Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:09 PM
delete account
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Hey that's a bummer Lil, but no worries, sometimes it's best just not to bench work if the chemistry to do it well is missing, it's not uncommon but I hope you are ok and can only try to imagine you have good reason to have a case of the blues, we often think of you and believe it or not about once a week Matina asked me how my online flying friend from San Jose is doing.

Try to keep smiling mate!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Last edited by atmosteve; Feb 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:10 PM
delete account
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Jeff, just checked my PM's !

Hey you know me, absolutely! wouldn't miss the opportunity. I'm happy for it!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:11 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,321 Posts
Thanks, Steve. Hugs to you and Matina.

I can't compete tomorrow if I don't finish. The Radia. At least will, that was a five minute fixit. Lacking Loctite, I used aliphatic for now. I'll replace the wood glue with 222 when I can. This will last one day, four flights, I'm sure.

EDIT: I can't get the connector kit and crimper to work, even with the online instructions. The connectors just fall apart. I'll fly the Radian tomorrow, at least. My Gentle Lady still has a shattered front end. I might bring the other GL, and fly that one RES. you don't actually NEED spoilers to fly RES, just no flaps or ailerons. Gotta land verrrry carefully.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Feb 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:33 PM
delete account
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Yeah Lil that's the funny thing about elapor foam like in the EZG and Radians, they take some wood glues really well, or in my case at least they take to Weldbond really well. Glued a busted off LHS H-stab back on with no bracing of any kind and it has needed nothing else.

Have fun at the comp, I really miss that, there is almost nothing going on here locally, gotta travel big miles for it.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:55 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,321 Posts
It's the nut holding the prop on.

I'll try to have some fun. Maybe the eagles will come out to play.

Hey, be your own CD. Make a contest. ;-)
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:26 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,501 Posts
Hi Steve, thanks for the kind words. I was going for an old school sort of look with the Raven covering, hopefully I found it. If I can keep at it a little each day I will have it finished in no time.
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:13 AM
delete account
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Wayne, if you look at some of my gliders like Patches the gaudy bright technicolor O3, it is pretty clear that I have no great taste in styling, but all the same let me say that I reckon that the Raven in just the straight black and white scheme looks very smart, the gold... I dunno. Just my poorly qualified 1 cent worth. Actually the curvy black fuse has sex appeal. Don't ask my why.. but it has!

Hey Lil I have been a CD in the past! the last time was for a Brewers fun postal challenge and the program had us doing all kinds of crazy tasks, F3-something. Well in retrospect, they were a bit odd..
But hey you know the brewers, we made a good hash of it all and had some laughs. It was purely non-institutional.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:42 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
To say it was "non-institutional" is a major under statement Steve. Of course you know all of us brewers should be institutionalized. It's all that balsa dust we've snorted over the years.

Speaking of Brewers..... Where the heck has Gary been? I haven't seen anything from him anywhere in ages! I know he and Scotti moved onto the boat but has he given up on us as well?
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:12 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,640 Posts
Hey all, I haven't chimed in here in quite a a while, but I'm back, and happily announcing that I've finally commenced building again. After moving into our new place last June, I've finally got the Kingdom....my affectionate name for my garage.... in order, complete with workbench for building and proper lighting. First order of business today was to laminate CF to the spar caps and bag 'em for a good even bond along the length. In a day or two (depending on weather and therefore temperature in the Kingdom), I'll actually start building. Wings first, then fuse, and tail feathers last. Usually it's the opposite order, but I'm going to need some time to work out the pushrod arrangement for the elevator. It's not a normal X tail, nor a T tail, but somewhere in between.
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:53 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Glad to hear that you're back to building LV! Ya need to post some pics of the "Kingdom" as well as the build. What ya got on the board?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:55 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrahm View Post
thanks Sean! But if their servo less, why does it look like a servo on each end LoL

Al
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Marketing.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:59 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Love it Wayne!

Yep Steve, the furniture is looking great! That's how we acquired most of the stuff in our house. One piece at a time, restore, reupholster and or paint. I much prefer it that way, not just because it's cheaper. You end up with better stuff and when you walk in the room there's that sense of satisfaction in a job well done...........and you beat the system.

Yep GDon: Gassers forever!!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:06 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Well with the weather here today I've come to the conclusion that I need to design yet another model. The wind has been blowing at a sustained 25 MPH with gusts up to about 35 MPH. All of my poly wing models would end up landing in Seans back yard if I was to try launching them in that kind of wind. The way it's been blowing here I really think I could make a brick fly if I could mount control surfaces on it.

I'm thinking a fairly heavy flat winged model with a semi-symmetrical airfoil and the ability to really ballast it up. I'll do a built up construction of course but will do a heavy weight glass on the bottom of the fuselage to protect from the rocky flying sites around here. Since it's for slope I'll have to make it aerobatic so I can do some cutting up. I'll keep everyone posted on this as it develops.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:09 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
Glad to hear that you're back to building LV! Ya need to post some pics of the "Kingdom" as well as the build. What ya got on the board?

Duh! I guess I failed to mention.... it's a Windrifter.

As for pics, it really isn't pic-worthy. It's not like Schrederman's shangri-la......
It does, however, have a fridge and a tornado shelter!
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:11 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
Speaking of Brewers..... Where the heck has Gary been? I haven't seen anything from him anywhere in ages! I know he and Scotti moved onto the boat but has he given up on us as well?
I get an occasional email from him and we correspond a bit. He's still Gary. He and Scottie are livin' the good Salt Life on the boat. He cut out 90% of his internet activity, cell phone calls to a minimum, just chillin' loving retirement and taking each day slow and easy. Smellin' the roses IOWs. Sounds like a great plan to me.