HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:55 PM
East Yorkshire UK
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
He who sups alone with the Devil.....

Bejaisus and there's nothing I like better than poking a hornet's nest with a stick Sure get's em mad as hell So! let's have at you

Stacker: They do say that sarcasm is the highest form of flattery...so TKS for the compliment

Corsairnut: From your reply I suspect you suffer from "visual" dyslexia Must be to compare a F4 [either Wildcat or Phantom] with the A4 a plane which visibly suffers from ankolysing spondylosis. Ye Gods man, even a hump-backed whale looks more beautiful As for the "Buff" What can I say Ugly - yes; cool - no. In this class for beauty and cool try the Avro Vulcan

Javieropina. Meaning You show a beautiful photo but that is all. I know that colour pix sell themselves but those who look and
see [I] have a different perspective. Afraid you will have to do better than a pretty picture.

Cheers

Molders
molders is offline Find More Posts by molders
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:05 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
beauty is in the eye of the beholder...sorry to say this chap, but the english have some of the UGLIEST jets on the face of the planet...but once again, to each his own...that is how i feel...you may not like the A-4...i LOVE it, you like the vulcan...i love the later spit's and the sea fury, tempest...all GREAT looking birds...tornado..ehhh..dosnt do it for me...canabara...pretty cool, meteor...CLASSIC good lines, some of your stuff from the 60's though...defines the term ugly. you may not agree, but i dont agree on what you like. we could go on forever...it will always come back to personal opinion...staker makes some awsome models, he dares to be differnt, and i like that. he also dosnt give a crap about people that flame his models...if you think that the night fighter 262 is ugly, and he's wasting time...good for you, but dont come post that on HIS thread.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:48 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by molders
Bejaisus and there's nothing I like better than poking a hornet's nest with a stick Sure get's em mad as hell So! let's have at you

Stacker: They do say that sarcasm is the highest form of flattery...so TKS for the compliment

Corsairnut: From your reply I suspect you suffer from "visual" dyslexia Must be to compare a F4 [either Wildcat or Phantom] with the A4 a plane which visibly suffers from ankolysing spondylosis. Ye Gods man, even a hump-backed whale looks more beautiful As for the "Buff" What can I say Ugly - yes; cool - no. In this class for beauty and cool try the Avro Vulcan

Javieropina. Meaning You show a beautiful photo but that is all. I know that colour pix sell themselves but those who look and
see [I] have a different perspective. Afraid you will have to do better than a pretty picture.

Cheers

Molders
Gee, such a nice guy?? I see from your profile that you have done many builds, or maybe still working on them?? I'd love to see that EStarter with floats and that BN2, or is it a BN1 since you don't like things with two??

Always somebody who would rather poke things with sticks while others build things with them.

Cheers--Stacker
stacker is offline Find More Posts by stacker
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:15 AM
Suspended Account
Mercer Co. PA
Joined Mar 2008
825 Posts
Dave I think he really dosen't get the Luft thing. In all honesty, I think the single seat looks better, BUT, that dosen't mean that we don't want to have a single seat. It's different, and almost nobody has one. FSK seemed to understand that, and made one too. In fact, if you or I live long enough we'll probably build every Luft '46 jet we can, ugly or not.

Bill
EDF30 is offline Find More Posts by EDF30
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:50 AM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
I say you should build whatever you like and whatever makes you happy. If somebody doesn't like it, then they don't have to look at it or fly it. If you are having fun, then that is all that matters. That is the whole purpose of this hobby. I think your night fighter is cool because it is unusual. Keep up the good work Stacker!
thrashmaster71 is offline Find More Posts by thrashmaster71
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:28 AM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,169 Posts
I've seen better trolls.

I don't care for the two-seat variant myself, but it's certainly a very nice conversion.

I've an Me-262 NIB, thinking of converting to scale nacelles a la Stacker. Hate the look of the stock ones.
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:34 AM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,364 Posts
Thanks guys,
I have to say the single seater is my favorite also. Just needed a change after building several scratch and GWS ones. I really like the paint on the nightfighters and hope to try to get the look. If it turns out ok I'd like to make a scratch HE219 in about the same scale.

nsg,
GGRN has a buld thread showing how he made more scale nacelles on a scratch build. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883927 His are made from Depron and are more durable then the hot wire cut ones that I do. Might also be possible to make them smaller in dia. with this methode.

Some of the edf40 tests that Mr. Linn has done it may be possible to make the nacelles real scale soon. Also Bill has done super work with edf30's on smaller scratch 262's that look super.

Sorry this thread got sidetracked --- Stacker
Old Jun 26, 2008, 02:19 PM
East Yorkshire UK
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
Thread type

Now then Stacker, don't throw a wobbler Might do yourself an injury. If you look at the type of thread we are posting to, you will see it is a "discussion" type. In my book that means we discuss, which does not imply we have to agree. In this case it cannot be "sidetracked". Too many psychophants on this website already
As to my builds: Deep in the archives you will find pics of my E-Starter mit das floatsen on the local pond. Also deep therein pix of my BN2 in the markings of a fictitious Luftwaffe Transport unit, My Me.bf.109 complete with a 32nd. scale plastic of the same a/c [to illustrate the vast difference between RLM 02 produced by paint manufacturers] and my Me. 262 in late war colours complete with D.o.R. fuse bands.
Current project is a FW 190 "Dora", kit designed by Adrian Britton and produced by Fellside Precision Engineers. There is a lengthy build thread on the forum.

