Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:09 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,106 Posts
Hey Don,

Will TX allow new like minded imigrants into your new seceeded state? I'm sure the line will be a long one.
SHVentus is offline Find More Posts by SHVentus
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:19 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
That's what my wife does Don, she's an accountant and an enrolled agent. She's been studying this horse %&^# since day one. I have some plans.

Wife's been hinting at me to move to TX for years. Wish I would have thought that through before I bought this house. I'm still well in the black on it but don't think I can swing a complete uproot at this time.

Being Steve's neighbor would be most excellent.

Jeff, the angle isn't "help from the powers that be". Never gotten a plug nickle from any gov't agency. The problem is the zombies coming for what I have.

OK, I promised I would say nothing else about politics and I mean it this time.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:27 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
I'm with you Jeff, time to split the MF. Us Texans still have the option of secession and I think our state government really needs to start the process. That would please the hell out of me.
Yup...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:28 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
I'd say we take everything west of the Mississippi and south of the Dakotas with us and leave the hurricanes and Nor'easters to the politicians. Immigrants allowed only if they can show proof they've never held a public office, are not a lawyer or have not worked for any big business that has had lobbyists in Washington D.C. Of course anyone with balsa building experience will be allowed. Individuals that buy ARFs will be considered on a case by case basis.

We do away with the electoral college (what school is that anyway?) and go strictly by popular vote for our leadership. As such I'm going to go ahead and throw my hat in the ring under the continuous thermal platform. Endless thermals for all! No flyable slope will be allowed to have trees planted on it to prevent flying and a winch in every flight trailer! Courses in model building will be required in our school system with advanced flight classes also being required. We already have a very large air force. We just need to figure out how to arm it is all. Not to worry... I worked that little problem out a long time ago.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:52 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,859 Posts
Hi Guys

Going to hang up my Paragon in the shop and it has the standard rubber band set up for holding the wing on, can't use them because they fall apart.

Trying to come up with something i can wrap around the pins like the bands to hold the wing, but is a strechable type of cord etc that will not fall apart and will keep the wing tight to the fuse.

Any idea's? thanks

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:19 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,507 Posts
Don! How about Orings? we've played a bunch the last couple weeks, and they should hold up a long time! I went into my storage locker after a couple months of no activity, and sure enough- ithought somebody broke in- then i realized the "good 'ol 64's (2) let go on my miss Stick- wing was about 9 " away from fuse- bird was sitting in 'natural' condition on the floor!
If i work on the west side of mississippi, but live on the north North east, can i be included,Jeff?
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:48 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Don, I would use white twine. It doesn't stretch much, but you can wind it nice and tight back and forth a few times along the rubber band paths. A few wraps and it'll look like stretched bands. It'll hold forever.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:58 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
BTW: I made it past the first screening test at a job I want. Woo hoo! My favorite test was, I'm not kidding folks, the Bionicle test. We had 15 minutes to assemble a plastic Lego monster. Only ONE applicant made it. The last test was a dastardly one- thread a .040" dia. tungsten cable* down a 1" dia., 3" long plastic tube, and guide it through a .050" dia. eye. I was troubled when I was shown what to do, and that I had only 3 minutes to thread five cables. I shouldn't have worried: I took only 45 seconds. This is gonna be interesting.

*The cable is soft and floppy, made of tungsten fibers much thinner than Human hair. It is twisted with an inner and outer braid, just like my sailboat's lines.)
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:25 PM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
3,918 Posts
Don, another substitute for rubber bands would be plastic tie straps ("zip ties"). Should last longer than the rest of the plane. Radio Shack has little ones, or try Harbor Freight for some great big ones.
Don Stackhouse is offline Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:49 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,859 Posts
Hi Stinker

I was thinking of the white twine too, i just don't wan't it to fall down after forgeting how long it will be up there.

Think i will put the blue & yellow E Bird up there too next to the Paragon, along with the 12' Goose that has been there for 25 yrs.

Legs gave out so the flying days are over, but i can enjoy the planes each day looking at them.

Then get onto building the 8' Primary to enjoy too.

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:57 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Yeah, the cotton may degrade. Just thought about that.

Here ya go: braided mason twine. Like what they use for the winch line. I have a MESS of it, and have been using it in the greenhouse. Hmm, I wonder where that mess came from.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:08 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
LOL... Everyone in San Jose better check your winches and make sure the spool is still full!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:57 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
Yeah guys, by all means come over, we have plenty of North Americans visitng Aus anyhow. But,,, the politics over here, true gutter stuff and germalism, I mean journalism! We are not a classy act at all, especially our free to air Murdoch sponsored media.

- I am, an apropos of nothing just now. But give me a chance folks, come Dec/Jan I should be settled and building again, and not just shamless freeloading here.

Stinker, good stuff! - we knew you weren't just a pin-up and roll model for women in rc sailplane aeromdelling. -demerit point for being politically incorrect oh bugger....
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:19 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Ha ha ha! Scaflock, you got me! It was a nasssty tangle, and they just cut out the worn bits. I reclaimed it. Recycling at its finest!

Steve, you made me laugh. +2 points!

I can say this- I sure aint a pinup model! Postergal, sure, but no centerfolds of me! I am working on loosing the ballast. Honest! Really.....
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:20 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Oh, Katie, don't under sell yourself! People base too much on appearances these days. Pretty smile, beautiful eyes, inventive, sailplane builder and pilot, sailboat cap'n, diverse knowledge of a LOT of things. Makes you pretty hot in these old eyes .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells