Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:41 AM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl View Post
I'm pretty much a luddite, too. But... he can TRY http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861944

I've never had a cell phone I can access the internet with, but that's the basic address of the thread. (You would have to add "&page=x" with a number for x, to get to this or any other particular page.) I know that's the address I can paste into the browser to get here without coming in through the main menu.
The mobile version of the site is much easier to read on phones and tablets.

http://m.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr...61944&page=835
Wazmo is offline Find More Posts by Wazmo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:08 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,844 Posts
Hi Sean

Thanks for the lead to Ken, he is looking in to the value for me.

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:41 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,281 Posts
Sean, that was too funny! What's an NDN?

How're those seeds coming?

Hoss! Howsit?!? Feelin OK?
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:55 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,019 Posts
Thanks Rob. Talked to Jeff today and looks like he's getting his ISP setup so should be back up soon. He's had a lot of crap happen lately, some bad, some fantastically good!

Hey GDon, Yeah, Ken is one of the good guys. I have full confidence that he'll find you a fair price to go with on the pistol.

Katie: NDN = Next Door Neighbor All of mine are crazier than I am but in a good way. They'll help out in any way, everyone is extremely considerate of each other, just great people. Not so good on bad guys, burglars and such. There was this one time at Gary's house.........but I digress. Nothing has happened out in recent years here but if someone ever tried to break in one of our homes they better hope the cops show up.............otherwise, well, there's a lot of swamp around here, gators, sharks and so forth. Someone could just................disappear. I sleep well at night.

Seeds: I haven't seen any of the little man-eaters lately but I've been looking. Maybe time of year? Let me know what you think about temps for these critters. Possibly they'll pop back up in the Spring?
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:15 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap_n_Dave View Post
Did you use any cyano to glue it shut?
CA has kept me from bleeding out on more than one occasion.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:48 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,281 Posts
Sean, the Sarracenias are probably all dormant right now, the leaves will be browning. The wind may have knocked down the seed heads.

Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:13 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,639 Posts
I figured it out Sean. It's not that I'm less clumsy than you... It's that I'm LAZIER than you and therefore don't get into as many mishaps as you do!
Ya see? I have redeemed myself through laziness! And my wife said it was impossible!
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:01 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,019 Posts
Dude, it's not that I'm not lazy, in fact I would LOVE to be. My problem is two-fold:

1: I worked my way into the Jack of Some Trades position. I'm sort of the Mikey of Coastal Airport. Something needs to be done? Sean will do it, Sean will do anything. Not necessarily well but I'm dumb enough to say "Yep, I'll give it a shot or die trying". And the latter may well be the case some day.

2: My eyes are sometimes much bigger than my time/talents deserve. My house and man-cave for instance. I could have bought something else in the same price range and not had to change a thing***. However, I saw this place and decided it was 60% where I wanted it and therefore I could have more house for less money. That part is true.. I'm great at estimating costs but time is another thing. I'm 90% done with the kitchen but that job was started 3 years ago. I jump around. I had big plans for certain rooms downstairs but instead I tore all of the walls out and made the downstairs one big open area. That 2 weekend project turned into 2012. And it's now 2013 and I have a lot more to do.

So between those two points I present myself with a lot of opportunities to damage my tender pink bod. Like I've said before "If I come home from work and don't have either an open wound or at least one article of clothing blood stained the wife thinks I skipped work and went to a beach bar". And she would probably be right.

Today's moment of self-mutilation: Getting the Luscombe T-8F back in annual. Walked all around it for 8 hours tinkering away. After years of messing with flying machines I've developed a sixth sense for trailing edges on high wing aircraft. Example: C150 = about 6' exactly when the tires are aired up. A slight ducking and all's good. It's been 10 years since I got a Cessna Diamond on my forehead. I can move around aircraft like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Except not on Mondays apparently. Just before I was going to leave this evening I did one last walk around. Ducked the TE just like the pro I imagine myself to be. Missed the TE with room to spare, not, however, the aileron lower control horn. Dug a nice ditch in my forehead. I'll check tomorrow to see if I did any structural damage to the airframe.