EDF30 When and how did Luft '46 get into the conversation The Me. 262 was operational and not classed as Luft '46
I also like your axiomoron...."almost nobody" Seems like a well-educated chap

Cheers

Molders
Old Jun 26, 2008, 04:13 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
atleast were not discussing the "nimrod" british bird....you look at that too long, you'll start to vomit after about 30 seconds... doh!
or do you brit's consider that one, ugly yet cool?
Old Jun 26, 2008, 04:27 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,364 Posts
Now, now Molders, I'm glade you stoped me from throwing my wobbler?? I'm sorry, I'm not sure what a wobbler is? It is either a fishing lure, or a Norwegian progressive rock band??

Well-educated, sorry not me. I'll have to check out that deep archive though for pics of your E-Starter mit das floatsen on the local pond. Man those athentic RLM colors must look great on you BN1. Me on the other hand, I use girlyboy blue for RLM76 and bean green for RLM82. O, hippo grey is nice also.

Again, thanks --Stacker
Old Jun 27, 2008, 02:29 PM
East Yorkshire UK
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
The great unwashed!

Corsairnut. So It's a case of "us brits" [should have had a capital B] versus "you Colonials" Seems we are back to the "Buff" but this time vs. the Nimrod. Still ain't got much taste have ye?? In my book it is still "no contest". And I don't need reminding either. Just down the road a wee bittie there is an airfield with both AWACS and Nimrods.

Stacker. Before considering a discussion on the meaning of "a wobbler" I suggest you first learn to see and not just look I never even hinted that my BN2 had any RLM 02. In fact it is overall Dark Green. It is the 2 versions of the Me. Bf 109 that has RLM02.

Cheers

Molders
Old Jun 27, 2008, 03:04 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
well the B-52 has some REAL history behind it...been fighting in REAL conflicts for about 50 years now. yeah its ugly alright, but theres something to be said about a bird with history behind it..like a spit, or a mustang, or a huricane, or a P-47. the history is makes them interesting to model. just like stack's 2 seat 262. those germans were so far ahead of everybody else, their technology was years past everyone. if they wouldnt have been bombarded on all sides, non stop, they very well would have won the war. shoot, they had bombers in the works that could have reached out shores. swept wing, forward dwept wings, delta wings, rocket powered birds, balistic missiles, cruise missles(V-1's) flying wings....while were all thinking the P-51 and spit are top of the line...straight wing...piston powered... to me, as a scale modeler, there is far more to airplanes than those that just look good, or are easy to replicate, or easy to fly. theres a atraction to the challenge of making something that dosnt fit into modeling well, and make it fly. staker has made birds like the F-104, F-105, W wing german bomber, B-52, B-58...all fly very well...and these are birds that he draws up on CAD himself. much more than just about anybody can say. designed, built and flown by him. if he choses to accept the challenge of dealing with all the radar antena's...the home made double canopy, for the sake of beeing differnt, and doing a model that is very rarely done...more power too him. im sure he took into consideration all the design troubles/flying troubles of the extra antena's up front...he is by no means a idiot. if he choses to build it...leave the guy alone..dont come on here, slamming on somebodys build. i think the gws BN2 is stupid looking...but i dont go around to peoples threads saying.."hey, why the heck would you want to build and fly that ugly thing?" just isnt proper eh ol' chap.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 03:42 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,364 Posts
Molders, I'm truly sorry I got your Bn2 and RLM's mixed up, but you know I almost had a wobbler?? Which has left me a little out of sorts, or shorts depending on what a wobbler is.

Last night I felt so bad about what had become of my simple thread I stopped at the local biker bar, the one with the dirt floor covered in peanut shells, after a few drinks I asked the waitress if she knew what a wobbler was?? Figured you must have had this in mind since I was tossed out of the place by a couple of leather clad brutes with metal working hammers in their pockets. Good thing I had my AMA card on me or they may have wobbled me a good one??.

What does this have to to with anything?? Same as what this thread has turned into, notta.

Cheer---Stacker
Old Jun 27, 2008, 04:08 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,364 Posts
Here's a try at getting this thread back on a track. You guys seen these 1/18th 262's? Pretty good for ref. These are all pre-painted display models and sell for around 60-70 US. Available in both a two seat nightfighter and single seater.

--Stacker
Old Jun 27, 2008, 04:45 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
heck, id do the 2 seat version jsut so i could do that paint job! WOW! i thought they had more antena's than that though? could be wrong i guess. keep pluggin away dave...i know she'll be a bute! is this baby going to have fixed gear?