Todd's boobie pack & head antenna.
Scooter33 is offline Find More Posts by Scooter33
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:16 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,847 Posts
Yeah man, check out that automatic antenna tracker! That's high tech!

Took you guys almost an hour to set up your massive ground station, with covered tent, giant car batteries & inverters, tripods in the truck bed, tables, chairs, Big LCD monitor that's barely visible in the sunlight, wires coming and going everywhere and nowhere...

I plug in two batteries, put on the headplays, hit record on the GoPro and just fly. And I've got an intelligent antenna tracker! Haha!

Yeah, it looks pretty stupid, but I'm smiling on the inside as I watch my on-board camera turn to look down the banking wing of my plane as I circle around your massive ground station that's so big I can barely get it all in my view at 500 feet!

Speaking of massive ground stations, I'm ordering that Oracle diversity system... that thing rocks! Still trying to decide on my tripod... and hmm, $400 for a full-on GPS tracker isn't all THAT much money!

I drove straight to WalMart after my truck wouldn't start again, got a new truck battery... and bought one of those cool inverters with the digital readout.

Haha... I'm playing keeping up with the Joneses, both of them!
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:32 PM
ɯoɔ˙sǝıqqoɥɥɔǝʇlɐıɹǝɐ ˙ʍʍʍ
United States, UT, Lehi
Joined Apr 2005
632 Posts
Todd,

Where you ordering your Oracle Diversity controller from? I'm still trying to find someone that actually has stock. The previous place I ordered one from is currently out of stock. Now that Scott took the one I HAD I need another one for myself...

Can't wait to see the Boobie Pack V2 with Oracle Diversity and 2 Antenna's tapped to your head...lol

Mike K.
smileyz is offline Find More Posts by smileyz
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:20 AM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,068 Posts
Hey Todd,
Can I borrow your FPV Nerd costume? Our ward is having a Halloween party and this year I wanted to find something that would really freak the kids out!

On a side note, I’m going to check out Bridal Veil falls today. I have my skywalker with me so just scouting but hopefully will provide some good info for those of you that want to shoot the falls. I’m planning for 2pm and will likely be setting up in the parking lot just off the hi-way unless I can find a better place.
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:53 AM
THEY MOSTLY COME OUT AT NIGHT
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC View Post
Hey Todd,
Can I borrow your FPV Nerd costume? Our ward is having a Halloween party and this year I wanted to find something that would really freak the kids out!

On a side note, Iím going to check out Bridal Veil falls today. I have my skywalker with me so just scouting but hopefully will provide some good info for those of you that want to shoot the falls. Iím planning for 2pm and will likely be setting up in the parking lot just off the hi-way unless I can find a better place.
If you get off at Vivian park there is a little road (stay left) that runs up to a parking area right across from the falls. The angle is steep so watch reception/polarization. The other option might be to go up the canyon a little and flip around and find a spot on the North side of the road. I didn't get a chance to look there.
chimaera is offline Find More Posts by chimaera
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:57 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,982 Posts
While you guysa re there, you might as well do a flight through the tunnels!!!! Not FPV, but chasing in a vehicle just with your own eyes!!!! Have always wanted to do that and then circle up around Sundace.
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:07 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,068 Posts
I'm changing were I'm flying from. I'm going past the falls by about 1/2 mile. There is a small field area to take off and land in. McGregor is bringing his Grim so we might get some good stuff.

Maybe next week we can do the tunnels.
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:15 PM
Joined May 2002
16,982 Posts
Yep, back in the day when I was getting all my FPV stuff, I had a connection at Sundace and was going to ride the lift up to the top while my plane chased me up to the top of the mtn, then fly over to the falls from the top, and then do the tunnel chase, and then fly under the bridge and around the spillway @ Deer Creek.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:37 PM
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Yep, back in the day when I was getting all my FPV stuff, I had a connection at Sundace and was going to ride the lift up to the top while my plane chased me up to the top of the mtn, then fly over to the falls from the top, and then do the tunnel chase, and then fly under the bridge and around the spillway @ Deer Creek.

If I can figure out how to do it, I would love to have a run at Sundance some day. I'm not sure how open they are to this sort of thing, but maybe we could sneek a plane up the lift Right now I'm just trying to get very very comfortable with the gear I'm using now. I need to know that it is solid for at least a couple of dozen more flights. I'm still not sure what the limits are. I hope to be proficient enough with proximity that I can do some cool stuff next spring.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:41 PM
Joined May 2002
16,982 Posts
I know the GM @ Sundance, Great guy! I would wager if your movie had Sundance in the title on YT he would be happy to swap a ride for the advertising.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:14 PM
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
I know the GM @ Sundance, Great guy! I would wager if your movie had Sundance in the title on YT he would be happy to swap a ride for the advertising.
That would be sweet!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:20 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Throwable Panoramic Ball Camera (1 min 41 sec)
!
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:32 PM
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
That has to have a nice fat price tag. Sweet idea.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:58 PM
Joined May 2002
16,982 Posts
Did anyone do anything super cool today???
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:58 PM
ɯoɔ˙sǝıqqoɥɥɔǝʇlɐıɹǝɐ ˙ʍʍʍ
United States, UT, Lehi
Joined Apr 2005
632 Posts
You'd have to ask Scott that one... Not sure he wants to talk about it...lol

Mike K.
smileyz is offline Find More Posts by smileyz
RCG Plus Member