Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:59 AM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Congrats Katie! I wish I could sleep in 'til 6AM. I get up at 4AM (and on Wednesday it's 3:30AM). However, I work a 7 on, 7 off schedule, so technically I only work half the year. But they are 12-15 hour days.
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:05 AM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,451 Posts
way to go LS I am on call 24/7/350, but hey. it's a job! sorry for the double pic post, here is the inside of the sailboat kit

I am working 12-8 today and most of tomorrow, if you want to stop by Sunday PM me!

Al
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:10 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Congrats, Kiddo!! They picked a winner for sure! Won't be long you'll get whatever shift you want...promise.
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Apr 2005
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
I got the job! Yippee!

I start Monday, at (yuck!) 6 am, later to move to swing shift (even yucker). But it's a $2 increase over my last job, and without the hour long commute that ate up at least $50 a week. Woo hoo!

Where's the par-tay?!?
Congratulations! When I read that you had done so well with the assembly tests, I knew you would get the job!

To celebrate, purchase that ARF Bird of Time for your hubby, and yourself, of course.

This thread moves quickly! A nice new kitty! Years ago one of my parents' cats had a litter and one of the kittens looked almost exactly like your kitty. It really liked having its fur brushed, all day long if I had the time.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:22 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,283 Posts
Al, I'll take the Dumas kit. I found the plans with the formers, and will get those when I'm ready to build it.

Hang on to that BoT! We have to catch up on a few bills, and then we'll be by for it. Will you be at the November contest? We can discuss logistics then.
Lil Stinkpot is online now Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:23 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,500 Posts
Congrats Katie!
Got done with the cutting, but the last hour had adjustments, as my depature was early- to get wife to hospital for a Neurology checkup- She fell down pretty hard last weekend, but not so hard as to wake me up, bottom line is the last infusion blew her immunity level to total kaputt- 2 month cold now- that was yesterday's visit- then todayN Doc said" i'm assuming it broken until proven otherwise- which- yes- it is broken- so she's a tad slower now- as a must do!
I made a 'film' for documenting, but forgot it @ work so guess you'll have to settle for this instead d!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:14 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,023 Posts
Congrats Katie!
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:44 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
Nice one stinker, thought you'd get it too, for some reason.

Don W- how could you even think..... eek:

Cool pics Cap'n, and hoping you shake that cold. I inherited a headcold from Germany that I'm only getting over now and 1 week has been bad enough, bugger being under for 8 weeks.

Just the usual 105F weather here, melting..
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:24 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,283 Posts
Stay cool, Steve-O.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:17 PM
Jeff
USA, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Aug 2003
645 Posts
Big Bird XL progress check in...

Just thought I'd check in.

Still chipping away at the right wing panel. One rib and shear web at a time.

Bottom sheeting is all laid out and glued together where need be,
Carbon enhanced lower spar epoxied down,
And about a 2/3rd of the inner ribs and full width shear webs installed with wood glue.

Have had little time to play with the Icon. So that's why no reports. The new job demands some extra effort for now to get established as a player. Just the way it is at my level. You have to establish your expertise beyond just an interview. Might have to travel to St Louis in the next few months. But there is also chances to travel to Korea, China, and Taiwan. But those are well into the future if at all.

Stay well all. I check in regularly, if not post.
gdjsky01 is offline Find More Posts by gdjsky01
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:07 AM
User
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,571 Posts
Chiming in a little late here but wanted to send along a "congrats" to Lil also, nicely done!

Now that you will have some funds to work with, maybe you need a stern mounted bbq for the sailboat!? Just thinking of fun toys that you might enjoy, how nice of me eh?

Cheers,

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:09 PM
AMA 3959
Joined Oct 2002
1,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
Al, I'll take the Dumas kit. I found the plans with the formers, and will get those when I'm ready to build it.

Hang on to that BoT! We have to catch up on a few bills, and then we'll be by for it. Will you be at the November contest? We can discuss logistics then.
LS, you got it! I will meet you at the contest, not going to fly, family in town, pay me when you can, just get that big box out of my garage

Al
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:09 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,283 Posts
Al, you're wonderful! Deal.

Rob, I actually have one, a little propane powered BBQ. It's not the greatest, it has only two settings: "burned" and "glowing". I'm thinking of cutting a series of planks that will fit across the seats. One will be good for the grill, and all of them will make me a place to sleep in the cockpit. There IS a cabin, but it's cramped.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:32 PM
User
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,571 Posts
Hey Lil,

I should have guessed that you would have already had one! My only advice, or thought on your idea, is that having a barbecue that swings out/ hangs over the water is a good thing. Don't ask me how I know, but when flaming stuff falls it's nice to have it over the water, not over the boat!

Cheers,

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:14 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,283 Posts
Heh. You can say that again. While not quite as flamable as varnished wood, fiberglass has enough resin to give me pause. It will be a while before we can afford the rails we what to install, so in the meantime, we'll just do what comes naturally to a Potter....

Photo compliments of Don Person, the "Unofficial Club Photographer".