Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:50 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Plus, don't forget about your extended ASCII characters so you can draw stupid little trucks and junk .

╗
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓
ΘΘ        Θ  Θ  Θ
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Last edited by dwells; Sep 26, 2014 at 05:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:49 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Nice work Don. Freightliner isn't it? With a "Great Dane" Trailer to boot too!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:08 AM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Plus, don't forget about your extended ASCII characters so you can draw stupid little trucks and junk .

╗
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓
ΘΘ        Θ  Θ  Θ
Lol, That's just "excessive"
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:12 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,030 Posts
Na that looks like a ' Pete ' to me.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:13 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
Nice work Don. Freightliner isn't it? With a "Great Dane" Trailer to boot too!
Wabash trailer actually .
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:26 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Hey Don,

Send me a PM telling me how to do really obnoxious drawings. I love to send the wife little love notes by email during the day.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:39 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Here you go. You just have to use your imaginaaaaation (as Sponge Bob would say). Hold down your alt key while you type the decimal number on your 9 key and the character will appear. Alt + 255 is null which you can use to make spaces because sometimes the spacebar won't work following an extended character.

Have Fun!
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:04 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Thanks Don, I'll practice until I can get something suggestive on the screen.

On the local forum a lot of guys have Jeeps, 4x4s and deer done that way. Looks cool.

Moved over to the wife's backup diesel powered PC since it's much faster on downloads. Up around 256kb per hour now.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:26 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,673 Posts
Where are those buttons again?
I have some wild stuff in the TC Fonts!
Wife found the upper part of a duplex to move to- visit @ 1000 tomorowww
oh that 2nd floor hurts!
At6 least most of the factory is in boxes!
Great Humor Katie! Thanks fer the grin!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:02 AM
Jeff
USA, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Aug 2003
645 Posts
Wow. As Steve would say... "A lot happens in a few days." It really is amazing we all share a love of building what we fly. We all share a love of soaring whether pure silent or assisted by a twirly bit. And for some of us we share a love of computers and coding. For others of us we share a love of the night sky. So much we have in common. And then we are reminded that indeed we are all different as well. In some ways very different. Nuff said. You are all really great peeps!

So onwards...

Pinning the sheeting together on the next wing of the Big Bird. That's really slow progress... but I gotta write some code this weekend for the new gig... I been getting home at 7:30ish each night and need to spend some quality time with the Missus and the kitties. And this weekend, I'd normally be out to launch . Rockets that is! At RocStock on Lucerne Dry Lake Bed.

Bought a throw meter (yeah, I coulda built one ... but I bought it) for setting up the Icon. Got the original Icon manual from a great guy here on RCG, so I have starting throws now and a starting CG... I may get to toss it Sunday morning if I can get enough code written tomorrow.

Be cool!
Jeff

gdjsky01 is offline Find More Posts by gdjsky01
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:01 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Well, my good PC is back up but with some weird quirks. I thought the vid card had gone out but before replcaing it I unplugged everything, plugged back in and then changed from HDMI 2 to HDMI 1 on the back of the TV. Now Firfox has slowed down and I can't do searches through the search box on the right side. Also, lost all cookies, passwords and such. Weird.

Jeff, sounds great on the Icon. Remember, field report due! Bet you're gonna love that thing. I love my woodies but a glass slipper is really fun.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:32 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Sean, what are the chances you have a bug? (probably slim) Sounds like either some hardware fried or software corrupted. Not fun.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:55 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
Sean, what are the chances you have a bug? (probably slim) Sounds like either some hardware fried or software corrupted. Not fun.
I've got Defender Pro 2012 on it but I know that doesn't mean 100%. The more I mess with this PC the more I think it may very well be a bug. I'm about due for an upgrade anyway. That's one of my 2013 resolutions:

Upgrade my main PC, possibly something portable so I can use it in either the living room as I do now or sit in my bar and work off the 32" LED in there.

Upside: Won't wear a hole in my recliner

Downside: Sean/Bar/Internet = bad plan. I already type enough nonsense on here.

Upgrade my phone service: Have I mentioned Sprint sucks...................badly? Their service is great if you follow the Oliver Wendell Douglas/Green Acres mode of communications, i.e. Climb to the top of the cell tower, place phone between mouth and antenna then maybe, MAYBE you'll get a tight signal. Also, sound quality is not quite equal to the Walkie-Talkies my dad bought me in 1963.

Upside: More mobility

Downside: More mobility

Upgrade phone: I have the finest MIL spec, rubberized, water resisitant phone offered by Sprint. It IS waterproof and shock proof as proven by many drops from height, dowsing in water, sea water, beer and various other odd fluids. Of course, I seldom get a signal and when I do the calls last maybe 40 seconds between drops. I also get third party conversations breaking in. Did you know Diane stayed at Bobby's house last night? What a skank. Oh, and Laquisha is a ho and is gonna get her whipped next time Shalonda sees her.

Just thought I'd pass that on.

Gonna get a new iPhone, a real hot shot, 4G example of state of the art personal communication technology.

Upside: 24 hour internet access. I'll be able to look up needed info while doing various projects at work, check Email, constant weather alerts and other vital information I need updated minute by minute. Information that I could not survive without .................................................. ....10 years ago................somehow.

Downside: Big, clunky screen wil last about 30 minutes after it arrives in mail. They are not weather proof, car key proof, beer proof, run-over proof, drop-proof, dog proof, equipment proof, voltage proof, in a nutshell not Sean proof.

More down side: Just think how productive I'll be at work all day when I can get on this thread and type BS all day long!

Oh, and text messaging! I don't ever do it right now. Once I have a portable keyboard I can piss off the wife, kids, friends, suppliers and my dad at a much more efficient rate than I already do!

Upgrade tunes in house and car:

Upside: Sean be jammin to all the good stuff, all the time.

Downside: Just another reason for the wife to take me to the vet and have me put down.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:02 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Killing me here Sean! I love your sense of humor- "have me put down"!

Okay, at the risk of opening up a real rats nest, and asking for a large can of WhoopA(double squiggle x2)... Ditch those relic pieces of technology called PC's, get a mac, slide on into the world of appropriate technology and get an iPhone (sounds like that's already in order), and forget the headaches you are having. Seriously, you won't regret it. (yes, I've owned both Macs and PC's..., oh heck, never mind, I'll save my breath)

Cheers,

Rob
(who's preparing to duck... )
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:50 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
I'm gonna start the search soon. Maybe a Mac is the way to go. I sure couldn't do any worse than the stuff I have been dealing with.

Oh, and the wife just read this. She assured me that there is no way she'll take me to the vet for the "one way trip". She wouldn't let me off that easy.

Reading her mind I would like to petition Congress for an immediate ban on all "assault type" bedding. No American should be allowed to purchase "high capacity" linen. There are too many husbands that die every year due to accidental smothering while they sleep. A big fluffy pillow, in the wrong hands, can be used by criminals (read wife at end of rope) in the act of commiting henious "revenge murders" on hapless husbands. This is a trend that must be stopped. Too many helpless (read dumbass) husbands are senselessly put down every year by irresponsible pet owners (read wives).

Please, give what you can. Just $500 a month can save one man from pushing up dirt.

Send all donations to Seanpcola, care of this station.