HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:20 AM
ɯoɔ˙sǝıqqoɥɥɔǝʇlɐıɹǝɐ ˙ʍʍʍ
United States, UT, Lehi
Joined Apr 2005
632 Posts
I haven't received anything yet. Ordered on April 18th hoping the order shows up soon...

Mike K.
smileyz is offline Find More Posts by smileyz
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:56 AM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
Nate & I played a game of FPV hide-and-seek yesterday. We launched separately, flew out to an area about 1.5 miles away, and then tried to find each other. Very fun. When Nate spotted me, I spun my camera around for a rear angle and captured some footage of him chasing me. It's not the most stunning video of FPV you'll ever see -- not even close -- but represents a personal milestone, something we've been wanting to do for that last 18 months ever since we ditched our one-channel downlink and switched to a multi-channel system that lets us fly tandem. Everything finally combined to make this happen: we both actually had time to fly at the same hour of the same day, the weather cooperated (except it was a bit windy as you can see by how much we were bouncing around), both of our planes were actually fully functioning in every respect and at the same time, and we both had the nerve to just go for it.

FPV: Close Encounter, Far Away (1 min 7 sec)
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Jun 19, 2011, 03:38 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,082 Posts
Very cool!
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:32 PM
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Jan 2009
779 Posts
Congrats on the successful hide-and-seek session!
monson987 is offline Find More Posts by monson987
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:41 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,039 Posts
Pretty cool game!!!!! Would be even easier @ night w/ lights!!!!! And would make even better video?????
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:22 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
Oooooh, hide-and-seek in the dark! I like it. Especially with Nate's new Skywalker. The thing is all lit up from the inside with approximately 1,687,327,952 LEDs and would be super easy to spot. My plane, on the other hand, only has about 12 LEDs (just enough so I can land it when I goggle off), so I have a pretty good idea who would win.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:47 PM
THEY MOSTLY COME OUT AT NIGHT
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Elevator View Post
Oooooh, hide-and-seek in the dark! I like it. Especially with Nate's new Skywalker. The thing is all lit up from the inside with approximately 1,687,327,952 LEDs and would be super easy to spot. My plane, on the other hand, only has about 12 LEDs (just enough so I can land it when I goggle off), so I have a pretty good idea who would win.

You are actualyy off by 12 LEDS

smileyz I got the mask. Thanks again for doing that. I hope it wasn't too big of a pain. Now to find some good ski goggles...
chimaera is offline Find More Posts by chimaera
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:57 PM
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Holy cow this guy keeps on going with a 14dbi patch only. 63 kilometers and 6+ hour flights.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456146
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:44 PM
ɯoɔ˙sǝıqqoɥɥɔǝʇlɐıɹǝɐ ˙ʍʍʍ
United States, UT, Lehi
Joined Apr 2005
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimaera View Post
smileyz I got the mask. Thanks again for doing that. I hope it wasn't too big of a pain. Now to find some good ski goggles...
Glad you got it was in a major rush was late for a Birthday/Fathers day dinner.

Mike K.
smileyz is offline Find More Posts by smileyz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:19 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,983 Posts
This was shown today at the Paris Airshow. Looks like something you guys could build.
Quote:
This is ETOP, "a pure electric power airborne tethered observation platform," from IAI, as seen at the Paris Air Show. It features: low maintenance, full automation, low noise, unlimited hovering, single-click operation, "deployment to full operation and recovery to basic status within seconds," and more. It has a maximum payload of 44 pounds, and can carry multiple sensors. It can fly up to 328 feet high.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/2300-11386_3-10...#ixzz1PrwbtVa1
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:27 AM
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Jan 2009
779 Posts
I wish I could build a quad heli with a 44 lb payload! The possibilities would be endless...

Nate, let me know if you find a pair of goggles that are especially good to use. I don't even know where to start looking. (Do you have a set of headplays too?)
monson987 is offline Find More Posts by monson987
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:54 AM
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monson987 View Post
I wish I could build a quad heli with a 44 lb payload! The possibilities would be endless...

Nate, let me know if you find a pair of goggles that are especially good to use. I don't even know where to start looking. (Do you have a set of headplays too?)
Yeah with ski season over that might be a problem.

I have bought my first pair of HPs about two years ago for an obscene amount. When I saw them for $100 a had to buy a second pair just so I didn't feel so ripped off. I'm sure that reasoning is very flawed. I also have two Trimmersions that I got for $50 bucks so the bystanders can have a look.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:38 AM
hmph!
United States, UT, Logan
Joined Dec 2008
822 Posts
Anybody know if anyone is bringing any FPV gear to the Bridgerland RC Fun Fly this Friday and Saturday?
ASB32 is offline Find More Posts by ASB32
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:31 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Hi

Hey guys,

Figured I'd better introduce myself.

I live in North Ogden, UT

& I just started flying FPV. very fun...

Interresting thing happened the other day:

I took my SkyWalker out for it's maiden, and there was a guy a couple of blocks away who was testing his new FPV gear. He picked up my flight on his equipment,

and chased me down the next time he saw my plane flying.

Come to find out, there are at least 3 of us in my area who are beginning FPV'ers

I need to take some time and catch up on this thread.

Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:35 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,082 Posts
Welcome Mike. If you have any questions about anything at all, Darth or Chimaera are the ones to ask. They know it all and if they don't, they can find it.
Ryan
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC