Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:00 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Yep, you cut that poor vehicle down in the prime of it's life. You evil man you!

Sorry dude, I do worry about you but the visual on the bow wave coming off an 18 wheeler did me in.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:03 AM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossfly72 View Post
It gets worse today Sean. While sitting here wondering if I'll still have a job after killing a FedEx truck with only 360,000 some odd miles (still new by FX standards), Larry calls me up. He runs the route on Wednesdays when I'm off. He said he talked to his wife , who also works at the station, and she said the mechanic was pissed at having to rebuild an engine and he told the managers that I drove through the water on purpose and killed the truck. Had me going for ten minutes when he said, "I'm messing with ya little fat buddy. The mechanic saved yer ass and told em you probly saw a car go through and thought you could make it too." This is, in fact, what happened and all was well until the tractor trailer swamped me. He went on to tell me that he was so light on freight volume that he was almost done and didn't even have any deliveries way out in the boonies like normal.
I told him, "that's for you Larry.. I suffer and commit vehicle murder and still clean up the route so you can have an easy day... I did this for you!"

Ps- it makes me happy to know that my pain and suffering gave you and Crazy Larry a good laugh.
At least Momma J was worried about me. LOL
wait, Hoss drives for FedEX? Killed a truck? Hoss, if it gives you any peace of mind, I only ship Fedex You guys rock, Have done hundreds of shipments with you guys, one small problem in all that time, they lost a Sagitta 600 mailed to me, they told me to file a claim after 2 weeks, the Fed driver , Bill,shows up at my house on a Sunday, a week later, and drops off the plane

Al
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:04 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,279 Posts
They returned the kit a week later already built? Wow, that really is great service...
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:20 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Donchya guys put snorkels on them trucks?
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:03 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrahm View Post
wait, Hoss drives for FedEX? Killed a truck? Hoss, if it gives you any peace of mind, I only ship Fedex You guys rock, Have done hundreds of shipments with you guys, one small problem in all that time, they lost a Sagitta 600 mailed to me, they told me to file a claim after 2 weeks, the Fed driver , Bill,shows up at my house on a Sunday, a week later, and drops off the plane

Al
Al, You will never know how your FedEx tale doves in with Hoss. He is a HUGE Sagitta fan and we accuse him often of trying to steal them. When I read your story the first thought I had was "Holy Crap, Hoss really IS a thief. Somehow he noticed Al's Sag kit in a terminal somewhere and made off with it".
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:04 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
They returned the kit a week later already built? Wow, that really is great service...
Yeah, it was Hoss.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:04 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,666 Posts
I wish I could build that fast! Remember that 900 I picked up at the Perry swap meet? Till waiting to be refurbed and flown! That was what? Four years ago now?

Today has been the polar opposite of Tues. rolled along smooth as can be in my "new" truck. I forgot what it's like to be in a truck that doesnt have half of Clarke county's dust along for the ride! Stress was non existant and left over hernia surgery pain has been nearly nill today, even on the bumpiest dirt roads.
Oh, BTW, when I read about a missing Sagitta I REALLY thought for a moment about where all mine came from and if I was stealing em in my sleep! I'm good though. Never stole nuthin from FedEx except a pen. Well, they gave that to me so I guess it doesnt really count.
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:49 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Hoss, you work for Fedex for what, like 20 years? and you have killed only one vehicle? I for one am somewhat disappointed.

Well got a new vee-hickle to abuse over here, little 1993 2.6L GM Holden Rodeo (Isuzu) which with a bit of work to cover the trayback should give prime service for glider transportations. Heck the AC even still works! Anyway this is Australia you don't get much more aussie than a little utility to buzz around in.

Sorry folks, no woody building action yet, life is just way to busy and at a formative stage in many ways.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:23 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
I love the aluminum bed on that thing Steve. Only problem is you got screwed! Someone put the steering wheel on the wrong side.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:32 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,030 Posts
Hi Steve

Neet looking little rig, i have a 78' Ranchero that i used to haul my gliders in the back.

Had a wing bag and fuse setting on top of a moving pad, then take the rest of the pad and lay it over the fuse and wing bag and set my flight box and transmitter on the moving pad to hold it down.

No Freeway stuff but on reg. roads the set up worked just fine in a open back motor car

Plus the glider and wing did not get scratched setting on the quilted moving pad.

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:55 PM
Be an organ donor
Little Rock, AR. U.S.A via U.K
Joined May 2004
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
I love the aluminum bed on that thing Steve. Only problem is you got screwed! Someone put the steering wheel on the wrong side.
Hey Sean, I'm sure you mean't aluminIum, and you don't know what you are missing until driving from "the dark side."
kwmtrubrit is offline Find More Posts by kwmtrubrit
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:03 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmtrubrit View Post
Hey Sean, I'm sure you mean't aluminIum, and you don't know what you are missing until driving from "the dark side."
Oh jeez, next you're gonna say I'm supposed to insert the letter "U" in honor, color, flavor and humor'.

If God had meant for man to drive on the right side of the vehicle he would have made us all left handed.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:47 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
^ Yes I am too, thankyou Sean.

GDon, mostly I want to have a big general purpose flight box to throw in the back, foam lined, water resistant. Dunno what or how yet, the right thing will find me I figure.

I've driven on the right hand side of the road, and I didn't like it. It's just too.... French!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:00 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
^ Yes I am too, thankyou Sean.

GDon, mostly I want to have a big general purpose flight box to throw in the back, foam lined, water resistant. Dunno what or how yet, the right thing will find me I figure.

I've driven on the right hand side of the road, and I didn't like it. It's just too.... French!
Those are fightin' words my friend!

Just build a plywood box bigger than you think you'll need, line it with foam and secure the lid with Velcro. I use Luan ply, cheap and it's not like the box has to be built to withstand being run over by a car or dropped from 60'*** (unless I'm around). Works like a dream.

(That would be 18.288 meters for the British guy)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:02 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Jul 2011
150 Posts
Careful with the "like the French" comment Steve, or we'll cut that cable between you and Hawaii and let you drift to the Antartic!
Mr Smith1 is offline Find More Posts by Mr Smith1