Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:04 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,680 Posts
Katie! There are 2 things that will never be taken away, even when some bosses threaten to take away our birthdays!
experience and crash counts (which =experience)
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:45 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
I must be wise in the hobby; I lost count already.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:08 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Sorry to hear that Katie. It'll fly again.

Jeff the Elder, call me this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to get last minute notes out. Kinda thinking the mods on this site are about to dump my account. Oh well, if I can't get back on here everyone can get my email from Hossman, Jeff, Aussie Steve, or crazy Brit (KWMTRUBRIT).

Among other issues I think the "Freedom of speech" thing has seriously shifted to one direction.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:46 PM
AMA 3959
Joined Oct 2002
1,471 Posts
LS, not going to make it tonight, crazy job has me doing, 6 days a week, till the 21st, then I go cold and dark I spent all morning weighing my balsa, and then writing it on the sheet Sean, you are good to go, I am friends with the mods on Facebook

Al
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:52 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,293 Posts
Keep pokin' it AL!
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:18 PM
AMA 3959
Joined Oct 2002
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
Keep pokin' it AL!
hehehe, we are family here

Al
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:07 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Cold and dark? ???

Well, too bad work kept you away. It was a fun party!

New and old officers were announced, as well as a report of TWO write-ins fora surprise presidential nomination. Alas, Paloma didn't win the majority, as Bob was saddened to report. Guess he'll be sticking around for another year. (Nope, I didn't do the write in!)

Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:12 AM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Aw bummer, Katie, oh well, that's flying, been there too, most of us have.

Take care Jeff, and fair enough, all the best.

Al needs a holiday!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:38 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Hey Steve,

Glad to hear you're getting settled in and bringing up the shop. Would love to see some pics ofn the short kit just as a teaser .

Jeff,

I've been exactly where you are with an owner/boss that I had to testify against. Terry Anderson (from Oz) was carted off to jail in front of the entire staff. He was kicked out of Oz for arms dealings and was busted here for illegal weapons (false wall in closet with full autos, falsified ID's, etc.). He was an olympian rapid fire pistol champion in the late '90s early 2000s.

His wife dropped the dime on him when she found that he had a girlfriend in Paris. It was very ugly around the firm for a while, she was half owner. You what you have to do. It's like the Thin Lizzy song, ..."if that chick don't wanna know, fogetta".

Stinker,

Sorry to hear of the BoT . You really have to watch your airspeed going downwind....ground speed fools us all. Low altitude base to final on a breezy day, loses the day.....
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:01 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Hi Donno,
that bloke sounds like a bad advertisment for our country, glad to hear he was accounted for, well done. My first real job out of secondary school was laboring for a kiwi bloke at an aircraft engineering hangar out of Toowoomba, Qld. I was hoping to get a civil aviation engineering apprenticeship out of it, it didn't transpire and after about 8 months and I gave the job up for lack of pay.
A couple of years later I heard from my father that the operation was busted for running midnight spares through Hawker Pacific amoung other places and the proprietor was sent to jail for a little stretch. So, I got lucky. I could have stayed there and ended up being his unwiting mule for the traffic of parts, I was only 16.

Mate I woke at sparrow fart this morning and finally looked at some quick snaps I took over the weekend so bunged them through the machine quickly and spit them out for the old woody thread. Working on opening the short kit soon, but yesterday I bought another 2nd hand shop table/drawer/shelf combo, will need it delivered.

I am trying, still getting around by bicycle, when I get work I have money for a car, just a 2nd hand 4 cylinder utility will do nicely, money isn't a problem but I won't blow $$$$ until I have an income again. I tell you what, getting together and making house with your woman is a time consuming and stressful excercise! and I am WAY out of practice, but we are both doing well and loving the comfort of a normal life again, all the little things mean a lot to us, having your own space you don't have to share with dozens of other people, after two and a half years of a very outdoor life, is a bit of a revelation. Hard to explain but Y'all know what I'm saying.

Sean! - hey be careful over there in the LUP section, we would miss you and the experience of your perspective! I thought you were ruffling feathers here in the sailplane section and the last person I remember getting canned for that was histarter years ago (y'know I still kind of miss his unique style of hairbrained entertainment, for some bizarre reason) so I knew that couldn't be it. Had to be the dreaded LUP... look where it got Froggy, and we all know how much fun froggy was... just saying, it's not worth it dude, free speech is the most precious gift society can give, I agree, but I'd miss you around here...
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:03 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,038 Posts
Hi Steve

What a great find looks like a very cool place and a view too plus a building space.

Enjoy, G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:45 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,512 Posts
NICE digs there Steve! Maybe me and Mine can come visit sometime. I'd probably just buy a ARF while I was there and find a nice home for it when I left.
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:59 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
I like it, Steve, looks very clean and inviting! Double car garage means half for a shop . Glad to hear you all are doing well, I know you're relieved to get you a good spot. Shouldn't be long now, we'll have a little Stevers crawling around .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:27 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Steve,

That is an awesome looking pad! Looks like a lot of beach houses around here.

What's the propane for? Outdoor cooking or ??????

Oh, a word of advice though it might be too late for you. Remember, you will make some crucial decisions during the move in. These decisions will stay with you the rest of your life. Things like:

what side of the bed you sleep on. Make the call and that's where you'll be forever. Choose wisely, check angle to TV.

I'll be fine. I like an occasional verbal knife fight. I'm going to back off and let the points age and go away.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:30 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,670 Posts
Dust ruffels and throw pillows are in Steve-O's future fellars!
Steve? What little bitty thing does she do now that just tweaks yer nipples the worst?
Now realize yer nipples are gettin tweak for a looooooong time, and not in the good way.
Now, you have to wonder what little thing it is that you do that tweaks hers and then realize..... You will stop doing it!
Oh, make sure she closes that bathroom door when she pees... That's a very important part of a realtionship!
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72