Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:24 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Nothing to report. Hoss lives about 70 miles West of me and at noon he said he was getting Monsoon rains. I just got a few showers. He got more weather than I did. Wind blew like everything though. When it rattles the doors on our big hangar you know it's windy. Looks like the bad stuff went North of us.

Wow, I just had a thought. Hoss was off today. Missed his chance to capsize another FedEx truck.

Hurricanes. Now there's some stories. I've ridden out at least 20 with no real bad affects except the last bad one here. That one flushed out my house like pulling the handle on a toilet. Believe it or not I've got a couple of hilarious stories from that episode.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:40 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,912 Posts
Hi Rob

Down here in so-cal i have been through 4 big quakes, and from now on someome else can have all that fun.

That last one in Northride was a real ' E ' ticket ride as i'am 3 miles from the center of it.

My friend in Irving Tx has had a few small ones lately, kinda strange for there.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:21 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Dec 2005
2,844 Posts
Meanwhile, we could reallyuse some rain here in G'ville, but they've cut it back to 60% chance. http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?r...101111&loop=no
Dave
David Forbes is offline Find More Posts by David Forbes
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:26 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Wow, Hey David!

You guys in a drought? We're a little above normal here but I wonder if that means a dry Spring?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:45 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,287 Posts
I found my Radian.

So there.

Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Jan 30, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:54 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
I found my Radian. :so there smiley:
You found the one you lost Katie? If so that is seriously cool.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:11 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,287 Posts
Yeah. Yeah, I did.

At the local hobby shop.

Hey, at least I have incentive to "switch" it to Airtonics; I could only afford the P-N-P. I'll "borrow" the Rx from the Spirit.

Long story made super short: I went to pay the CC bill, and asked the balance. "Really?!?" I went to the LHS and loaded up on a bipe I've been eyeballing and ALL the necessary hardware, about $700 total. CC won't go through. Thinking its just flagged, I call. Turns out it was inactive too long, and closed. Wish the $&%#-ing bank told me that when I ASKED the balance! Dumbapples. So lots of time and embarrassment later, and a check from the main checking account, and I have my new Radian. Grrrr!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:21 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
Yeah. Yeah, I did.

At the local hobby shop.

Hey, at least I have incentive to "switch" it to Airtonics; I could only afford the P-N-P. I'll "borrow" the Rx from the Spirit.

Long story made super short: I went to pay the CC bill, and asked the balance. "Really?!?" I went to the LHS and loaded up on a bipe I've been eyeballing and ALL the necessary hardware, about $700 total. CC won't go through. Thinking its just flagged, I call. Turns out it was inactive too long, and closed. Wish the $&%#-ing bank told me that when I ASKED the balance! Dumbapples. So lots of time and embarrassment later, and a check from the main checking account, and I have my new Radian. Grrrr!
I've dealt with that too. Wife and I paid off every CC a couple of years ago. My dumb butt still carries around inactive plastic. Occasionally I forget and try to run one of them for something small. I've almost gotten arrested for identity theft , i.e. stealing my own identity.

It feels so frikkin' good to not have one thin dime owed on anything even if I can't go buy stupid stuff I want. I highly recommend getting debt free and staying that way. But, I'm the kind of guy that likes thumbing his nose at authority/
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:51 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,287 Posts
Me too.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:57 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,550 Posts
I get to thumb my nose too! I applied for unemployment today! Bosses orders!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:15 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,287 Posts
Awwww. Sorry to hear that, Cap'n.

Well. Enjoy the extra build time! Until you find a new job.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:07 AM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,550 Posts
No extra build time involved- still workin' smells like skanky lutefisk to me.
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:22 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
Good you didn't get hammered Sean.

Problem with Oswald is that it was spouting tornado's around populated areas, this doesn't happen a lot on the Aus coast but it did this time. Burrum Heads just down the road copped a nasty twister about 3am Saturday morning. Some pics from the local rag;

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com....nup/18067/#/25

Anyhows, that's weather. Can't fly with it, can't fly without it, make you think twice where you'd build a house because of it too. So you get a bit of a hurricane that travels inland 1500 miles parallel to the coast, and it sends out tornado tenticals as it goes south, sheesh!

Still, could be worse, could be like you folks in the US with your yearly twister seasons. eek!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:53 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Rough looking photos Steve.

Yep, I have a lot of ideas about how I want to do my back yard up, the cooking area and deck but every one is guided by hurricane season. Don't want anything that can't withstand 125+ winds so any project costs about double what it normally should.

After we bought this house I spoke with my next door neighbor about local damage after hurricane Ivan, the one that destroyed my old house. He said the only structure in the whole neighborhood that didn't get a scratch on it was my future man-cave. It started as a pole barn and those poles are way down in the ground. The guy that built it also used larger lumber for everything (2 x 6s instead of 2 x 4s for instance). When I did the updates to it I did things like install hurricane clips on every rafter instead of every other one that's normal code around here. I went with plywood instead of sheet rock on the walls and ceiling too and everything is screwed/glued instead of nailed. Still won't take a direct tornado hit but I'd bet it'll take more punishment than my house. I hope so, another bad storm and I may have to live in it. Works for me but might make the wife a bit edgy.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:08 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,287 Posts
What's a hurricane clip?