Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:29 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,822 Posts
Lord of the Flys in the Oint... er... Glue...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:52 AM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,671 Posts
And then there's me- drooling over a piece of glass- similar to pages ago mention of the Carbon demo piece, but it's only 15 feet long-ThThThThatt's all I can tell ya folks!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:57 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,671 Posts
WoW sure am glad I didn't get a virus! - had a locked up Mac for about 20 minutes earlier!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:22 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Yeah, politics will never drive me away from anything. It is the "sea of evil" and will take it's course. We do have something that 100% of us agree on, building and flying R/C sailplanes is a freakin ball!!! Let's just know that and we'll all stay brothers aaannnd sister .

Hey Stevers, how's Patches look? Other than maybe a reshrink here and there, I'll bet she's ready to rip . Don't think her frame would ever move too much.
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:19 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canardly View Post
WoW sure am glad I didn't get a virus! - had a locked up Mac for about 20 minutes earlier!
That's a server-side message, nothing to do at all with your Mac.
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:01 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Yup, Tim's right, that’s an exception thrown for unknown reason by Spring Web Services running on an Apache web server. I/O E could be from a million different things, physical or scripting bug/conflict. Darn sure not your machine, Cap'n.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:30 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Frame and wings look just the same Don, that is pretty true, surprising considering where the glider has been stored for so long- up on the trusses under hot roofs. Yeah just a touch up with the iron and covering was sorted. Fired Patches aitronics (lol) up the other day only to find that my rx battery extension lead to the rx was faulty, seemed corrosion got the better of it. Didn't stuff around and just roundfiled the item, that alone scared the crap out of me, bin it.

I have a little casual work again from the LHS, they tend to roll up with rc models to fit out or repair for their customers, mostly ARF's. This time it's a Phoenix Tiger Moth 40 fit out. At $20/hr it ain't gonna get me rich but it will pay for the two workbench's I just built- I didn't do the milk crate base and instead built proper straight benches out of timber, they form an L shape in the RH corner of the garage- and you can't complain about being paid to tinker with and test fly model aircraft, even if they are ARF's!

Since we moved into the house the northerly summer sloping winds have completely died and show no sign of returning, bloody typical! Got to get the histart out instead, yay!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:49 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Excellent about Patches' physical condition, yup, check her guts out real good. Dude, to make 20 bucks an hour doing what you love equates to 60 bucks and hating every minute of the day. There's a trade off between peace of mind and piece of money .

I like the L shape idea and want something similar in my garage. Right now, my garage is filled with empty Christmas decor tote tubs and I can't even move .

Hope your Hi-Start's OK from the heat, hell, it was like new anyhow so it should be OK too I would think. Don't worry, I'm sure your slope breeze will be back in the fall .
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:10 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,511 Posts
+1 for the L-shaped work bench. I'd 'L'ove to have one myself!
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:00 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,671 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys! It's gamehouse- download/internet games etc- now it's stuck in a revolving loop thingy with about 20 second cycle times-' refreshing' first page give it a whirlif ya want.
http://www.gamehouse.com
so anyway, a 3 day weekend, wife needs some comms help so we can move- got the word-
(I got a phone call @ werk 0930) about maintenance fella told us we're good to stay as long as it takes- as long as wife stays away from office- very easy to do!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:15 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,279 Posts
Great news Cap'n congrads....
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:03 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence View Post
Very recently a new little glider was released by ParkZone, a small foamy called the Ultra Micro Ask-21. Well in 1967 a designer named Walt Mooney had a similar sized sailplane called the Bolkow Phoebus and posted the plans for it in the magazine Model Airplane News. I thought I might share the article with all of you and a stitched together scan of the plan itself. Now I think I am safe on the copyright side of things due to how old the magazine article is and that it was a published plan but if anyone out there feels that this is somehow a violation of the RCGroups copyright rule please let me know and I will remove the plan.

So for your enjoyment I present to you the Bolkow Phoebus by Walt Mooney and be sure to check out the transmitter ad on the second page.

Wayne
I can't quit thinking about this little woody. I've read up on the Phoebus and it's a really neat sailplane, a little ahead of it's time I would say. It's just darn good looking.

I'm thinking about scaling the tiny model up by 50% and making it RE. I found some nano gear that would fit just right. The wheel may have to go but it's part of the look and I read it was required at the time, retract was not allowed??? Perhaps a fake wheel from hardened balsa.

Here's a vid I found of a fella over west Texas, flat flying little bugger...

Long glide back to Uvalde (4 min 21 sec)
Last edited by dwells; Dec 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:20 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,671 Posts
What a mess! Thanks for your infos guys! My step son went an undescribed vid site, which I needed to rebuild firewall settings, create a new account, which allowed me to go to my (favorite) game,played OK,but original account was continually looping, TCMac Forum was timing me out from a post within .5 second, did a disk permission repair, restart took about 4 hrs to surf through all the buggaboos. got up and running properly in a couple hours this AM. dogon Lion system, etc.etc.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:15 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
I got my Orange 3 axis stabilizer yesterday. I wanted to try it out, but bought the wrong connectors. On the way back home I got the right ones, and will be back out tomorrow to try it out. We'll see!
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:38 PM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
I got my Orange 3 axis stabilizer yesterday. I wanted to try it out, but bought the wrong connectors. On the way back home I got the right ones, and will be back out tomorrow to try it out. We'll see!
y Orange 3 axis stabilizer ? thought those were fingers

Al
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm