Hellferstout 5 26.32%
Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:10 PM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,030 Posts
Interesting, Rob. So, in other words, we won't hear any "wining" about the harvest, cause things are going "grape"!
Don Stackhouse is offline Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:33 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie Shaw View Post

Hey Sean, I need outlines of the inner/outside wing panel break ribs and the outline of the plywood wing doubler caps.
Wylie,

I promise (everyone witness this to keep me on track!) that I will get the wing plans out to you Monday.

Really bud, I'd fix it for you ASAP and get it back to you RTF if you want to send it over. Shouldn't be much to send it. Your choice.

You want me to send some ribs too?
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:05 AM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,591 Posts
Bummer to hear Wylie! at least it's a low level repair??!
Military Channel was running Crimson Tide tonight, Bridges of Toko Ri Next week,got a tad frustrated with commercials, so wife put in our disk, 50 minutes behind TV, and closed with an 8 minute gap- with no cuts! I love it cuz I helped build em! anyway wife has my belly full of steak and is quiet of my balsa in living room!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:08 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
Hey, WTFF!
Wylie really flew the Olympic III, no way!!

Onya Wylie !!!!

Dunna matta mate, she'll be good as gold again no worries. I think we we could blame Don S for not warning you before you flew it ... .. .
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:39 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Wylie,

I promise (everyone witness this to keep me on track!) that I will get the wing plans out to you Monday.

Really bud, I'd fix it for you ASAP and get it back to you RTF if you want to send it over. Shouldn't be much to send it. Your choice.

You want me to send some ribs too?
Yeah Stevie it flew well, it's got long legs.....I missed that memo from Don S.!!!

Sean haven't looked at since the oops but will look again at it and make a list of what is needed. It shouldn't be hard to fox just basically re-attach inning the tip panel. Did notice a problem with the servoe in that wing, suspect broken gears.
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:32 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stackhouse View Post
Interesting, Rob. So, in other words, we won't hear any "wining" about the harvest, cause things are going "grape"!
Ohhhhh, good one Don! What a great way to start the day - a cup of coffee and some good humor -thanks!
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:34 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
OLY III Field Picture

Pic wuz taken just b4 the semi fatal flight, have inspected the wing further, and it will only take an hours worth of work to fix. (thats normal time that is NOT Coyote time)...... A real clean break, no other damage to wing other than my pride... but at least it will fly better now.....

Coyote

Name: OLYIIIFIELD.jpg
Views: 50
Size: 71.5 KB
Description:
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:11 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
ROFLMAO!!!! Wylie.... How many time do we have to tell you NOT to order things from the ACME catalog? (aka Sean!! Just kidding buddy!) I would think that after all the episodes on T.V. where the ACME products went SNAFU you would have learned by now. Sorry to hear about the mishap especially after all the time it took to get her in the air. At least it's an easy fix and if you really want it to fly better.... it needs to have at least a few repairs.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:12 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Yeah Wylie! Spoken like a true woody pilot. Good on ya Coyote, stay with it.
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
. Is it too late to start building an Arc?

Rob

Sir,
In response to your order for the giant size Ark kit I regret to inform you that we are currently sold out and have no idea as to when they will be back in stock. Should you wish, we will place you name on the notify list and let you know when we receive a new shipment of the a fore mentioned kits.

regretfully,

ACME Arks Inc.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Sorry guys.... Wylie and Sean have me on an ACME kick here.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:14 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
How about one of those super tough titanium umbrellas? The wind here is gusting upwards of 60mph and this old house is surrounded by HUGE cottonwood trees

*edit, weather station says gust 67 sustained 52!(Madison) bottom of page. Norris hill http://www.wunderground.com/US/MT/015.html
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Dec 02, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:40 PM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
THANKS GUYS..... Acme and the Coyote go way back.... hmmmmmm now where's that road runner beep beep.!!!!!!

The Coyote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:22 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
ROFLMAO!!!! Wylie.... How many time do we have to tell you NOT to order things from the ACME catalog? (aka Sean!! Just kidding buddy!) I would think that after all the episodes on T.V. where the ACME products went SNAFU you would have learned by now. Sorry to hear about the mishap especially after all the time it took to get her in the air. At least it's an easy fix and if you really want it to fly better.... it needs to have at least a few repairs.
Sir, I'll have you look back on all of the RR episodes. I defy you to find one instance of ACME products not working as advertised. In fact I'll go further and say that these products usually BETTER than advertised, and therein lies the problem. Operator error.

J/k Coyote, no reflection on you. It's not like you were operating a rocket ship or an anvil flinging giant slingshot.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:39 PM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,030 Posts
A guy I worked with years ago told me about a very insightful comment his 4 year old son made while watching RR: "Dad, you know what the coyote's problem is? He's got nothin' that steers."

And really, that's what a lot of engineering comes down to, controls. The Wright brothers knew this. While everyone else was busy trying to get off the ground, they were more focused on how to control the plane once they got there. Their patent was not about the 1903 powered Flyer, it was about the control system on their 1902 glider. It's like the old adage, "takeoffs are optional, but landings are mandatory." And more than anything else, landings are about control.
Don Stackhouse is offline Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse