Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:01 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
I dig that built up fuse Jeff, looks sensational.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:06 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,042 Posts
Oh, when you made that cryptic post (come November) I thought you meant you were tying the knot.

Can we still have the bachelor party?

On Paragons. One thing I never cared for on them and Sailaires for example was the provided clear canopy. Dunno, just a style thing with me. I prefer the wood block for practicality. May be because I'm ham fisted and everyone I ever had got that kniked look early on.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:09 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
Steve, interested in a red Potter 14?

I am also perfectly happy to do tie dyed silk per order. I have one in line already, we're just waiting for the model to be assembled.
This is something that is a more affordable import Katie, duly noted because I double dig what you did with the Spirit and one day wouldn't mind doing something as freaky cool as that, dunno the glider, but some glider in the loft.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:20 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
No, I think you are right Sean, they are a bit daggy, fiddly and very 80's so if you wanna be purist then that's ok by me but I too would rather not bother with the plastic canopy. I mean c'mon, who were they joking.? Fashion.. blech..

Yeah man, anything for an excuse. We should have my 'moving into an actual house' party as a substitute bachelor party, I type this in 97f heat 9:45pm swinging in the hammock just behind the tent. Actually that has been our first big investment together, a huge hammock hand made in Ecuador, http://www.hammockheaven.com.au/shop...orian-hammocks a thing of great beauty, to signify our undying appreciation of being lazy. It handles a payload of 250Kg and can carry three passengers. I invite you to my hammock flying machine.. ladies..
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:01 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,042 Posts
I started yawning as soon as I looked at the link Steve! I gotta get me one of those!
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:28 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,921 Posts
Hi Jeff

Thanks for posting my Paragon & E Bird pics for me, will figure out what the problem is here on my PC.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:56 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,293 Posts
Steve, ballast is always appreciated.

I am always game to color up some silk. it's way too much fun.

Nice birds, Don!
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,293 Posts
Oh! Check this out: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post22962017

We'll be building more glider guiders this Saturday.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:07 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canardly View Post
Thanks for the update Boingk! Sounds like a woodie to me!
Congrats Don! Maybe in 2 years you can get her started on the 'ancient' gamesystem, N64 and teach her Pilotwings for an early start!
Thanks, Cap'n! Actually, I think the kids left a Nintendo behind. I'm going to force feed modeling to these grandkids whereas I fell short with my own.....promise .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:14 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
As per Dons' email:

Both of these were built in the mid 80's

Paragon has a more pointed basswood nose block and solid balsa canopy, then i slanted back the rudder lines for a more modern look.

E bird was a scratch build 100" using Mirage ribs with a 4 panel poly design, same angles as the Paragon 4 and 11 degrees just looks right to me and flys good too.

Rear half of fuse a triangle sticks design for a light strong bird, Astro-flight 05 was way too heavy but we did not have too much to pick from back then as it was all new.
Great woodys there Jeff! I really like the red and yellow model, lots of flash. Also, it don't have a stinken buzz bomb on it .
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:06 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
LOL... I see that you guys (and gals) are only looking at the pretty pictures again. If you look back at my post you will see that I clearly stated that I was posting them for G. Don. I can not take any praise for the ships as I was only helping him get them posted so you could all see them. He was having "issues" with the attachment controls so he emailed them to me and I did the dirty work for him.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:14 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,293 Posts
Now, now. I DID say "Nice birds, DON!". This stinker was reading the fine print.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:26 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,293 Posts
Whoops. Wrong thread.
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Oct 10, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:01 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
LOL... I see that you guys (and gals) are only looking at the pretty pictures again. If you look back at my post you will see that I clearly stated that I was posting them for G. Don. I can not take any praise for the ships as I was only helping him get them posted so you could all see them. He was having "issues" with the attachment controls so he emailed them to me and I did the dirty work for him.
Tis my wrong, Sire, I beg pardon. Time is my foe and victorious is he in his undauntedness.

Very nice P Gons G Don!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:39 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,921 Posts
Hey DW

Need to get a tune up on your eyeglasse's as the blue & yellow bird is a scratch built E job, using Mirage ribs for a 4 panel poly wing.

With todays small light weight power package it would pretty light in AUW, as with the Astro-flight 05 and 7 nicads it is 47 oz for 100" span. might be able to take a pound out.

When i would shut off the power it moved along a little faster than i wanted on a light day, so i would go back to my favorite the Paragon ' Great Floater '

All my planes were the Blue & yellow color layout as each guy in the club had his own colors and design, when i built the Paragon for my friend Jerry we used the red then he moved to N.C. to work at a stock car racing team and gave it back to me as i like the red too.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don