On reflection, Tony was right when he said years ago "Airplanes are more dangerous tied down than they are in the air". An adage I have proven true time and time again. I'm still missing 2 hours of time from back in 2001 when I forgot I installed the horizontal stab on the G-109. Still can't believe I didn't bleed out while I laid on the floor unconscious. That incident was messy and involved Gel-coat repairs.

Guess what I'm saying is that, though I'm addicted to tinkering, be it building woodies or tinkering on stuff..........I'm a dufus.

*** Or so I tell myself

Katie: Going out to the farm this weekend. I'll look some more. We aren't having a cold winter. I'm still having to mow the yard at home and the runway at work. Also, this morning my truck's windshield and paint was covered with pollen. My usually dormant this time of year Dogwood trees are already budding. I promise that if I can find one of them seeding you WILL get them in the mail. Even if I have to send my wife out into that snake infested field, no sacrifice is too great for the propagation of flora species.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:54 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,281 Posts
Ha ha ha, poor Sean. Gotta learn to duck better, or grow shorter.

Guys, I just got asked by ******** to write an article on ********. Way cool! I gotta get busy ******ing and ******-********ing!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:03 PM
User
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,564 Posts
Sean, once again, I do think that you should be an author. I truly appreciate reading your posts, and yes, laugh out loud at them many times!.

So, the only thing that I will say to this phrase, which may make it more in line with some things that I've heard, "Yep, I'll give it a shot or die trying", is if you hear someone preface it with "Hold my beer and watch this". Definitely watch what happens next, it's bound to be interesting!

Perfect - "I'll check tomorrow to see if I did any structural damage to the airframe." Hopefully the forehead is still in one piece!

I look forward to the next release of "in the saga of Sean in Fla..."!

Cheers,

Rob
P.S. Okay "Lil", break with the info. Fill in the "**'s" will ya?
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:07 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,281 Posts
Sorry, Rob. Can't. Or at least, don't wanna.

I'll let ya'll know as it goes on.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:26 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,494 Posts
Rob! This is too easy to figure out! Katie got asked by Adobe of how to take a proper picture for the Lion (mac)!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:54 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,844 Posts
Hi DW

Was checking in on the Eagles and the pair are building a new nest in a different tree, maybe they have a feeling that the other one has lived out it's life.

When wet there is a lot of weight on those tree limbs and need a virgin tree to trust with their chicks live's for years to come.

Put the pistol on hold while doing the last machine work on the turntable display stand, the 4 new lights are done and will get all the parts powdercoated at once in a few weeks.

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:01 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,019 Posts
Speaking of great moments in tender pink bod abuse Hoss had an interesting experience yesterday he should by all rights share with the crowd. He sent it to me in a PM and it elicited two vastly different responses in my household.

As my wife read it her facial expressions mimicked those of Tippy Hedren in various scenes from Alfred Hitchock's "The Birds". Astonishment, fear, pure unadulterated fright, dread, sympathy, the whole gamut of the human condition experiencing vicarious pain.

I, on the other hand, shot iced tea out my nose during a loud and (according to her) obnoxious, uncalled for and inconsiderate guffaw.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:42 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,639 Posts
It gets worse today Sean. While sitting here wondering if I'll still have a job after killing a FedEx truck with only 360,000 some odd miles (still new by FX standards), Larry calls me up. He runs the route on Wednesdays when I'm off. He said he talked to his wife , who also works at the station, and she said the mechanic was pissed at having to rebuild an engine and he told the managers that I drove through the water on purpose and killed the truck. Had me going for ten minutes when he said, "I'm messing with ya little fat buddy. The mechanic saved yer ass and told em you probly saw a car go through and thought you could make it too." This is, in fact, what happened and all was well until the tractor trailer swamped me. He went on to tell me that he was so light on freight volume that he was almost done and didn't even have any deliveries way out in the boonies like normal.
I told him, "that's for you Larry.. I suffer and commit vehicle murder and still clean up the route so you can have an easy day... I did this for you!"

Ps- it makes me happy to know that my pain and suffering gave you and Crazy Larry a good laugh.
At least Momma J was worried about me. LOL
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72