Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:43 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Jeff, in my current precarious situation, don't tempt me.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:11 PM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Well I may not be doing too much R/C flying/building this year either . Last year was mainly due to bad politics in our club, and a lot of extra days at work limiting my time anyway.

This year I have a new love in my life and intend to spend a lot of time with her traveling (mainly the Southeast and a trip home to Indiana maybe).

Isn't she a beauty?
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:59 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,680 Posts
Why is it you folks get all the heat? I'm stuck with snugglin' up to a bug- finally started- and a gorgeous new CAD Beta Very powerful- from 300 M's to 2.2 G's!
Glad to see things are sorting out Jeff!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:46 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,670 Posts
Love the bike TJ, but you need to wear the kilt while riding it.. Keep the junk cool!
Hey Cap? You need to move down here. Thyssenkrupp steel mill is always hiring and there are a bunch of other places springing up also if you're halfway smart and don't mind getting your hands dirty. Heck! You could even be a shrimpin' boat Cap'n!
Sean? Got plans next Saturday? I think we should let Boris meet Natasha. Laurie and Kat are heading to Montgomery tomorrow afternoon and the to Atlanta early Monday morning for Kat's six month MRI. No reason to be worried, but you know this house gets a bit tense every six months.
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:58 PM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossfly72 View Post
Love the bike TJ, but you need to wear the kilt while riding it.. Keep the junk cool!
The thought has crossed my mind.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:33 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,680 Posts
Ya mean they hire us 'old guys'- only 59 goin' on30- don't mind me, this new beta opens a Windows" end of line" file- remember the Crimson? well (un)fortunately- it is still alive and well now
Guys LikeIHAV And AM Beck will be very happy!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:53 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,038 Posts
Well just about time for the woopy do ' Big Game ' as the teams are pretty close, maybe the Birds by a field goal.

But you never know about old ' Mo ' as one team could just run away with it , as it has happened in the past with all the hype and stuff that goes on.

I hope Flaco & Ray win as they might not get there again [ looks like Ray is hanging up his cleats ] , pretty tough row to hoe just getting there once.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:09 AM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,670 Posts
Hey Steve? Did you pedal through Inverlock on your Great Continental Cycle Extravaganza? I woke up this morning and flipped on the TV while still in that zombie like trance and they're talking about dinosaur bones there. Thing that caught my eye though, was the scenery. Looked like some of the pics you posted. Beautiful place you have down there. Wife's dream is to visit Scotland, not mine. I wanna go down under!
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:18 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
Sean: Is that the Tom Thumb that's just the other side of the freeway from your place? I remember making a stop there after I left from your place on my way out here.
Are you kiddin' Jeff? I realize you didn't get to spend enough time in my area to get a feel for the locals but................

Let's just say my community is populated by retired military, cowboys (and cowgirls), hunters and other old skool small town USA types that like to keep things peaceful and quiet around here. The second stoop #1 started his backswing towards my girl he would have thought he was General Custer and everyone within a mile was an Apache.

In fact a couple of years ago I was at the store you referenced and noticed a couple arguing in the parking lot. Best way to describe the guy would be for me to say watch any episode of "Cops". He's the guy in the Wife Beater shirt, no teeth and is being dragged out of the trailer backwards. Well dude took a good swing at the girl and made contact. Before the event completely processed in my brain a dozen pickup truck doors opened in unison and the parking lot swarmed with guys like the place was giving away free beer. If the cops hadn't shown up so fast Mr. Wife Beater's new starring role would have been crab trap bait.

I love my 'hood.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:21 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Oh, love the bike TJ. Now you can't use fuel costs as a reason to not come over here and fly.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:27 AM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
True, but I'll have to fly your stuff.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:57 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Juliet View Post
True, but I'll have to fly your stuff.
So? You're a better RC pilot than I am. I told you before TJ, I don't worry about crashes. You gotta break a lot of eggs to make Real Mayonnaise.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:33 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
THAT was one reason I chose this part of Arizona to move to. Totally different than in the cities with their gangs, congestion, and noise! We might hear a truck or two out on the highway each day but the nights it's just about dead silent and dark enough to count every star in the sky. Oh sure there's the occasional Coyote warming up the pipes but that's part of nature and more appealing to me than a pack of rice burners racing down the street.

So yeah... I love my "hood" too.

Edited for historical accuracy..... BTW Sean... Custer was taken out by the Sioux tribe of the Lakota peoples. NOT the Apache. They (the Apache) were down in this area giving the people of the south west all the grief they could. I've got the distinction of being both part Lakota as well as having served in the 2 Bn of the 7th Cav. Talk about confused loyalties! I didn't know if I should fight the enemy or scalp my platoon mates.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Last edited by scaflock; Feb 03, 2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:42 AM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,471 Posts
This is all I have to say today!

Al
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:57 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007