Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,507 Posts
Ahhh Katie! So Sorry to hear! Julie expresses her condolences too! here-take some 'pain killer'
Johnny
The Muppet Show: The Swedish Chef's Uncle (with Danny Kaye) (2 min 54 sec)
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:30 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canardly View Post
Ahhh Katie! So Sorry to hear! Julie expresses her condolences too! here-take some 'pain killer'
Johnny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyLTk...feature=g-vrec
Mission accomplished. And I don't even like Muppets!
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:56 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
Maybe just make balsa plywood and slice diagonally?
I want to say I've read about Dr. Drela or maybe Alan doing that. My brain is mush today after the onslaught of "we need to get this project done before end of year" started today.
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Last edited by Lacquerhead; Nov 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:18 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Talkin' wood? Good.

The BoT ARF build is nearly done. I really lucked out with the H stab servo -- I used 5 minute epoxy to put it in (By the way: Bay Area peeps, Aero Micro has Mylar shrink tubing!), and completely blitzed and forgot to zero the servo before epoxying it in. Derp! Luckily, the servo was very near center already. I'm not fond of the servo wire extension. It's fat wire, standard I guess, and heavy. Phhhhfffftttt! I can always change it later.

Now I'm going to clear up some binding where the stab rubs the fuse, and then install the rudder servo and wind anti-twist pegs.

And, yeah, it's 12:18 am. So what.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:32 AM
Los Gatos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
161 Posts
Katie, sorry about your loss . Stay strong my friend.

--Ates
atesus is online now Find More Posts by atesus
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:56 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
Just caught up here after arriving back in the Wide Bay on Monday evening.

Katie, we sincerely send you our thoughts and love and hope you are ok, an online family isn't much use I know, but you are part of a wonderful community who appreciates your woody building and flying endeavours. We are all with you each day in our own small way.

Hoping to join the building again soon, and do my bit here too; have a rental property approved at Point Vernon, where I left before the long bicycle tour in 2010, with good workshop space, so here is hoping! wish me luck.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Last edited by atmosteve; Nov 30, 2012 at 03:02 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:47 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
On the contrary, Steve! Online friends are perfectly suited as someone to vent with, talk with, and sometimes share a laugh. You guys are my shot of insanity in this too-real world.

I'm going to set the last couple servo screws and call it a night. Erm, morning. 1:47 am here, and raining like stink.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:10 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
3:09am here.

Earlier, I was walking home from work at 2am. Saw two identical black cars parked outside a house. They both had 'Australian Business' printed on the side. One had its boot open.

Seems legit.

- boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:46 PM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
Coyote's oly iii ready to fly - finally!!!!

After a long time, and a lotta miles in between (3 moves) 1 cross country and 2 local finally got the Oly III that I had Sean build for me ready to fly(the nekked version you can see on www.skybench.com Ray Hayes site). Balanced out a smidge nose heavy will fix later just don't want any surprises. My bro dropped a fishing box on the vertical fin/rudder and and had to rebuild it that took a little time.(actually the handle broke and the oly wuz sitting underneathI won't let him live it down either since he is a fishing nut). So hopefully the pics will be included. will be maiden this Sat (tomorrow) woo hooo.... got the electronics a chargin.....

Name: OLYIII.jpg
Views: 74
Size: 167.4 KB
Description: Name: OLYIII2.JPG.jpg
Views: 70
Size: 139.5 KB
Description:
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:35 PM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,044 Posts
So your saying his hobby can kick your hobbies A@#$%^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie Shaw View Post
After a long time, and a lotta miles in between (3 moves) 1 cross country and 2 local finally got the Oly III that I had Sean build for me ready to fly(the nekked version you can see on www.skybench.com Ray Hayes site). Balanced out a smidge nose heavy will fix later just don't want any surprises. My bro dropped a fishing box on the vertical fin/rudder and and had to rebuild it that took a little time.(actually the handle broke and the oly wuz sitting underneathI won't let him live it down either since he is a fishing nut). So hopefully the pics will be included. will be maiden this Sat (tomorrow) woo hooo.... got the electronics a chargin.....

Attachment 5340160 Attachment 5340161
highflier is offline Find More Posts by highflier
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:20 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie Shaw View Post
KA-THUMP!!!! The sound you just heard Lady and gentlemen was Sean hitting the floor as he fainted dead away. We were beginning to think that the "Wonder Oly" Was never going to fly Wylie! Glad to see that things have settled down enough for you to get her finished up and ready to go.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:14 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
LMAO, that's too funny, Jeff !

I can't wait to read your maiden report, Wylie. It should fly like all the rest, maybe 1 click left or right or up or down. Sure is a pretty plane, just watch dem poles .

P.S. Hope the weather is PERFECT for you!!!
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Last edited by dwells; Nov 30, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:00 PM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
Wx is partly cloudy approx 13kts wind, should be nice... Hopefully get some pic's while I'm at it.

Lol ?... Jeff, Not a question of never but just when....
Last edited by Wylie Shaw; Nov 30, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:04 PM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflier View Post
So your saying his hobby can kick your hobbies A@#$%^
Had a lot of things going on taking care of the wife and then took on the added responsibility of looking after me brother. 3 moves, building a place to stay..(still a work in progress). So ole Father Time kicking me butt.

Coyote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:36 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
Ohhhh crap! Wylie I just read your post and guess what it reminded me of? The 15 promises I made to you about getting those measurements! Dude, I apologize!!!!

The OIII looks good though. I still like the minimalistic color pattern. When I do get around to mine I may do it the exact opposite so they'll be sisters.

Good luck tomorrow and file a report.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola