5,042 Posts
Oooops, forgot to say howdy LV!
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:24 PM
Central California
Joined Jan 2010
957 Posts
Hey Steve, I didn't know that was a Peacock. I thought it was a picture of one of your new planes on launch and landing. I figured you just didn't take time to sand the sides and wing tips when building it. Nice colors though!

Hog
hog2soar is offline Find More Posts by hog2soar
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:28 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hog2soar View Post
Hey Steve, I didn't know that was a Peacock. I thought it was a picture of one of your new planes on launch and landing. I figured you just didn't take time to sand the sides and wing tips when building it. Nice colors though!

Hog
I hope Steve gets along better with those Peacocks than he did the Australian Toe Turkeys.

On that note I just remembered the BBBC conversation we had about Peacocks a couple of years ago. I found one hanging around up at the farm and mentioned I ought to capture him and turn him into a pet.

Steve's reply: "Cagey bastards!".
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:34 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,571 Posts
Back at ya Sean.... hope all is well!
LVsoaring is online now Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:46 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,293 Posts
What a perfect day! Got my first sunburn of the year. :blush: Hopefully not too many after this one; I don't take to burning that well. Lobstah! I took second in ETD sportsman, out of three. I actually did pretty danged good. I got my longest task first off, at 12:03, with a 76 point landing....on the wrong tape. Oh, well. Still, I managed to at least reach the landing zone all four times, and actually scored one landing, a sixty-something. Only botched one flight, the five, when what I thought to be a lifty area, where the wind was going towards, turned into a sink pit after a few minutes. Everywhere I tucked and ran to was SINK. Phew.

Oh, and all this winning performance? On a dead stock Radian. (Yeah, my giveadamn ran out on the BoT just after I couldn't get the wire crimped to work.) Yuh huh, a STOCK Radian. Just wait until I get the mods done. Ooh, baby, it's gonna be a floater. The wood glue on the nut seems to be holding well. I think it's probably just as good as 222, on the stickiness scale.

It was nice to be OUT in the sun, the clean air (Hollister), and the company. The eagles were on vacation, but the hawks and vultures were plentiful. I even had one mooch one of my thermals. I'm flattered! I also had about a dozen CF moochers as well. Heh! I'm getting better at reading them now.
Lil Stinkpot is online now Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:49 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring View Post
Back at ya Sean.... hope all is well!
Oh yeah, livin' large, ticking off the other team when I can.

New episode of The Walking Dead on in 12 minutes!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:40 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Well since he's doing alright I'm happy for him. I do miss his humor though. Since he's in the boat I guess he doesn't have room to do much building. I guess I'll have to send you two kits so you can build him an ASP Sean. If nothing else he can use it as a spare sail.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:22 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,560 Posts
When it's rainin' it's pourin'! thanks fer the WD reminder Jeff! I did asearch, as I have military channel on, and all the funnn stuff is there- mean while, @ the factory--- I'm learned how ofs to flattenin!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:33 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Yeah... I love that channel too Captain. All the toys I used to be able to play with and all. Brings back memories of some good times (and some bad) from my youth. Nothing more fun than watching things go BOOM! and knowing that you're not going to get into trouble for blowing that (whatever it was at the time) up.

Wind seems to have settled down for s bit here so I'm going to be out working on getting the garden area ready to plant and working up some lists for other outdoor projects that need doing. I want to make sure I've got as much as possible done before we hit the summer heat.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:15 AM
AMA 3959
Joined Oct 2002
1,459 Posts
Theses quads are fun!

Al
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:07 AM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,560 Posts
how do the cats like 'em?
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:14 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,921 Posts
Hi Al

I have not held a TX for 23 yrs , not sure if i could fly one of those 4 bladed thingy's or not?

Sure does look like fun, most likely scare the hell out of ' Squirt ' my little cockatiel dude.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:31 PM
AMA 3959
Joined Oct 2002
1,459 Posts
hey, GD, great to hear from ya! The quads aren't that hard to fly, rudder and throttle on the left stick, elevator and ailerons on the right. Just not used to using my left hand to fly, cuz being left handed I fly with my right all these yearsThey are pretty darn durable to, I have hit every piece of furniture in my living room, only a bent prop so far And CC it freaks out my landlords cats! LoL

Al
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:05 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrahm View Post
Theses quads are fun!

Al
Be careful. That thing's like a brick with four flying razor blades. Ask me how I know.
Piper J3 is offline Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:11 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,405 Posts
Can't remember if I shared this with you guys (CRS kicking in pretty good). Anyway, this is totally amazing and worth viewing multiple times. http://robohub.org/video-throwing-an...ed-pendulum-wi
Piper J3 is offline Find More Posts by Piper J3