Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:25 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Katie, I know you've been around machine shops and so forth but do heed DonW's words. Your best friend in the world is safety glasses. My eyesight has been saved on several occasions. On at least five of those there is no doubt in my mind I would either be blind or seriously impaired if I had not been wearing them.
Sean, you do not need to worry whether or not I am wearing my safety glasses. I can assure you, when I am working with machines/tools that have even the slightest potential of sending things flying, they're on. It's been like that ever since I stepped in on the very first day in wood shop.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:34 PM
Jeff
USA, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Aug 2003
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacquerhead View Post
Uhg. I know what you mean there. I fight tribal knowledge at work constantly.

Re RCA videos - I don't have trouble figuring out what to listen to but I do understand your very valid point. I learned a fair amount before I started buying those videos so I had a bit of a leg up. That's how I've been with most O'Reilly books as well so I guess that shouldn't surprise me. If I put on the "newbie" hat then those videos would most definitely be counter-productive. You may drop him a line and see how he responds. Maybe suggest a "Full-House Setup Guide for the Complete Neophyte" kind of thing. Paul seems to be very responsive to customer input.
Funny I am writing this to you and there is an ad stating the "Worlds Best Glider Training Videos" staring me in the face! Look maybe I shouldn't rag on it so much...

I asked for this. So I best just suck it up and experiment. I just was mad, pissed, peeved, ticked off, and whatever that I did not get out to SULA and get it a toss.

Things could be worse: Tomorrow is election day here in the USA! The one day my voice is heard, then ignored for the next four years!
gdjsky01 is offline Find More Posts by gdjsky01
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:35 PM
Jeff
USA, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Aug 2003
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Jeff,

Are you saying that you have bought the DVDs or are reluctant to because you don't know if they'll help? If you want I'll shoot you a list of the ones I have and if any of them look like useable info I'll mail them to you.
Nah, I bought em. No worries! But THX a quintillion for the info. I shall put it to good use!

You da man!
gdjsky01 is offline Find More Posts by gdjsky01
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:51 AM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,682 Posts
Robby!
A couple question/statements:
How much of the Vias gets intersected, and which color- same as final O.D.? (red)?
That Polycurve really smooths out these lumps!
I think I'm gonna trick this adobe thing- export to Dxf, pull back into fresh program- set up for PDF- maybe that will take OK- Norwejian Brainstorm!- very Dangerous!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:02 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,682 Posts
HA HA Fooled you

Figured out how to skin a Lion
the funny part, after the Dxf export:
Import= dashed/dotted lines- converted to solids, exported PDF,OK, then went back to drawing, nutin' there
edit tree has data called- there is this same problem within the m lion from autoCAD situations- very ugly- But--- The Norwejian will quit making thermals now!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:12 AM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canardly View Post
Robby!
A couple question/statements:
How much of the Vias gets intersected, and which color- same as final O.D.? (red)?
That Polycurve really smooths out these lumps!
I think I'm gonna trick this adobe thing- export to Dxf, pull back into fresh program- set up for PDF- maybe that will take OK- Norwejian Brainstorm!- very Dangerous!

The circles are just temporary, once you trim out the center of the circle you can delete it. I make my circles 3/32" usually. Also do Not put a Via on an intersection of 2 lines (like in the pic), try and put them on long length lines or arcs so they will be easy to spot by the end user and much easier to cut. Just remember what you draw is what you get.

That should be clear as mud, lol!

Oh, Your on your own with this Mac, lion, tiger, bear stuff..... I am strictly windows, lol.
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:14 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Katie,

I was just reinforcing DonW's statement, not just for you but all of us. I'm not the most safety conscious guy so I try to remind myself too. Safety glasses have saved my eyes a dozen times over the years.

Jeff, no problem, just remember those throws were pulled out of my ! Seanpcola assumes no responsibility for results. Not available in all states. If you have a flight lasting more than 4 hours see your doctor........

Yep, wife and I are off to the voting booth!
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:23 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Sean, no worries. Just didn't want you to worry.

I can't say my eyes have been saved, yet, by the glasses ---- wait. Once. It was a full face shield, because I was under the boat, fiberglassing above me. Lots of fallen fibers, and a huge glob of resin landed on the mask above my face.

Now, the whateveritscalled mask, that one has likely saved me lots of grief over the past year. Dope, CA, and various epoxies and resins, and occasionally brake fluid -- some make me sick, some eventually will.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:19 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
matched set

Totally off the subject again but have to show you all my switchblade set. These are 11" and 9" Francesco Beltrame stilettos, the real Italian deal. The dark horn scales are very close in the white fire towards the top bolsters...I'm in love. Sometimes I just like to set and have cocktail and flick and polish them, they kick like a mule .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:25 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Totally off the subject again but have to show you all my switchblade set. These are 11" and 9" Francesco Beltrame stilettos, the real Italian deal. The dark horn scales are very close in the white fire towards the top bolsters...I'm in love. Sometimes I just like to set and have cocktail and flick and polish them, they kick like a mule .
Wonder if they have a history as in "he now lives with the fishes"
Piper J3 is offline Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:42 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Artwork

Don, I bet all the young men that called into your house to court your daughters caught a glimpse of them, heheh

Hoss, today I am on a vacation to after 5 hard months of working everyday and nights I could, but unlike you it isn't to find some quiet solace and sabatical but to be re-united with my little blonde sunfrau after 9 months apart, she arrives at Darwin airport early tommorow morning. So, not much drinking for me, but hey, I will be doing other things anyway.

Have fun dude. and let the white line fever subside.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:28 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Awesome knives Don!

Katie: I could tell you some stories that would curl your toes about safety glasses saving my eyesight. On at least 5 of those occasions the glasses were demolished doing their job.

Congrats on the reunite Steve! Guess we'll here back from you.................in a month or so.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:28 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Sean I read your story about Keith losing his Merlyn, heartbreaking.

Like Keith, I too would be enjoying 'full bodied' beers ever after such a tragic and funny episode.

Happy voting over there, you Yanks, and southerners alike .
May your man achieve victory. Hope you got some fun out of it, like an election day BBQ or something to help the entertainment along.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:43 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,039 Posts
Hi DW

I lived in East Los Angeles while being a teen and saw switch blades a lot , the bad ass gang dudes all had them before the modern times of packing a gun.

Some of the guys made Zip Guns in shop class's, just use a rubberband to hold the hammer shut, no trigger just pull the hammer back and let her go and bang.

The shop teacher did not know what the guys were making using a brass tube with a slot for the hammer, very simple gun to shoot another gang dude.

Those blades are nice!!

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:24 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,682 Posts
Thanks Robby!
So the lasers' read as the old style optic lens of the 70-80's with flame cutters?
I'm trying to get ny brain around the on/offs happening so quickly! the laser guy we have for 'real' job was telling me about 600 inches/min!
RCG Plus Member