Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:06 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
I need help! Yeah, and alot of therepy as well. Seriously though, if any of you comic strip readers have any transperant film covering, (doesn't care about brand) in yellow, orange & red, I want to try something on the new plane I'm building. I only need a very small amount of each, like only a square inch or two of each color to test out an idea. Trying not to have to buy a roll of each just to find out my idea isn't going to work out ( usually my luck) SHOOT ME a PM. Will gladly pay $THOUSANDS$ of dollars to send it this way, just don't want to spend $35.00 on three rolls that I can't use
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Dec 03, 2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: I don't need a reason, it's my post!
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:50 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
I've got transparent red, and I think some green around here, and would be happy to send along some. Please PM me your address and it will be on the way! Looking forwards to seeing what you're up to!

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:00 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Winner! That's ONE right color... who said anything about green? your just tryin to get $THOUSANDS$ of dollars? Maybe your thinking of the Coyote's wing suit?
Thanks man....$$$$ and PM on the way

* super secret project... Ok don't tell anyone but I'm developing a state -of-the-art woodie with super cool airfoil and planform to enter in F3J contests. Going to Kick DP's a$$ in the worlds next year...
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Dec 03, 2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: leave me alone already...
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:57 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,305 Posts
When you said TRANSPARENT, I thought about my belt roll of clear. Alas, the only other trans colors I have are blue and purple. Good luck with the super secret project.

Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:21 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Thanks Katie, and SHHhhh! I don't want this to get out to early...might give Daryl the chance to one-up-me..ha ha, SHHhhh
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:42 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Jeff, thought you were the confirmed bachelor of the bunch?????
From everything I've seen with her so far, she's worth giving up my bachelor ways for. Besides... she likes to work with wood* and is interested in learning how to build and fly sailplanes like we do. In time she could give our lone female thread member some company here on the forum**. Pictures? Well I'll have to work on that as she is very camera shy. I have a number of tricks in my camera bag for that problem though. She can't hide from the camera she can't see.

* Again... minds out of the gutter here gentlemen.

** Heaven help us all if they were to get together in the real world! We would be in major trouble here gents!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:17 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Wuz up with this curse of the O3? Hate to read about your plane, Wylie....dammit!
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:24 AM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Good luck Scaflock, but I'll remain a confirmed bachelor.

Like John Mellencamp sang, "I need a lover that won't drive me crazy. One who knows the meaning of, 'hey, hit the highway".
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:23 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,079 Posts
IHAVAWDY, I know I have yellow and red. May have orange. I sent a whole roll of orange to GDon but may have some scraps. I'll report tonight.

OK everyone had a telephone conversation with the Coyote this morning. After a thorough debriefing and a detailed description of every movement he made that day from the time he woke up until he was heading home from the field I was able to deduce the exact second he screwed up. The moment the debis field settled he failed to properly pass blame. A serious breech of etiquette.

Photographing the fairer gender: I have a story to tell but will save it for later.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:59 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
[QUOTE=seanpcola;23429609]IHAVAWDY, I know I have yellow and red. May have orange. QUOTE]

Sean, *In a high pitched girly voice, MY HERO!
absolutly no hurry man, robh from napa said he had the red covered, and you know as well as I, Napa grows the BEST transparent red on the planet...Just needing the orange & yellow bits, And Florida grows the best oranges and lemons... this IS going to be a world beater! This one's for you Sean, my hero!
UNDERDOG Cartoon Intro (0 min 45 sec)

People in this thread are THE BEST Thanks guy's & girl...
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:33 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,960 Posts
Yep got all three colors, let me know where to send them.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:03 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,500 Posts
In my musings with transparent covering films I've found they all have VERY different working temps. Enough heat to almost shrink Moneykote will make Econokote or Ultracoat curl up into a mumbling ball in the corner. I've got some trans red MK on the outboard panels and Ultra on the inboard. If I had some trans red Ultra that MK would come off in a hurry and be in the bin with the SoLite (aka Film of Mephisto)
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:07 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Sean, NEVERMIND what I was ramblin 'bout earlier.... G-DON is MY HERO!!!! $$MILIONS$$ and a PM comin your way brother.

*Granada Hills california, grows THE BEST oranges, lemons, AND grows THE best translucent red IN THE WORLD!!!
** now I'm really comin for you Perkins!!
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Dec 03, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:11 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacquerhead View Post
In my musings with transparent covering films I've found they all have VERY different working temps. Enough heat to almost shrink Moneykote will make Econokote or Ultracoat curl up into a mumbling ball in the corner. I've got some trans red MK on the outboard panels and Ultra on the inboard. If I had some trans red Ultra that MK would come off in a hurry and be in the bin with the SoLite (aka Film of Mephisto)
Tanks for the info Laquerhead, temps aren't going to be a factor in this experiment, but I will take that info if things work out and I end up running these in the final...
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:13 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,079 Posts
[QUOTE=IHAVAWDY;23430321]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
IHAVAWDY, I know I have yellow and red. May have orange. QUOTE]

Sean, *In a high pitched girly voice, MY HERO!
absolutly no hurry man, robh from napa said he had the red covered, and you know as well as I, Napa grows the BEST transparent red on the planet...Just needing the orange & yellow bits, And Florida grows the best oranges and lemons... this IS going to be a world beater! This one's for you Sean, my hero!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHej4ZqZDwo

People in this thread are THE BEST Thanks guy's & girl...

I'll trade you some oranges and lemons for some Napa Valley Red.............................
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola