Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:48 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Y not? Someone brought one in for show and tell at a meeting a few months ago, but never came back to tell us how the test flight went. So I got one, and am going to try it out. It was pretty fun installing it. I had the system on when I was packing it all into the GL, so the contr surfaces were all zigging and zagging as I was wiggling the gizmo into place. Orientation is key, and I was about to reverse the rudder when I saw that the thing would t fit into the plane right side up anyways. So I flipped it upside down and gave it a few test spins, and now everything is OK. I'll double check it tomorrow before launch, but I think it'll be good. Stop by at Dartmouth, if you want. I'll be using my little spycam to better judge plane stability. (Never mind pilot stability)

Darn, gotta rebalance it, too.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:19 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,234 Posts
Completely Selfish Pro-mo

For those that don't get out too much My build log for the Altimus S7 is going on here...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1796345

Please check in ...( those that haven't already) I would like to hear from the "experts" in the wood builders club! Good or bad , you know me< I can take it. besides hear's your chance to get back at me for all the smart a$$ comments I've made in your build threads

Happy New Years my friends!
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Dec 31, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:33 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
I've been enjoying every new build post on there. Not too sure about the pin-ups, though.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:03 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,234 Posts
Thanks Lil, Yeah, my girl (who's much more beautiful than that model), already gave me a steam bath over that....

Woodie, who doesn't always say the right thing, but ALWAYS has something to say.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:41 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
Completely Selfish Pro-mo

Please check in ...( those that haven't already) I would like to hear from the "experts" in the wood builders club! Good or bad , you know me< I can take it.

Happy New Years my friends!
Well Ihava, you might just have to put up with us instead.

Happy new year to you and yours too, and all the great wood sailplane building friends we all share here on RCG, even the ones that do the unthinkable and tinker with carbon..

atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:45 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,234 Posts
Yeah that Darth Guy? Haven't seen him around... Must be busy building something!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:52 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Joined Nov 2007
3,871 Posts
All that carbon dust must have finally got to him, sent him crazy?

(steve- looking at an unused BA on the shelf and CF dust on the shop floor.. )
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:04 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
That thing looks awesome Woody!

I hope for everyone to have a safe and fun New Years and excellent 2013!!

Wife lost the draw and is scheduled to go into to work tomorrow at 6:00 AM so no late night partying for us tonight. So, I'm going to sleep early too and plan on putting up the privacy fence around the man-cave tomorrow. First woody project of 2013.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:16 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,234 Posts
Wah whooo! Seans movin back in the build room, good for you man..your O3 or something else?? * ; anticipation...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:35 PM
AMA 3959
Joined Oct 2002
1,459 Posts
Happy New Year to all you woodie guys and gals! I drew the short straw and need to fire my equipment up on the 3rd instead of the 7th Oh, wait there is only one of me there Up side, put all the decorations away tomorrow, organize the "man cave". Charge up up a few laptops, sucks having 4 of them, oh, and the work cell Hope all finds you well in the New Year!!!

Al
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:43 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
Wah whooo! Seans movin back in the build room, good for you man..your O3 or something else?? * ; anticipation...
Not yet. For tomorrow I'll be working with wood building a privacy fence. My cave sits in the back corner of the yard but 28' from the West fence and 20' from the South line. On the back side I have added an additional roof for dry storage (lawn equipment, future projects, etc. On the West side I have my RC and utility trailer stored plus I usually keep the Cat 287 parked there. When you come up my driveway you see the Cat and trailers. Ugly and makes the place look like a construction site. So, I'm putting in a 7' privacy fence there with a 10' double gate to move stuff in and out. Makes momma happy, helps keep the yard secure and as a bonus stops the Veloci-Schanuzer from wandering around back there. I have extremely dense woods behind my house and occasionally I have visitors back there in the form of long slithery things with diamond shapes down their backs. All I need is for my dog to walk up on one of them. I always watch where I'm stepping but he stumbles around all dumb and happy. He already brushed across a Copperhead and to this day I have no idea why that snake didn't nail him.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:37 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Jul 2011
150 Posts
Happy New Year....I've been digging thru the thread, Saw Manfreds German Full house Oly III Picture....Has there ever been a final consensus on the possibility/ specifics/ results of a flap/aileron wing?
Mr Smith1 is offline Find More Posts by Mr Smith1
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:58 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
I flew again today with the gyro, and this time I had the little camera running. I'll post the videos whenever I can get them edited, it's s tremendous difference. Without the gyro the videos make me seasick.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:59 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,543 Posts
I'm shiverin' your flyin Lil? Get yer priorities straightened out!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:10 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Joined Nov 2007
3,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith1 View Post
Happy New Year....I've been digging thru the thread, Saw Manfreds German Full house Oly III Picture....Has there ever been a final consensus on the possibility/ specifics/ results of a flap/aileron wing?
Hi, IHAVA did a cranking full house slope version of the O3 a number of years back, documented o the boards here. If he is feeling venerable he might submit some info for you.

In 2007 I did a flaperon wing for my stretched inner panels and it works most excellently, can really give the O3 extra legs, and lift, coupled with rudder makes launches more responsive, and so on. If you are curious, just do it!