Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:13 AM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,468 Posts
Sean, that is but the very tip of the iceberg. When it comes to sailplanes, my wants definitely exceed my available storage space. I have somewhere around 300 plans on my computer, they are a mix of sailplane and old timer designs, with a few designs from the 1970's. Windfree, Aquila, Wanderer just to name a few. But most of the plans I have are obscure designs ranging from the late 30's through the 50's. Here is another one, its called the Sparrow, that I think would make an exceptional sloper. It would get a wee bit less dihedral and maybe a little newer airfoil should I ever get to building it.

I also still want to build a Moswey III, that is one that you are probably familiar with Sean. Straight from the golden era of the full size gull wing sailplanes. I have not found a source for plans for that one but I continue looking.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Last edited by Windependence; Mar 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:50 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
[QUOTE=IHAVAWDY;24374366]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
I agree LH. The models of the 80s had a certain look to them. Maybe it's the lack of carbon fiber showing all over the place.

Hummm....and now.....Flash forward to the twenty first century, a little carbon is in! and no plastic canopy LOL

* shameless plug for the S7

Woody we will have to put the S7 on the wall of the poolroom, the more you look at it the better it gets.

^^^^ Jeff!! save your money and time my venerable friend! there are better things to spend them on and besides kicking my already sore @rse. You know me enough that I will see to my own errors, being the strict self-disciplinarian.
Forgive my lapse of reason and faith!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:57 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,075 Posts
Wayne, Sparrow looks awesome! I think I told you about the older gent that gave me boxes of FF plans a while back? Just digging through them is a blast by itself.

Valkyrie!!! That's the Goldberg creation I was trying to name last night! I saw one at Triple Tree a few years ago. Serious cool factor all around.

Jeff: You're doing it right! Get them youngun's started early on everything you can. My grandson is fascinated with lawn mowers. Grandpa is going to let him ride his rear off in a few more years (on my yard).

I spent two days on my knees laying down those Teak tiles on my front porch this weekend. Turned out super cool looking but I am "car wreck" sore. I can physically work all day every day (which I do) but I can't do the squat on my knees position much anymore. Wish I could find the guy that twisted my arm and made me ride motorcycles and skateboards when I was a teen. I'd kick his rear end!

Oh wait, I did that to myself...............................

Katie: Got to spend a couple of days at the farm this week. I will vigilantly search for your man eater seeds.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:22 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Yeah... I try to do it right my friend but I never thought I'd be "GrandPa Jeff" at ANY point in my life. However I was just told that the Munchkin is off from school for the next week. This of course means that I'll be watching her the majority of the time. There goes any hope of real progress on the CAD work this week. I'm already thinking of ways to bribe the Munchkin to behave and projects to keep her busy. Some with and some without my help.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:55 PM
AMA 5285 LSF 8104
United States, OR, Hood River
Joined Aug 2008
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence View Post

I also still want to build a Moswey III, that is one that you are probably familiar with Sean. Straight from the golden era of the full size gull wing sailplanes. I have not found a source for plans for that one but I continue looking.

Wayne
Wayne,

Let me know when you want detail photo's... have a full size Moswey III across the runway. Also a Sparlinger III, Slingsby Kite, Slingsby Petrel, a Condor, and a Rhonbussard (arriving soon). They are talking about having a Vintage Glider day this year. Will definitely have the camera out for that one!

Scott
Aquila Guy is offline Find More Posts by Aquila Guy
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:22 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
[QUOTE=atmosteve;24382944][QUOTE=IHAVAWDY;24374366]

Woody we will have to put the S7 on the wall of the poolroom, the more you look at it the better it gets.

Steve, honored, but if the darn thing flies, and when the kits get cut, I'll do ya one better than a picture.... You'll have a kit sent down to you for a beta build. If you have some free time this winter after your Bowlus build. Oh ya, you don't get to suffer through winter! I'll throw some snow in the box and maybe Hoss will deliver it FED-EX so it'll get there quick style!!!

* is that poolroom or pool room as in swimming?
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Mar 10, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:42 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila Guy View Post
Wayne,

Let me know when you want detail photo's... have a full size Moswey III across the runway. Also a Sparlinger III, Slingsby Kite, Slingsby Petrel, a Condor, and a Rhonbussard (arriving soon). They are talking about having a Vintage Glider day this year. Will definitely have the camera out for that one!

Scott
Please post them! All we have at work is modern glass slipper crap. I loves me some vintage stuff.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:53 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,648 Posts
Yes yes please? And a BoT would be nice too... I've got a hankering for a BoT and it's becoming an obsession
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:01 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,300 Posts
And now for a really BIG woodie

I went out for a daysail with a couple friends in the yacht club, and we had quite an adventure, sailing up a muddy slough, stopping at a handy wildlife center for a potty break, sailing back under two bridges, and then finding these two ladies duking it out with blanks. Ahhh, what a day. I'm still dizzy.

Lil Stinkpot is online now Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:07 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Wow! What great photo's LIL! Thanks for posting them. Sounds like a fantastic day.
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:12 PM
aku
Jeff Cheechov
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Mar 2006
292 Posts
Tall ships

Now... Those are woodies!
We enjoy the tallships down here in SoCal as well, when they are visiting.
Jeff
aku is offline Find More Posts by aku
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stobel V2 DLG
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:33 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,300 Posts
These two are the Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftain. I think both venture all over CA at times.

Here are a couple more, from the Dumbarton Bridge (connecting Redwood City and Hayward), to the Newark Slough, to the Don Edwards National Wildlife Refuge (what a mouthful), to the wreck of the USS Thompson, to the dual-pipe aqueduct bringing that delicious Hetch-Hetchy water to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Lil Stinkpot is online now Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Mar 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
I've driven the Dunbarton bridge more times than I can remember Katie! I've got a lot of family in the Redwood City area as well as Atherton (spelling?)

One trip up there was for my cousins wedding. We had arrived early so my brother and I decide to go out to Kings Mountain to the archery range to do some shooting. Has to be the nicest archery range I've ever been on. We were staying at the Crown-Sterling Suites by the bay and if you can imagine the looks on the faces of the people on the elevator when we went to head out to the range and the doors opened up and here we were standing there with some rather wicked looking hunting bows.... Them: Vs. US: It took a few moments to inform them that we were on our way to the range and that the hotel staff and guests had nothing to worry about.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:28 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence View Post

Wayne
Hey Wayne,

Have you seen this site? It has the Moswey 1-6, and on each main page there are 3-views shown. I've not tried to see how clear they are, they look a little rough, but may be of some use? It's far from a kit, but...

http://www.moswey.ch.vu

Cheers,

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:02 PM
United States, NY, Hamburg
Joined Aug 2011
489 Posts
Lil I sail Hobies and sailboards.....those look a bit bigger!
tailsld is online now Find More Posts by tailsld