SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:27 PM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
seearestacey's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Stacey,
where have you been?


I followed that thread. It is just like all other politics; If I get too upset, I should walk away so I don't make an


of myself.


I finally figured that thread out though.

It seems that the proposals are pretty much set in stone. It is really about 5 or 6 years too late to change anything.

The top players are already set in stone.

So the purpose of that thread is for people who like to ramble and argue and fight.

I had to unsubscribe after loosing my cool on someone who didn't deserve it (I apologized).
It was one of my moments of weakness, and the bickering and fighting got under my skin.

To me... That thread is useless until 2015, when the new rules are to take effect.

-Mike
I haven't been following things too much for a while, but I did stumble across that. I didn't even read that very much. What's the general idea? Getting ready to shut us down? I thought the petition was kind of vague, and with only 11 signatures, it doesn't appear to have much steam. Just wondering what ya'll thought.
seearestacey is online now Find More Posts by seearestacey
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:36 PM
Registered User
Davidpe's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Feb 2012
185 Posts
Did you guys see this regarding Oregon airspace? It's a 2013 proposal.

http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/mea...0071.intro.pdf

Here's the jist:

(1) “Airspace of Oregon” means the space above the ground that is not part of airspace
governed by federal law.
(2) “Drone” means an unmanned flying machine that is capable of:
(a) Capturing images of objects or people on the ground or in the air;
(b) Intercepting communications on the ground or in the air; or
(c) Firing a bullet or other projectile.
(3) “Public body” has the meaning given in ORS 174.109.
SECTION 2. (1) A person may not possess or control a drone unless permitted to do so
by the federal government or by the Oregon Department of Aviation under section 7 of this
2013 Act.
(2) A person who possesses or controls a drone in violation of subsection (1) of this section
commits a Class B misdemeanor.
(3) A person who possesses or controls a drone in violation of subsection (1) of this section
and uses the drone to capture an image of a person or object on the ground or in the
air commits a Class A misdemeanor.
(4) A person who possesses or controls a drone in violation of subsection (1) of this section
and uses the drone to fire a bullet or other projectile commits a Class C felony
Davidpe is offline Find More Posts by Davidpe
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:17 PM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
seearestacey's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
410 Posts
Interesting to me; is that to my knowledge Google never asked anybody if they were OK with having every square inch of the city modeled up, aerial photographed, street viewed, ect .so that anybody who comes across your address can easily survey your property and even see what car is in the driveway. They just did it... and that is that. They can then Zillow your home value and the list goes on. People happily Facebook and twitter every aspect of their own personal lives... voluntarily! Yet if someone goes to the park with a quadcopter and a GoPro, they FREAK OUT. And exclaim; "That could be used to spy on your neighbor!!" Then have knee jerk reactions like this to make laws against it.
seearestacey is online now Find More Posts by seearestacey
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:31 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
JONBOYLEMON's Avatar
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,050 Posts
While shooting a bullet from a rc drone sure sounds reasonable enough, the rest seems like a big knee jerk. Pray someone opposes this and this does not pass.

So proud of our politicians!!!!! They never fail to represent me!Where is the throwing up in my lap emoticon?
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:49 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
While shooting a bullet from a rc drone sure sounds reasonable enough, the rest seems like a big knee jerk. Pray someone opposes this and this does not pass.

So proud of our politicians!!!!! They never fail to represent me!Where is the throwing up in my lap emoticon?
Here it is

m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:20 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
"Wakie Wake"


QAV 500 Winter FPV (3 min 16 sec)
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:54 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
JONBOYLEMON's Avatar
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,050 Posts
Great video! That shot at the end was perfect!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:33 AM
A different attitude to RC
extremewing's Avatar
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
So that covers an RC aircraft with a keychain camera under line of sight normal control - no FPV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpe View Post
Did you guys see this regarding Oregon airspace? It's a 2013 proposal.

http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/mea...0071.intro.pdf

Here's the jist:

(1) “Airspace of Oregon” means the space above the ground that is not part of airspace
governed by federal law.
(2) “Drone” means an unmanned flying machine that is capable of:
(a) Capturing images of objects or people on the ground or in the air;
(b) Intercepting communications on the ground or in the air; or
(c) Firing a bullet or other projectile.
(3) “Public body” has the meaning given in ORS 174.109.
SECTION 2. (1) A person may not possess or control a drone unless permitted to do so
by the federal government or by the Oregon Department of Aviation under section 7 of this
2013 Act.
(2) A person who possesses or controls a drone in violation of subsection (1) of this section
commits a Class B misdemeanor.
(3) A person who possesses or controls a drone in violation of subsection (1) of this section
and uses the drone to capture an image of a person or object on the ground or in the
air commits a Class A misdemeanor.
(4) A person who possesses or controls a drone in violation of subsection (1) of this section
and uses the drone to fire a bullet or other projectile commits a Class C felony
extremewing is offline Find More Posts by extremewing
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:52 PM
Crash....Fix......repeat.
kokopropelli's Avatar
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Jan 2012
451 Posts
Here's a thread with a lot of discussion about this and other issue. I really can't make much sense of what Oregon is doing.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911761
kokopropelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopropelli
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:35 PM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
seearestacey's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
410 Posts
Where is Todd? Haven't seen him on here for a while.
seearestacey is online now Find More Posts by seearestacey
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:13 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
JONBOYLEMON's Avatar
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,050 Posts
I think he is in a cell in Leavenworth...

Something about flying a plane with a camera on it. Hes looking @ 60 to life.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:46 PM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
seearestacey's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
I think he is in a cell in Leavenworth...

Something about flying a plane with a camera on it. Hes looking @ 60 to life.
Ha Ha, Funny!
seearestacey is online now Find More Posts by seearestacey
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:00 PM
hot air rises...
jfinch's Avatar
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seearestacey View Post
They can then Zillow your home value
Cool. I didn't know that existed.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:03 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
I was kind of playing around with some video again, this is todays' session.

QAV500 FPV quadcopter (4 min 56 sec)
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:24 PM
Registered User
Davidpe's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Feb 2012
185 Posts
Nice one Mike. How do you like the QAV500?

I just sold my HT-FPV and I think I'm debating between the QAV500 or the TBS DISCO.

I have a lot of FPV friends who are flying the QAV and love it. Most are using the Arvoto 2814 short shaft motors and flashed hobbyking f30 ESCs.
Davidpe is offline Find More Posts by Davidpe
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Digital cameraes used for aerial photography JensJakob Electric Plane Talk 22 Jan 22, 2014 09:41 AM
Best Camera for aerial photography? BillH Electric Plane Talk 26 Dec 11, 2010 07:14 AM
Aerial Photography dstout Parkflyers 10 May 13, 2002 03:15 PM
Best plane for aerial photography dgtaylor Electric Plane Talk 18 Oct 01, 2001 02:21 AM
Aerial photography - first attempts leccyflyer Electric Plane Talk 11 Jul 29, 2001 03:20 PM