Old Jul 31, 2008, 09:18 PM
Suspended Account
Mercer Co. PA
Joined Mar 2008
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker
Bill,
Should work good on 3s. What kind of current are the microfans pulling with these motors?

Hope to vacuform my canopy this week and maybe finish the nightfighter up.

Cheers--Stacker
I'll have to check. I had the fans in my older rud/elev 262 scratchbuild as a testbed, but never checked them on the wattmeter. The high kv 370 inrunners are inefficient pigs, but in this case, I'm using them for the scale looking Microfan novelty. The Y22s 6000kv has been widely acknowledged as a good Microfan motor. Should obviously be better fitted to the 50mm fan, than they are to a 55mm fan. I used a 5400kv short can inrunner in an EDF55, and my conclusion was you would actually draw less current and have more power with something like a 4700kv long can.

The current draw actually is an issue, as I would like to use an EVO 3s-1800 for lighter weight. Probably will need the 2170 though, so as not to abuse the batt. I figure that the extended nacelles moves these motors far enough forward from stock that they will decrease the need for noseweight, even if they are lighter than the 3900kv GWS long cans.

Bill
EDF30 is offline Find More Posts by EDF30
Old Jul 31, 2008, 09:29 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
EDF64 tested with experimental BL out runner motors.

KV:4250 No load 3A EDF64
10V 20A 600g
11.1V 22A 620g
14.8V 33A 1000g

KV: 5250 No load 3.9A EDF64
10V 33A 730g
11.1V 39A 850g

Would be a great help to get more thrust!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO