Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:33 PM
delete account
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Jeff, the bike idea is a great one! I used to go on slope tours around SE Qld with my DRZ400 and was able to go places a car would never take me, discovering new slopes and meeting up with fellow flyers I had met online. Great times, just add bike and a back sling. My Mum sewed a couple of old sleeping bags into glider carry bags for me years ago, and I still have them back home. Yep Hoss, slope is another kind of relaxation therapy, just so easy, no launching gear, just yer arm.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:42 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Yep Steve, I definitely remember the dreaded.............gasp...........Australian Toe Turkey! Evil, cagey bastards they are! I did my best today to rid the world of the evil things.

Love the bike photos. A Kawasaki man too Steve! Last one for me was a KX400 MX. Loved it except for the power band. It didn't have one. No matter how I geared it the throttle was more of an on/off switch. You were either plugging along too slow or over on your back. Took a LOT of learning to ride that one well. Wish I still had it though.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:52 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,321 Posts
Steve, I think I missed that story. How did a turkey kill your woodie? Interesting dive angle, by the way.

Did I show you fells this yet? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tabilizer.html Gyros were brought up in the eagle thread, and I am again reminded that I'd like to try one.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:00 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Katie, Steve's assault by Turkey wasn't for the weak of stomach. They don't dine on wood, they prefer the very flesh of the unwary! The man couldn't leave his house without full foot protection. Those evil, feathered killing machines tried to perform a podiatry operation on him every time he left his house. Insidious, dangerous and relentless creatures they are.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:20 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,321 Posts
I'm sorry. I just

can't help

laughing! Those poor tootsies!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:27 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,321 Posts
Ours may be prettier, but they're starting to get nasty here, too.

http://m.nbcbayarea.com/nbcbayarea/d...tguid=gjN1cWWz

I remember a news blurb a couple years ago about a flock in Palo Alto chasing and attacking all the people on Segways. Yeah, ritzy part of town. Apple, Stanford, etc.

Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:04 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
And you people laugh at us rednecks for gunning up! Who will have the last laugh whent the ..........Turkeypocolips comes? You'll all be cowering in your houses with 5 pairs of socks on and ugly steel toe-d work boots while we rid the world of evil zombie-fowl.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:01 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,630 Posts
and in the mean time----
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=2008
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:41 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,321 Posts
That's a gull that won't carp on my jacket.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:27 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
A few years before I left California for Georgia, they released 5 pairs of turkeys into the national forest near my place. They said no hunting them for 5 years to give them a chance to get established. Well they forgot that wild turkeys are smart birds and they had no natural predators in that area. After 3 years they had to open them up for hunting or be over run by them!!!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:35 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Cheers woodie guys, and sheila! Any holiday that involves a great feed and some quality time with family, friends or those you care about, and for appreciating our blessings can only be a good thing, and I wish you all the best.

Cheers GD for the build log progress and your words too, good points.

Now, some of the old timers on this thread may remember what Turkeys represent to me..- Terror! Vengance!! and Pain!!! - go ahead and eat the buggers, I say!

Some pics for laughs.
Well do I remember this digit munching beast. Belongs to an Aboriginal witch doctor, as I recall. Sent to your home to peck a mofo mojo on you causing Patches' demise. Beware, Mr. Mac, you will see him again .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:07 AM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
That's a gull that won't carp on my jacket.
Something fishy about that comment...
Don Stackhouse is offline Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,655 Posts
"No launching gear.... Just yer arm" says he

That's all I do Steve-O! I'm the last of the javelin slingers! All the others took up DLG and started twirling like balerinas on expresso... I should change my nickname to Spearchunker.
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:58 PM
delete account
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Hoss, Sean I know is in honest awe at your hand launching techniques, I sometimes wish he was a bit more savvy with technology so he could take a video of your styles and post it here for us to enjoy. Well, Katie might enjoy it, if you are in one of your thermalling naked moods.

One day I'd like to try learn the DLG way, just to make me a better thermalling pilot if nothing else, only tried it once and my technique was found very very lacking.

So cool that little baby gull, Cap'n, but now I want to build little gliders again darn it!

Lil Stinker, I suspect Don W is correct, the day of the rabid zombie turkey is not over for me, it wasa horrid affair, as Sean so eloquently described. The actual cause of the OlyIII's demise in 2008 was an MPX synth Rx lockout, from about 150 yards up on a landing approach, straight in at terminal velocity- the lockout occured just as I pushed in a little down elevator, of course..

I don't recall how i came to attribute the disaster to my rogue villanous bush turkey, but it wasn't hard.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Last edited by atmosteve; Nov 23, 2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:27 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
No doubt it was Toe Turkey related Steve. I promise that in 2013 I will get updated on my tech stuff. I'll get photos of the Hossmiester abusing a poor little HLG glider, recorded for posterity. The man beats gliders into submission and they just climb out on a butterfly fart for fear of Hoss-style reprisal. However, I won't be held responsible for any R rated footage. All of us here on the Emerald Coast tend to operate with minimum clothing. It's a humidity thing.

Speaking of which! Hoss, you and I are about due for a man-day. Let's plan on a Saturday soonest. Bring all of your bang sticks and winged contraptions. We'll fly till we can't stand it anymore then head to my private gun range. I'll even pop for the zombie targets................and I've acquired some cool ones.

On a somewhat related note: If I am absent from here for a bit it will be because of some swishy members that can't handle reality. Long story short: I may get a vacation. Right or wrong (I am NOT) I intend to defend my rights. If I get a vacation then so be it. I'll have Hoss or Jeff communicate for me.

Had a turkey sandwich today for lunch and it was good. Bit down on something hard that looked like a toenail but I'll let that fly.