SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 01, 2012, 02:36 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,397 Posts
Todd,

I'm pretty serious about this NAZA FC, so I double checked your issue with the NAZA thread.

this is one of the answers that I got back.

[Quote]

He needs to increase his ATTI gains. I don't have that problem and actually run with 30% expo in both ATTI and Manual.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 10:44 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,911 Posts
Mike,

Increasing the gains would be easy to do if I hadn't lost my stupid programming chord on my last FPV trip.

Rather than using a typical USB Mini chord, they have a custom USB chord that's even smaller than a mini. Without it, you can't program.

The Naza interface is really easy to use. I do like that about the NAZA.

I may have to run up to Mike's or Scott's to borrow their chord, or find out where to get another one.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2012, 11:25 AM
ɯoɔ˙sǝıqqoɥɥɔǝʇlɐıɹǝɐ ˙ʍʍʍ
United States, UT, Lehi
Joined Apr 2005
632 Posts
I've tried a number of flight controllers: XAircraft V1/V2, KKMulticopter Blue, 5.5 Black, Latest Black, HK KK Clone, Bumble Bee, HoverFly, DJI WooKong, DJI Naza. I still wouldn't mind trying a Open Pilot CC FC and the multi wii just so I can compare.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Naza it comes in 2nd to the WooKong.

Mike K.
smileyz is offline Find More Posts by smileyz
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2012, 11:00 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyz View Post
I've tried a number of flight controllers: XAircraft V1/V2, KKMulticopter Blue, 5.5 Black, Latest Black, HK KK Clone, Bumble Bee, HoverFly, DJI WooKong, DJI Naza. I still wouldn't mind trying a Open Pilot CC FC and the multi wii just so I can compare.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Naza it comes in 2nd to the WooKong.

Mike K.
Agree. I love my NAZA. Only second to my OPCC!

For someone new to the quad thing, NAZA can't be beat. The setup is super easy and give lots of options that you can choose to use, or not.
Davidpe is offline Find More Posts by Davidpe
Old May 02, 2012, 02:46 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpe View Post
Agree. I love my NAZA. Only second to my OPCC!

For someone new to the quad thing, NAZA can't be beat. The setup is super easy and give lots of options that you can choose to use, or not.
I like the stability that it appears to have. I will want to use it for FPV, so

for me; The stability will be extrememly important.

I've seen some videos where people are performing some aerobatic maneuvers, and it seems quite versatile.
Old May 02, 2012, 08:43 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,911 Posts
K, I figured out my NAZA issue. I pulled out my propeller speed indicator and did a speed test on my props. One of the motors was spinning slower than the others, not by much, but I swapped it out anyway just in case. Now it flies fine. Scott and Mike called and suggested I crank my gains up. That didn't help, where I had them originally works best. It's flying stable again. Not sure why that motor's spinning slower than the others, I'm gonna tear it apart and see what's up with it.

In the process of fiddling with it, I discovered that I like my gains right where they were, but programmed gains to a variable slider on my radio, so I can adjust it in flight if I want to. I like that you can do that.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Wind_of_Change; May 02, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 11:34 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
K, I figured out my NAZA issue. I pulled out my propeller speed indicator and did a speed test on my props. One of the motors was spinning slower than the others, not by much, but I swapped it out anyway just in case. Now it flies fine. Scott and Mike called and suggested I crank my gains up. That didn't help, where I had them originally works best. It's flying stable again. Not sure why that motor's spinning slower than the others, I'm gonna tear it apart and see what's up with it.

In the process of fiddling with it, I discovered that I like my gains right where they were, but programmed gains to a variable slider on my radio, so I can adjust it in flight if I want to. I like that you can do that.
I think you should unload it for cheap
Old May 02, 2012, 11:48 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,911 Posts
I only unload my RC gear one way...

TKO.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 12:57 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
I only unload my RC gear one way...

TKO.
in that case, lets hope not...
Old May 03, 2012, 06:59 PM
Mountain? What mount..CRASH!!
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2008
134 Posts
might want to watch this tonight at 10
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=20207150&nid...=tonight-at-10

Sounds like they are going to put a negative spin on FPV. Probably because the fox 13 story wasn't sensational/negative enough. Will just have to wait and see.
cardo is offline Find More Posts by cardo
Old May 03, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Oct 2008
35 Posts
They need to do a story on the great and wonderful things are hobby can contribute

to the world, like search and rescue. There just putting a negative thoughts

in to the public, about something that they just don't understand. Privacy outdoors

is stupid. If you have something to hide put it indoors. ALSO I and probably most

of the FPV community doesn't give a rats A$$ about what is in backyards, or spying

on people and such, Its more about exploration, and experiencing things most

people only dream of.
jetboy_05 is offline Find More Posts by jetboy_05
Old May 03, 2012, 08:58 PM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
425 Posts
Yeah, you are absolutely right jetboy.
Raise your hand if you've ever been violated or spied on by an FPV'er.... Anyone??
A lot of people don't even know what's out there really, and never even heard of FPV. Stories like this raise unnecessary fears and stir things up for absolutely no reason. I could care less about what's in someone's yard. It's all about flying. Google earth and street view spy on more people than any FPV'er ever could. Just give someone an address and they can street view your house, and zoom right in on the backyard. Why isn't there an outcry over that? Heck they can even see what your house is worth and everything. I just hope stuff like this doesn’t ruin it for everyone.
seearestacey is offline Find More Posts by seearestacey
Old May 04, 2012, 12:20 AM
Design, Build, and Fly
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Joined Nov 2001
382 Posts
Phew!

Ok, I'd say that was fairly positive. Agreed?

-Steve
KatanaGuy is offline Find More Posts by KatanaGuy
Old May 04, 2012, 12:22 AM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Oct 2008
35 Posts
Wow that story sounded pretty positive, I'm pretty happy

Brad
jetboy_05 is offline Find More Posts by jetboy_05
Old May 04, 2012, 12:22 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,397 Posts
channel 5

Ok,

I just gotta say it.

These news organizations are winging it, like they know, but they have no clue.

I saw a couple of examples of organizations using fpv / ap for commercial purposes, and as much as I would like to see it legalized, it is not legal to use this technology for commercial purposes. This includes news organizations and schools.

Then the 400' rule was wrong. as of right now there is no written law which restricts the hobbiest. that rule is only enforced at AMA sanctioned fields.