Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:48 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Hey IHAVA..., here's a couple of shots from the archive for you of the OLY II SX. Getting there! Oh yes, I found your thread and read every post in it! Great information, thanks for sharing it.

Cheers,

Rob
Napa red? Yep, got some of that around here, and have been known to enjoy "some" too
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:56 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Man, she's lookin SA WEET Rob, nice photo's and great work... Let me know when she complete ( and make sure to post more photo's along the way)... It's a long winter here in Montana! When she's done maybe we can get together for some beautiful Napa valley soaring? Last time I was in Callistoga, (last year) I was bummed that the glider park was closed and abandon??? I was really looking forward to do some full scale soaring..
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:06 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
Man, she's lookin SA WEET Rob, nice photo's and great work... Let me know when she complete ( and make sure to post more photo's along the way)... It's a long winter here in Montana! When she's done maybe we can get together for some beautiful Napa valley soaring? Last time I was in Callistoga, (last year) I was bummed that the glider park was closed and abandon??? I was really looking forward to do some full scale soaring..
They been gone from Calistoga for years now, moved to crazy creek in lake county... That property is for sale now or was don't know how long that is going to last...

Coyote
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:12 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Coyote! hey man how you doin? Get that wing fixed or are ya still waitin on parts? Thanks for the glider park info... I notice the weeds where pretty tall? I use to chef the Mount View Hotel in Calistoga and trade the sailplane pilots dinners for soaring time... Great days those...
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:24 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the kind compliments! This is my first Skybench kit and I'm enjoying the build very much. I'll keep the photos coming as the project moves forwards!

You are on for some soaring here anytime that you feel like it. It's a great place to fly - I've got some special places to fly that are in the middle of vineyards and the views are quite spectacular, that is if you like lots of grapevines and mountains!? Seriously, if you ever find yourself heading this way please let me know... I know where to find a little vino and it's always great to enjoy a glass or two with fellow fliers!

I moved here in 1998, and I think the gliderport closed at about that time. I didn't know there was one here until I had relocated, and when I found out that it was no longer in operation I was bummed!! Soaring over the Napa Valley would have been beautiful.

Thanks again, more to come...

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:35 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Yeah those days are great memories... Hot air ballooning and Soaring the Valley was spectacular! Thanks Rob your very kind.... and I WILL CALL (PM) when I am coming that way...Thanks again for the photo's
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:24 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,075 Posts
Woody,

Just forward the points to Darth, he'll handle it from there. I got a really nice toaster for the wife last month. Tomorrow night I think I'll have a few, go down to LTUP and see if I can earn enough for a new transmitter.

Rob, looks awesome. I promise to get moving this month on something actually thread-worthy.

Wish you guys lived close to here. I could hook you up on FS soaring just about anytime. In fact the Pawnee and G-103 is coming over my house right now as I type.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:43 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
I'm so jealous... You have a good life my friend <<< see i'm smilin and green w/ envy!!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:48 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,075 Posts
Quote:
I'm so jealous... You have a good life my friend <<< see i'm smilin and green w/ envy!!
I wouldn't go that far Woody. Yeah, I have some amazing stuff around me but there is plenty of rain that falls too. I won't send the thread off in a bad direction but our NYE was interrupted by some news so bad that my wife is still walking around in a daze and sick to her stomach. Nobody has a perfect life. I for one dream about what Montana might be like. If it wasn't for the extreme cold I could do that state in a heartbeat.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:55 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Sorry bout the "news'' ... I know what you mean about the life part though... I have a friend( wha? I got one) I like to quote..." It's not always greener on the other side, but it's sure damn fun climing the fence!" Bring the wife to Montana in the summer? Yellowstone National Park right down the road and we can all go float the Madison River for some world class fly fishing. Oh Yeah, please bring the Pawnee and G-103 when you come... we'll switch off ... The PLANES MAN, SWITCH PLANES... ( not ... aw, nevermind)....
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Jan 04, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:14 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,075 Posts
Quote:
Sorry bout the "news'' ... I know what you mean about the life part though... I have a friend( wha? I got one) I like to quote..." It's not always greener on the other side, but it's sure damn fun climing the fence!" Bring the wife to Montana in the summer? Yellowstone National Park right down the road and we can all go float the Madison River for some world class fly fishing. Oh Yeah, please bring the Pawnee and G-103 when you come... we'll switch off ... The PLANES MAN, SWITCH PLANES... ( not ... aw, nevermind)....
Dammit man, I thought you meant..............well,.......................I was already packing the wife's suitcases and.....................

Yeah, I would like to make it up there sometime, and it WOULD be in the summer.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:50 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,779 Posts
Ahhh... memories... Now, the only thing that has me a bit miffed is the fact that Bobby Legue and HIGHSTARTER were mentioned in the same post. Just kidding about the miffed part, of course...

I was fortunate to meet Bobby at SWC the year he passed away. We visited one evening and had a b&c together... talked about musician friends and surprizingly, some of them were mutual... and we talked about models of course. What a gentleman. It's one of those times when you wish you'd lived closer to someone, and met them earlier in life because you know it would have been an epic friendship... Of course, there are many that frequent this thread that foster similar thoughts... but don'e let that go to your heads...

OK... enough waxing philosophic... Now... back to being the curmudgeon I've turned into in my old age...

Darth Nostalgic
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:03 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,299 Posts
With the new year I am freed of an old post that, though fun and rewarding, I felt was time to let go. No more newsletter for me; I can now RELAX. I'm going to start back up on working in my website and blog. I got some good stuff to, erm, blog about.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:32 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,299 Posts
For you nature lovers: http://blog.perunature.com/2012/12/n...ikely.html?m=1

BTW, any word on the eagles? Have the decided which nest to use?
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:48 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
Quote:
Coyote! hey man how you doin? Get that wing fixed or are ya still waitin on parts? Thanks for the glider park info... I notice the weeds where pretty tall? I use to chef the Mount View Hotel in Calistoga and trade the sailplane pilots dinners for soaring time... Great days those...

Got the parts now I've got to find the time....
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw