Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,763 Posts
I think I have the carbon flu... The weather's been crap, and I've been staying in because I have been having chest pains... ... Not to worry, the doc says I have an irritation of the cartilege that joins my sternum and my ribs. It HURTS to cough... It HURTS to breathe... but with the meds... I'm getting better... or maybe it's just the meds... ... I'll finish the man cave next week. All that's left is the new building surface and a bit of clean up... Then, it's back to cutting wood... and carbon...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:30 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,871 Posts
Hey take care JW, what can a man do?? Hope you get better soon and can go back to what you do best.

Surely with the brains trust on here we can find a solution. We would only need to strap you down, to your bench, feed you some quality spirits for fortification, and go to work with your trusty leatherman and whatever carbon we can find in your shop, with a bit of enginuity I am sure we could get that troublesome sternum back into tip top order. !!!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:59 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Jul 2011
150 Posts
(Heart monitor beeping in background)
"Nurse, I'd like the exacto with the #11 blade please.....
Suction please.....hey cut that out......
Carbon Fiber sternum please....
Kevlar thread sutures.......
Close with ca please....
Accellerator please...."

"You can turn down the Guiness IV drip now, thank you nurse"
Mr Smith1 is offline Find More Posts by Mr Smith1
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:04 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Nurses? damn, didn't think about nurses. I'll get a load of $1 bills and do a search for qualified applicants.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:11 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith1 View Post
Has there ever been a final consensus on the possibility/ specifics/ results of a flap/aileron wing?
Do it Mr. Smith, I enjoy mine immensely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Hi, IHAVA did a cranking full house slope version of the O3 a number of years back, documented o the boards here. If he is feeling venerable he might submit some info for you.
There is some info on page 273 & 277? in this fantastic thread Steve started 4.6520547 ( Ya I did the math) years ago... along with some of the only remaining posts from HIGHSTARTER ( that should make Shrederman feel like gettin up and kickin some a$$!!) And some posts from a GREAT guy named Bobby Legue, living vicariously thru us here on the woodie thread. RIP my friend!

What'da ya mean venerable? LOL
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Jan 02, 2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:17 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
Do it Mr. Smith, I enjoy mine immensely

There is some info on page 273 & 277? in this fantastic thread Steve started years ago... along with some of the only remaining posts from HIGHSTARTER ( that should make Shrederman feel like gettin up and kickin some a$$!!) And some posts from a GREAT guy named Bobby Legue, living vicariously thru us here on the woodie thread. RIP my friend!

What'da ya mean venerable? LOL

Yeah Woody, your full house OIII was awesome!! I've got 1 1/2 kits and have thought off and on about building a REF and a FS wing. Doubt I'll get around to building both anytime soon though. I will get one completed by summer, probably the REF (or RES) version.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:21 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,237 Posts
Hey, What'da ya mean WAS it's still in my hanger...

Quote} Seanpcola: I will get one completed by summer...
* ... and with your skills it's gonna be fantastic...
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Jan 02, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:27 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Guess I should have said "is".

You still got it sitting around for rebuild Woody?
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:34 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,237 Posts
Ah... think your thinkin of the one I blew-up before I built the sloper? Same color scheme...(almost) I crash'em way faster than I can buid 'em LOL
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Jan 02, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:37 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
Ah... think your thinkin of the one I blew-up before I built the sloper?
Yeah, that one. I must have missed where you built a replacement.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:57 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,237 Posts
Yeah, The plan was to have a "lite" one for the winch and a "heavier" one for the slope....

* like most of my plans... still needs some work!
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:52 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,871 Posts
Good thanks for clearing that one up WDY, I think most of us were a bit perplexed which one became exploded because they look the same. No doubt you told us all way back when, and no doubt we didn't read it right or just plain forgot. This happens with age.

Now where was I, ah yes! online nursing agencies, found one! => time to send a link to Sean to get his opinion of the 'medical' qualities they offer. We want only the best care for old JW.

Yeah, Histarter was funny, it annoys me that I miss his kind of bizzare entertainment.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:48 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,600 Posts
Sweet Oly 3 there IHAVA! I'm in the midst, well, maybe 80% through an OLY II SX build at the moment - just putting the finishing touches on the wings, then on to sanding and covering. It's been a great build, and don't hold this against me please, but I electrified it as I've got other craft for the slope and don't have a winch/ hi-start handy. From the photos, it looks like you removed most (all?) of the dihedral in the wing, and added ailerons/ flaps for the slope? Other than that, did you build it to plan?

I bet she flies great on the slope - nice and graceful!

Cheers,

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:31 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
Sweet Oly 3 there IHAVA! I'm in the midst, well, maybe 80% through an OLY II SX build at the moment - just putting the finishing touches on the wings, then on to sanding and covering. It's been a great build, and don't hold this against me please, but I electrified it as I've got other craft for the slope and don't have a winch/ hi-start handy. From the photos, it looks like you removed most (all?) of the dihedral in the wing, and added ailerons/ flaps for the slope? Other than that, did you build it to plan?

I bet she flies great on the slope - nice and graceful!

Cheers,

Rob
Yeah , she's a sweet flyer alright, every time a picture gets posted of it ( too often & I'm sorry for that) that same question comes up in my personal message box... I"m pretty sure I published it on post 4082 in this here thread, I'm old and have A.D. D. did I mention that already?? But, yes I did drop the dihedral of coarse, because of the ailerons & flaps. Spiral stability is exellent in the thermal turns and it rolls pretty sweet on the slope ( it's no blender by any means) but it's fun to fly. I get bored with just a rudder & elevator but I have A.D D. or did I mention that already???

Steve, those nurses for Sherderman better have a black belt... Deloris(SP?) Shred's lovely wife is rumored to have hard, bony fists and a mean left hook!

* robh, please post some photo's of your O2 SX here when you get a chance, i'd love to see it.
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Jan 04, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:20 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,237 Posts
Hey Sean, Got a question for an expert in the field such as yourself? I got my first points
yesterday! (finally) After almost 6 years. (lurking for a year before joining) I was just wondering where you go to redeem them for cash & prizes??? Figured you'd know? I.m hoping to accumulate enough for a large scale model or maybe take the cash???

* robh; i edited my post a bout O3 info... it was brought to my attention that not all browsers load the pages the same??? Good to know, I'll start to refer to post #'s instead of page #'s from now on.... sorry for ALL THOSE that I have misdirected in the past Info on the full house O3 is on post # 4082 in this "The Greatest Thread of All Times"
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Jan 04, 2013 at 09:32 AM.