Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:57 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,351 Posts
It has been said a picture is worth a thousand words… “My Babymomma (ex-wife/daughter's mom) is a good woman but switches year to year between party animal and the Church Lady from Saturday Night Live.” You have painted the most exquisite painting with only 25 words. Worthy of hanging in the Louvre. I can see it like I was standing there. This thread is a real hoot...
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:50 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,019 Posts
If I was going to write a book that would be interesting I'd write it about my two daughters. Now there's a pair.

Yeah, oldest one dodged the bullet in that wreck, however,

For the most damage done to a single vehicle (multiple incident category) the award goes to......................drum roll please................................my younger daughter Emily!

She'd like to thank first her Dad for providing the automobile and the encouragement to be the best she can be at .............destruction. Of course special wishes go out to her insurance adjuster, the Florida Highway Patrol, Nissan Motor Corporation and of course those hard working wrecker drivers and Body shop technicians without whose efforts this award would not be possible.

Some brief highlights:

Being passed going uphill at 60 MPH by a complete moron. Said dufus meets a County Sheriff's cruiser at the apex, swerves back into the correct lane and rearends Emily's car at a speed difference of around 30 MPH. Emily being the turtle in that race.

Replaced Full rear clip (both quarter panels, rear bumper, deck lid and fuel tank., insurance bill: $4500.

Spinning out of control in a curve on a rain slickend roadway, and sliding backwards into the only full grown Oak tree in 3/4 mile either direction.

Overheard at the accident scene: "Wasn't my fault! The car hydroplaned"

Let's all take a moment to reflect on that statement before moving on..............

Parking the vehicle juuuusssst right at the local boat ramp while going out for a 4th of July boat ride. Someone tries to move their empty trailer and instead peels back the left side of the punished vehicle like a potato.

Too many more times to mention but I'll leave you with my favorite and the final scene:

In spite of repeated warnings she drives the vehicle under 17th Ave Overpass after a summer monsoon rainstorm.

Now the mentioned underpass is legend here in our fair town. Many a vehicle has been sent to meet it's maker (or the recycler) on that very spot. Stories have been told and retold of unexpected re-purposing of cars that attempted that stunt. Local kids have been frightened into their sleeping bags at summer camp over these tales shared around a camp fire. That underpass is our Sasquatch I might say.

All of these tales went down with a tourist behind the wheel. Any local has been raised from the crib with the retelling of these stories so no one, NO ONE within a 100 mile radius even thinks about going that way after a drop of rain falls in town within 3 hours.

No one but Emily in a hurry coming home from the beach late for work.

I get the usual call and meet the wrecker driver at the christening. Some real male bonding occurred as we watched Emily's little blue baby bob like a cork in the ocean. With a "I'll grab it and drag it out of there when the current brings it close enough to shore" I walk away.

I almost pulled my pistol from my truck, jacked a round, kissed my daughter while tenderly whispering in her ear "It's for the best. She won't suffer anymore" and with dignity popping a .357 round right between the headlights.

She beat that car like it owed her money. Hell, for a long time I thought Nissan had her on the payroll as a freelance test driver doing Ultimate Failure experiments.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:28 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
Good thing they don't fly RC then. !!

Talk about rain! nothing but here for three solid days. But we have not hydroplaned, hit anything yet, or ended up in the ocean. But I am proud to say that I can now drive at 45Mph again, after a week of motoring. One day next week I might find the daring to crack 100Km/hr, that's just way to fast, my bike had an average speed of 19Km/hr, and it hurts if you fall off at that speed. My pasengers go pink with embarrasment and comment on the line of cars behind me on the highway. Let them pass me, like they did on my touring bike I say, I move over for them. Cars, to bloody fast.

Hey Lil, what a bunch o' basterds. Karma will see to them eventually.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:44 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,639 Posts
Between the on (and off) road adventures of Sean's daughters and Steve's cross continent trek while meeting various honeys and dodging kangaroos (and turkeys), I figure I've blown about enough tea through my nose to float a battleship!
Thank you fellers! My sinuses are clear! Although I usually look like a drooling escapee from a mental ward after reading your tales!
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:23 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,844 Posts
Hi Sean

You get the Blue Ribbon for the story telling stuff, hands down the best in the cool little group!!

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:24 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,019 Posts
My two daughters are the things legends are made from. There really is a book full of stories that have been generated by those two.

Maybe someday I'll explain the "you're wearing my shirt, stay out of my closet" dust up of '96 and the locally memorialized "Wrong color Bride's Maid Dress" brouhaha and resulting bar brawl of '08.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:39 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,351 Posts
My relatives have had fist fights at both weddings and funerals. Maybe I could contribute a chapter?
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:27 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,844 Posts
It looks like i missed all the fun as my family is like a bunch of quiet lambs, never heard a cross word in 50'yrs of Christmas stuff etc.

Could not ask for a nicer bunch than we have in the Nowell clan that came over from the U.K. in 05' and took root in L.A. CA.

Now just me and my cousin left both 71'

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:43 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
My relatives have had fist fights at both weddings and funerals. Maybe I could contribute a chapter?
Please do! I always enjoy inter-family strife.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:55 AM
Thermal Naked!
Joined Dec 2007
1,639 Posts
It would be funny if Sean's girls were yer typical gulf coast redneck gals, but it's hilarious cause they're all super model beautiful and as smart as their daddy! Thats a scary combo to yer average gulf coast redneck guy!

Hey Sean? Any report from the PNS gunshow today? If the crowds are as big as the Mobile one, you'd better bring a lunch while you wait in line.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:13 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossfly72 View Post
It would be funny if Sean's girls were yer typical gulf coast redneck gals, but it's hilarious cause they're all super model beautiful and as smart as their daddy! Thats a scary combo to yer average gulf coast redneck guy!

Hey Sean? Any report from the PNS gunshow today? If the crowds are as big as the Mobile one, you'd better bring a lunch while you wait in line.
I ain't goin' near that place. I have a couple of buds that are and gave one of them a shopping list and cash last might. Doubt there will be much and what's there is gonna be double the cost from a month ago. I did buy Lucille something nice yesterday too but I'll link you the details on the other forum so as not to upset certain folks on here.

Yep, I'll admit my daughters have left folks stunned through their "Smoke and Mirrors", stealth presence. No one expects that kind of shock and awe coming from such pretty, feminine packages.

And then I married JJ who brought her daughter Ashley into the mix, thus completing my full size Charlie's Angels Action figure set.

That's when things got out of hand.
Last edited by seanpcola; Jan 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:50 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,496 Posts
LOL. Charlie's Angel's action figure set. Love it.

One of my workmates went to a similar show here in the Dallas area recently and said everything was shoulder to shoulder.
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:37 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,495 Posts
I'm extremely boring @ this rate!
now for mysteries plus
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:19 PM
Thermal Naked!
Joined Dec 2007
1,639 Posts
Downtown Mobile for Mardi Gras. Why do I let myself be talked into hanging out with 100,000 of my closest friends?!?!?!?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:44 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,495 Posts
Because we like you!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member