Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,744 Posts
I quit carrying a gun when I got to where I could kill a man with my hands.....
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:58 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by granada don View Post
Right on DW, my thought's too.

After my display case's are done etc, i'am going to scratch build a revolver out of alum with a steel lined barrrel as i have been wanting to build to build my own gun and now is the time.

I have plenty of time for doing my homework for the design etc.

G Don
That's excellent, G Don! I know you've got the tools and knowhow, without a doubt. AND, you could put about 200Ám of gold over the top .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:07 PM
Central California
Joined Jan 2010
951 Posts
Hey DW,

Congratulations on your new purchase.

I haven't been on here in a while...........kind of exciting!

I just purchased a new Ruger SR22 Semi Auto Pistol to use at the range. Them thar 357 amo is xpensive,being retired. So The SR22 is a substitute for fun and target practice. I also bought my wife a Ruger LCR22. It's an 8 shot revolver with a hiden hammer. She says she likes it,but says her Browning 25 Semi Auto is her carry gun.

I'm with you Garth. Except I kill with my looks

Eddie
hog2soar is offline Find More Posts by hog2soar
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:27 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,859 Posts
DW you must be reading my mind, i'am going to build two one in ano and the other in 24kt gold for a showpiece.

Thinking about a muffler too so i can do some target shooting here in the shop, that is 30ft long.

Thinking about a magum 22 -10 shot revolver that will show all the inside parts, like some of those very hi end watch's

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:36 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
I'm with Eddie, since I got old and ugly NO ONE messes with me anymore.

Seriously though 22LR is the way to go if you want to shoot a lot. I bought (I thought for my self) a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle (AR clone) back before Christmas. Very accurate, runs like a sewing machine and it's just........cool. Took the wife out to the farm and after we got back home she read the manual,cleaned it, put it back in it's case, gently placed it in the safe and announced "That one is mine. DO NOT touch it". Wish I had bought the other one too when I was at the LGS. They're scarce as hen's teeth now.

GDon, when you get done with that I'd like something similar, say in a 1911 frame, 10 MM, lots of exotic metals. No rush, my birthday isn't till July.

seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:38 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
Quote:
DW you must be reading my mind, i'am going to build two one in ano and the other in 24kt gold for a showpiece.

Thinking about a muffler too so i can do some target shooting here in the shop, that is 30ft long.

Thinking about a magum 22 -10 shot revolver that will show all the inside parts, like some of those very hi end watch's

G Don
Yep, put a can on it. I have a bud with a Chiappa .22LR upper on an AR MIL-SPEC lower with a can. When it fires you hear the action cycling and the brass hitting the ground over the actual shot.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:32 PM
User
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,575 Posts
Okay Gents, mixing it up a little here - not that I don't appreciate the current direction of this thread, but I thought I'd share my (probably) next build. Venturing into nautical stuff... kit will be arriving about the end of the month! My brother has built two other kayaks from this company and they are beautiful!

Cheers, and I may have to do a build log? Nah...

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:52 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
Very cool Rob! My neighbor is on his second kayak build. He is a wicked wood builder (no sailplanes yet but I"m trying). He even did caned seating. Darn things look too pretty to put in the water.

Why not do a build log? Plenty of crossover skills and techniques.

One of the coolest wood projects I ever got to see up close was a guy building a Falco. What a shame to cover up all that beautiful work with paint. When bored do a search for Seqouia Falco builds and see all of the work that goes into one. Compound curves everywhere and it looks like a molded airplane when done.

As for my woodie projects: Got the gates on my privacy fence done tonight...........in the rain.........after dark.........using the truck headlights to see. My dog is totally perplexed and frankly upset over the idea that he can't go that way while doing his nightly perimeter check of the compound. To show his displeasure he has marked all of the fence posts. So, anyone wanting to break into my shop will have to go the other way around as the dog has clearly laid out the boundaries.

Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:11 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Hi Eddie, how you been? How's Oly? Man I hear ya, a 50 round box of .380's here is $20.00. I can't afford to shoot a lot at 40 cents a pop. I can get Winchester white box for a little less but you come home wearing half of it and what wasn't black on your gun is now.

Your right Sean, plinkin with a .22LR is all day fun for about $16.00. About 30 years ago I was doing bowling pin matches, .45 ACP was the only pistol of choice. It was cost too much for store ammo so me and buddy bought some RCBS gear and started loading.

We were buying locally cast Bridges 205gr waxed bullets (a round ball but more tapered) for dirt. Burned only Winchester 231 flattened ball powder with CCI standard caps. We'd stay up all night and load rounds, about 500. The next day we'd shoot them all up . They were so clean, I wished I had the gear back . They were 5 cents a pop to make and was the best .45 rounds I've ever shot.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:13 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
Okay Gents, mixing it up a little here - not that I don't appreciate the current direction of this thread, but I thought I'd share my (probably) next build. Venturing into nautical stuff... kit will be arriving about the end of the month! My brother has built two other kayaks from this company and they are beautiful!

Cheers, and I may have to do a build log? Nah...

Rob
That is cool! It's a woody, Rob, build it here!
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:22 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I quit carrying a gun when I got to where I could kill a man with my hands.....
Me too, But I only need two fingers... I have to carry a gun to defend myself against the ever increasing wolf population out here... at least no gangs, only packs...
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Jan 08, 2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:24 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,859 Posts
Sean with all the stuff i have on my plate i will lucky to get my own going by July 014.

Plus fit in the new Primary glider too.

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:01 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
Quote:
Sean with all the stuff i have on my plate i will lucky to get my own going by July 014.

Plus fit in the new Primary glider too.

G Don

I was kidding ya Don. I I was just envisioning your workmanship on something like that. Would probably end up being a $25,000 piece at least.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:27 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,744 Posts
How'd I go from Darth to Garth?!?!
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:31 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004