Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:40 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,588 Posts
Kinda like a water skier hold those last few moments! very kool!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:56 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Wow Capn, very nice work! Love the design...
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:12 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,071 Posts
Love it Captain!

As for the vid I posted: I like the scene where the Osprey shakes off water in mid-flight.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:59 PM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Ooops,

Wait a minute. I just checked the link after Jeff expressed confusion. Those aren't what I'm talking about. Let me look around.

These are the ones I'm talking about:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ight_Pair.html
thanks Sean! But if their servo less, why does it look like a servo on each end LoL

Al
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:09 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,588 Posts
Thanks Gang! Yeah- that part was pretty cool! great vid overall!
I did start a BOM on this girl, but wow- totally time consuming! Fortunately for you IHAV, is all I did on the 'old' program, was pull in a photo and saved the file.- very easy to restart!
Next is running a PDF for printing- It's like my Tiger mac came back to life! I'm lovin' it!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:55 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,297 Posts
Cap'n, nice! I like it.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:37 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,465 Posts
G Don, here is where I am at for now. I'm not sure I love the gold arc on the wing but it is only taped on for now. We'll see how I like it in the morning. Maybe a gold pinstripe instead of white around the open bay area. I have plenty of time to figure it out, we just got 6 inches of fresh snow. What I really need is a good hot rod pinstriper to lay down some nice arcing pinstripes down the fuse and flowing out into the wings.

For the animal lovers out there, the antler on the wall is a naturally shed antler I found one winter in the woods. I only wish I could have found the other one.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Last edited by Windependence; Feb 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:42 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,944 Posts
Hi Wayne

The black over the sheeting is looking real nice, i just had some striping done on a project and used 2 stripes a thick and thin.

You could use 1/8" in red on the black & white seam and use a 1/16" in gold either on the white or the black with a small gap in between..

I'am just linking up with a new pinstriper myself, as my friend Bob Iverson passed on and he is going to be hard to replace as he was a great guy and talent too.

Finding the good talent and right attitude is hard to find but they are out there just takes awhile to search one out.

I'am making me a 3' by 6' shop sign that needs engine turned gold & silver leaf and some striping too and it looks like this new fellow is the right guy for the job from what i have been told about him, plus he runs a 47' chevy panel truck gasser now and remembers my b/gassser from the old days so it is a good link up for us both since we both have some passion for the old gassers [ 50's & 60's style ]

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:50 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,944 Posts
Hellow Mr. RC Groups web guy

Please put the open the pictures thing back the way you had it before, now it is just more stuff to do and a pain in the neck.

Was very simple before just 2 clicks and that was it, now you have to open a window then do more stuff.

Can you please keep it simple for us P/C limited people to use.

Thanks very much , G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:01 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canardly View Post
Kinda like a water skier hold those last few moments! very kool!
Kinda reminds of Jarel's "Telos."
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:40 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Your Raven is looking great Wayne! Like you I'm unsure about the gold arc on the wing. Seems to be a tad to thick for the lines of the wing IMHO. The over all lines of the plane are beautiful and you've done a dynamite on her. I can't wait for you to get some good weather and get us a flight report.

I've got to do some wrenchin on Robis' F-150 for her today then it's back to learning this CAD program. It only does 2-D drawings but it should be good enough for making building plans so I can get some of these designs out of my head and down on paper. I need to clear out some of the memory banks so I've got room for more crazy ideas...
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:04 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Well I got the work on the truck done as well as cleaning up and tightening the last two wings in the hanger after all the moving around. Have three planes ready to go out and do me some flying as soon as I can get the wind blowing in the right direction. Found a road up to the southern slope but need the wind in the right direction. Still looking for a way up to the top of the bowl across the highway and if I do that's going to be the best spot for flying. From the road up to the top of the bowl is about 400 feet so it should make for some good lift in light conditions.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:56 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
Awesome!

Wayne, the Raven is looking awesome!

Funny how trends come and go, like the Cap's latest the Raven is looking to do some tight upward spiraling.

Hey Jeff, nice piece of shading you are planning there, you is gonna need it in the Arizona summer I would venture to guess. Love to see plan preliminaries so consider me a subscriber to please. Cheers!

Hey has anyone ever seen a Peacock flying? here's a pic someone sent me. Pretty bird, not much taken to thermaling though, I believe..

We been restoring old furniture around here, and making our own from scratch too, so it's all wood. Humidity and weather has been bending the laminated radiate pine what a pain!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:59 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
Oh just been catching up here and saw Eddies work I LOVE THAT GLIDER Eddie!!

Very nice work it's got to rub off and get me motivated to get more serious about the Baby Albatross build, that's my main build project for this year. G Don, sorry I been slow!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:06 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,297 Posts
Lovely peacock, Steve, and the furniture too!

I've been feeling very, very unmotivated today. I MUST get the BoT finished, and I'm sooo close. I don't feel good, though. Really blue. Gr.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot