to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:50 PM
Joined Sep 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seearestacey View Post
"Update: Nine states looking to restrict UAV use, more coming..."

http://www.dronejournalismlab.org/po...t-uav-use-more

Has anyone heard anything about Utah's plans or intentions?
Anything in Utah would be at least a year away. The 45 day legislative session is a week into it. In Utah all bills MUST be pre-filed before the session begins and there wasn't anything dealing with it this year.

(Hey I'm a sick puppy, I admit it, week before the session starts I get online and take a gander at the pre-filed bills so I know if anything is going to effect my work and my pocketbook.)
UTrider is offline Find More Posts by UTrider
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:37 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
That's good advice, but then I'd just get upset at the BS...

I'm kind of like Dennis Miller these days. I just walk around with my zombie face on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTrider View Post
Anything in Utah would be at least a year away. The 45 day legislative session is a week into it. In Utah all bills MUST be pre-filed before the session begins and there wasn't anything dealing with it this year.

(Hey I'm a sick puppy, I admit it, week before the session starts I get online and take a gander at the pre-filed bills so I know if anything is going to effect my work and my pocketbook.)
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:43 PM
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Jan 2009
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC View Post
Yesterdays flight.
Excellent video, Ryan!
monson987 is offline Find More Posts by monson987
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:57 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,081 Posts
Thanks guys. It was fun to get out again and fly. I forgot how fun it was.
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:44 PM
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
well I bought the frsky tx and rx setup for my 9x the telemetry ones and then decided to get dragonlink so now drogonlink is on the way. I just can't stop upgrading lol hope it's as awesome as the reviews say it is. I am also thinking of going with 1.2 or 1.3 for video any thought? thanks!
muhkaydenz is offline Find More Posts by muhkaydenz
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:26 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhkaydenz View Post
well I bought the frsky tx and rx setup for my 9x the telemetry ones and then decided to get dragonlink so now drogonlink is on the way. I just can't stop upgrading lol hope it's as awesome as the reviews say it is. I am also thinking of going with 1.2 or 1.3 for video any thought? thanks!
Order a low pass filter for your uhf tx.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:49 PM
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
Or for regular 2.4 control. That's what brought down my DRXL on its maiden fpv flight. 2.4 control with 1.3 fpv = no control at all, 100 ft out = mangled cloverleaf = really short, slightly embarrassing footage on GoPro.
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:14 AM
HAL knows!
United States, UT, Lindon
Joined Feb 2013
21 Posts
Hey everyone - I'm new to this forum, and real new to FPV. I do a lot of documentary film and got into flying to get some establishing shots of different areas, to up the production values. I'd like to hook up with anyone flying in Utah county and see some of the FPV setups you all have. I got addicted after my first quad flight (been flying heli's for years). My wallet has a hard time forgiving me Let me know when anyone is out in the local.
Hello Dave is offline Find More Posts by Hello Dave
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:31 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Order a low pass filter for your uhf tx.
I was on my phone when I wrote this.

Let me expound...

The Dragonlink is 433 Mhz, and it has a 3rd harmonic at about 1299 Mhz.

You may think that it is far enough from 1280 Mhz, but not when you get the transmitter near any of your groundstation components.

I have run a low pass filter on my chainlink for a long time and it makes a difference.
I had a fellow FPV'er who uses DL, and 1280 Mhz, and he used my groundstation. When he got close to the GS, he completely lost video.

He had to stand about 10' back so he wouldn't loose video.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the one that I use, and I place it on top of the LRS Tx,

between the LRS Tx and the Tx antenna.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...362-ND/2339514
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:35 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Hey

I'm a long ways north of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Dave View Post
Hey everyone - I'm new to this forum, and real new to FPV. I do a lot of documentary film and got into flying to get some establishing shots of different areas, to up the production values. I'd like to hook up with anyone flying in Utah county and see some of the FPV setups you all have. I got addicted after my first quad flight (been flying heli's for years). My wallet has a hard time forgiving me Let me know when anyone is out in the local.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:59 AM
HAL knows!
Joined Feb 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Hey

I'm a long ways north of you...
I spend a lot of time up north - I take my kids up to visit the grandparents in Wellsville just south of Logan. Great country to do some FPV up there. I'd like to go up to the top of Willard Peak some time and see what I can get I'm not opposed to a little travel
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:10 AM
Crash....Fix......repeat.
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Jan 2012
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Dave View Post
I'm out yonder west ways of you. Soon as the weather is favorable I'll be doing some testing. I'm fairly new to FPV as well.
kokopropelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopropelli
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:51 AM
HAL knows!
Joined Feb 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminiryan View Post
I'm out yonder west ways of you. Soon as the weather is favorable I'll be doing some testing. I'm fairly new to FPV as well.
I would love to get together. Eagle Mountain area is probably a great place to open it up. Let me know when you are ready to go out. It will be nice to see how another set up is working.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:49 AM
HAL knows!
Joined Feb 2013
21 Posts
I feel the winds of change picking up... Hopefully the weather is starting to change Can't wait for spring.