Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:20 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,594 Posts
Tharee hunert bucks??!! Ya might force me into 200 if it was pristene and the last one!
Actually Gang, It's the BeechC Duke- B60- I've found 5 different models of it- with one being the Rocket (Turbine) mod- saw one for real 2 weeknds ago with Lady- we're in the Holman T pattern- very quiet and efficient- but costly- I still love the looks of it--
BTW Boingk! I'm gonna bug ya fer an answer of the bird- I'm thinking with full radio on head, has got to be a propelated one
Johnny
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:54 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,309 Posts
Steve, interested in a red Potter 14?

Really, we are trying to sell Dory's Potter. He has one nibble. Maybe soon.....

I am also perfectly happy to do tie dyed silk per order. I have one in line already, we're just waiting for the model to be assembled.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:12 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Yeah, I know Sagitta 900 is collectible and $300 is probably in the range but way too much to me for what it is. I gotta agree with the Captain.

I've never been a big fan of Sagittas but that's me. I had a 600 and a 900 back in the day.

You know, I was discussing this with Ken (Kenboguns) either today or last weekend (oldtimer's ) and I think a lot of the preferences of various older stuff was more related to conditions. IIRC a lot of West Coast guys and maybe mid-West liked the Sagittas whereas around my area they just weren't popular. We have a lot more days of really low or even non-existent wind so floatie stuff was just fine. Not much slope action here either.

Not that I need one more kit but thinking about that Paragon got me thinking about the Paramount I finished out and let get brain-farted into the ground earlier this year. Whoever framed it up did a nice job but it was old school constructed, the glue joints were at least 20 years old and there was several things I would have modded. That's why I haven't been so enthusiastic about fixing the banged up stuff. If I had an unbuilt kit of it I would probably be all over it.

Wait, I think Mr. Hayes was working on that. Ray, if you're reading this remember my message where I said to put me on the list.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:14 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post

I am also perfectly happy to do tie dyed silk per order. I have one in line already, we're just waiting for the model to be assembled.
Katie, I missed some other stuff too. You banged up your tie-dyed glider didn't you? How did the silk hold up?

Yeah, Steve needs the Potter.*

*Incentive to get him over here on this continent.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:28 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,309 Posts
I keep the Tx on a lanyard. I turned ariu d once to look at something, and the Tx swung into the SE. There is a small puncture on the bottom of the wing. That's fixable.

The old breaks from before broke open again when I dorked it. I epoxied it back together, and will 'glass the seams when I get to it.

If you come to the states and are interested, we can show you the Potter, if it's still available.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:51 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Ok.... let me try to keep this in order here....

First: Congrats Don! You sure she's related to YOU?!?!?! Too cute for that! And a hearty "hear hear!!" to not having to change diapers!

Next: I agree with Sean. Very nice looking Paragon. Sean... Be a friend and hand LV a paper towel so he can wipe the drool off! You KNOW what a Paragon addict he is!

Lastly: The girlfriend ya'll were teasing me about is gone! Sorry but I don't date closet drug users! UGH!!! To much drama was coming from her and I found out why. Oh well there's plenty more and better ladies out there. I just have to meet them is all. What lady could resist my Irish charm?

BTW SEan... What you sending Katie that has her blushing? Inquiring minds want to know
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:41 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,967 Posts
Hi Guys

That is Dean Gradwell's tran's yellow Paragon, he is one of the Nor-Cal XC flyers.

Very tidy building job too.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Oct 2004
599 Posts
Thanks for the comments.
Another picture or two.
Regards Dean
DEAN GRADWELL is offline Find More Posts by DEAN GRADWELL
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:55 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Hi Dean, Superb build!

Jeff, Good call. I've dropped a couple of GFs like I grabbed the wrong end of a soldering iron for the same reason.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:10 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
This is weird. I sent an email to a close friend last night checking up on him. I get up this morning, check this thread and see the subject is Paragons and while I'm looking I get a popup saying I have a new email. I check it and it's my buddy responding saying he just finished his new Paragon and flew it a couple of weekends ago. I have the Twilight Zone" theme playing in my head right now.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:42 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
Thanks, Steve and Jeff, yes, she's a keeper for sure. At only 6.2lbs she still might be a bit big for the stock Merlyn, double the scale and she'd fit just fine .

You guys think this will hold up? This is my crunched stab where the LE snapped. It fit back really well as it didn't completely separate. I soaked it with thin CA and epoxied a little .014" x .100" CF strip I channeled into the balsa, it's about 2" long. I figure it's either overkill or not enough .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:45 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
Man! The blue and white on that Paragon looks fantastic! Beautiful ship for sure! I love the look of these woodys, they're just plain purdy!
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:24 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post

Katie, I would love to buy Dory's Potter, but I need it delivered to Qld Australia, you wanna deliver it?
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:27 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
Don, it should be ok, nice work there btw very tidy.

Loved the Paragon's and Dean's is very attractive. Real woodies.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:36 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
I agree. Both of the Paragons looks like a great building job was done on them and the coverings look fantastic. I'm thinking that I just might use the pattern on the blue one only change it to black/trans-red When I do up the Mirage.

Dean: Do you use the Paragon for XC and if so did you change the airfoil or do you ballast her up a bit?
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock