Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:31 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,561 Posts
Workman's comp! I'm making a claim now- I hurt my sides laughin' too hard! Page 3 the best!
Can I get a copy of that Steve?
Pllleeeeeezzee??
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:19 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Yeah guys!!! Forward a copy of that to me as well. I can think of some non tool using people that would actually BELIEVE those ads!!! My brother in law comes to mind right away. As for myself, my sides are hurting I was laughing so hard! I loved the 18V cordless hammer.

Jeff the laughing elder
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:14 AM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
ROFLMAO!!!! This is just too good! I went to check my e-mail and sure enough there was the mail from Sean with the joke ads. What made it so funny was that right above it was the real flier form Harbor Freight!!!! Too Funny!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:23 AM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Well it looks like we lucked out here. Sandy turned north a good bit before the models were predicting and that spared us a great deal of her wrath. Her center is just north of harrisburg now. It's still raining heavy here and they are saying we should end up with about 4" total in my area. the wierd part is that 20 miles south of me they have almost a foot of snow Anyway, we are still getting flooded out here but the high winds are gone so we should be ok in my neck of the woods.

MD,NJ,and NY sure got hammered, my thoughts go out to any fellow pilots there.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys,
Rob
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:28 AM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
I've got a girlfriend in the MD State Police flying Helicopters. She's originally from Greece where they don't have hurricanes. She used to live with me here on the Gulf Coast and hurricanes were her biggest fear. I hope she's not freaking out too bad, but she probably is. Poor girl.

I like the 40 piece rotary nose picker. I need to get me one of those.
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:29 AM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Atmosteve....Those ads were awsome! It's funny cause it is true, lol
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:11 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdjsky01 View Post
Hey guys and gals, if you look back at the last photos of the wing of the BB-XL this question will make better sense... I think?

Question:

So the right wing is ready to unpin. Next it would have me trim the lower sheeting. How the heck am I gonna keep that edge straight with nothing but the front of the ribs?? It would have me trim the lower front sheeting, install the top back sheeting, install the top front sheeting, trim that, THEN install the leading edge and shape it? Sounds like a recipe for sheeting that does not mate well with the leading edge...

Does the question make sense?

I would think I should try to install the leading edge stock and then the top sheeting, then sand the L.E. and the top and bottom sheeting as a unit until it fits the correct shape... oui? No?
Jeff,

Sorry for the late response, there's too much to read here anymore. I believe this birds LE is the same as the OlyIII. Go ahead get all your sheeting on, top and bottom. You can take the bottom sheeting and form it to the 3014 using a straight edge. Top sheeting needs to have phone books on it. Sand sheeting, top and bottom flush with the ribs faces and then glue on the LE stock.
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:34 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,293 Posts
I was up pretty late last night, watching the news on the storm. Wow! Poor - well, everyone. It's a big mess over there.

Has anyone flown or seen a Katie II fly? I just had a guy invite me to buy a kit for $175 (which I can't afford just now). It looks interesting, made of bouncy foam. I'm just curious if it's worth jumping on one later.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:09 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,602 Posts
You know, reading this thread is a great way to start the day! Along with a cup or two of coffee, the great humor, excellent information, and everything else just makes the day start off in a nice way - thanks to all!

Rob
(who will surely have more to say when the coffee kicks in. Got up a little early to fire-up the Big Green Egg for a 12 hour salmon smoking session)
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:51 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
Has anyone flown or seen a Katie II fly? I just had a guy invite me to buy a kit for $175 (which I can't afford just now). It looks interesting, made of bouncy foam. I'm just curious if it's worth jumping on one later.
Well, just from the name of the plane, you HAVE to get one at some point. Then Katie would have a Katie II too .
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:55 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,293 Posts
Hah! That would be fun.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
I was up pretty late last night, watching the news on the storm. Wow! Poor - well, everyone. It's a big mess over there.

Hey Katie,

I had one of the Katie IIs waaaayyyy back when and if I remember right I was not impressed at all. While it made a passable aileron trainer on the slope, it really lacked when it came to thermal flying. If it had a lighter fuselage it might have been better in that respect. Wing loading was just too high to really thermal well unless you had a day full of boomers. On a slope like Torrey Pines it did fairly well if the wind was blowing at say 15 MPH or so. Anything less and it struggled.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Maybe you should come up with a look alike to it of your own design and call it the "Katie-did". Give it a better airfoil and make it lighter and it could be a good plane.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:18 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,293 Posts
Heh! Sounds like an idea.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:34 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
You know, reading this thread is a great way to start the day! Along with a cup or two of coffee, the great humor, excellent information, and everything else just makes the day start off in a nice way - thanks to all!

Rob
(who will surely have more to say when the coffee kicks in. Got up a little early to fire-up the Big Green Egg for a 12 hour salmon smoking session)
+1 on this, Rob, a great crew for several years here and between the bovine scatology, there is some good info to be had from these elders .

Don