Al
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:12 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,881 Posts
Boy you guys are not nice, shooting a poor little birdy !!
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:32 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,218 Posts
Well uh, um.... No really.... he, I mean it was like that already when I found him...it. I was just gonna try and take him, I mean it to the vet to see if there was anything that could be done...
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:48 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,033 Posts
I stand corrected Jeffers. I used to be whiz-bang on American history but nowadays I can't even remember what state I live in.

OK, sounds like the smack talk is starting. I'm not much of a football fan but I'll be sure to drink too much beer tonight to keep up tradition.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:11 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,514 Posts
Say Al: did I perchance see your name as 'photo by' in a particular favorite magazine?
I sure am glad it's the 4 of us now-wife- me-Lady and littlebit (of crime) I'm severley alergic to
Football, looking forward to some bug work! #3stepson and his lady have their own place to do 'sports'!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:44 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Cap'n, didjya see mention of a Lil Stinker in (possibly the same, possibly not) a popular RC magazine?

Cat? What cat?
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Feb 03, 2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Nuttin
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:14 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossfly72 View Post
Hey Steve? Did you pedal through Inverlock on your Great Continental Cycle Extravaganza? I woke up this morning and flipped on the TV while still in that zombie like trance and they're talking about dinosaur bones there. Thing that caught my eye though, was the scenery. Looked like some of the pics you posted. Beautiful place you have down there. Wife's dream is to visit Scotland, not mine. I wanna go down under!
Been to Inverloch when I lived in Melbourne for a few years Hoss, but I went no further into Victoria than the Murray River on my two wheeled escapade. Pretty country down there, and the sloping those Victorians enjoy is almost criminal! south winds rolling in off the great southern ocean would have any sailplaner drooling.

Cool bike TJ, I want one too!

Jeff, sounds like you have fallen the right side up there, slopes all around? you lucky bugger. We need photographic evidence!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:23 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,514 Posts
Hi Katie! Now that your cat jumped right out of the bag, no, I haven't even been to the LHS to grab a non subscribed Mag. but if'ns i put my money anywhere, it has somethin' to do with a long time runnin' mag! and, now that I get a couple weeks of legit. enemploy, i shall catch on little things like reupping my AMA, bug/ Sarah etc bild and dealing with repackin' 'house'
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:43 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Yuppers!

I've been busy with a fistful of markers.

I can now say that the Radian is uniquely mine now.

The color is a bit off. Silly phone.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:03 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,514 Posts
You Have class Girl! I love that not a seagull!
I'm sending data to the Beta fgorum on a 30 minute schedule last 2 days. very small bugs. this new (for the Mac- Lion) Program being 2 G's is about 7 X larger than previous, and only 1 crash in 4 days- cuz I told it the wrong thing!- sorry- no pics (yet)-public &all that
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:03 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
That's kool Katie, looks better than stock! Flew my Radian P first time on Saturday and Sean was right, I have to begrudgingly give it credit where due as a thermaling bird, pretty good for a heavy foamy, your Radian will be lighter again too so should be better in lighter air. The flaps work really well, almost zilch stall, and the CG can go much further back than the 70mm recommended.

But it has pretentions that it's airfoil was never designed to absorb in terms of speed, these things can go too fast quite easily with the given brushless and get way out of shape, really bad wing flex. In fact, I would go as far to say that I get more fun out of the humble Easyglider, just my 2c worth but.

Look at me, it's disgraceful, isn't it.. I start a thread on building wooden sailplanes years ago and here I am prattling about throw-away ARF foam gliders, that have motors!!!! See what I have been reduced to? credibility is all slipping away.. Forgive me, Ray, and Jeff.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:08 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,514 Posts
Now Now Steve: let's put things into proper perspective here: the foamies are doin' excatly what they are supposed to do- learnin' old dogs like me how to drive the 'other sticks'- heckens, mine's been stuck in the trees 3 x now- all cuzz of the wrong switch bein' flipped- I sure didn't want to do that to 1.5 years of work!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:13 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Steve, those plum swooshes really finish it, don't they?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:20 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,218 Posts
While ya got all those markers out... put your phone # on it so when you loose it, LOL it'll maybe have a chance of gettin home.
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:51 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,033 Posts
That thing looks great Katie!

Yeah Steve, Hoss called me up raving about his Radian and I kinda thought "OK, he's finally snapped. FedEx pressure got to him". However, he, Keith (Crazy Brit) and I met at a school soocer field one Saturday and flew the pants off a Radian and Radian Pro. Too much fun. Yep, I hate to admit it but the things fly great. Why I haven't bought one yet I don't know.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola